Just messing around with my laptop and thought to plug in the 9550's one last time before my Dx arrives. Anyway, on both devices it said that there was a software update. Though its still .713 it updated. It was quick. About 10 to 15 min Per BB. While I know there's a glitch in dm that keeps saying that there's a software update I truly think it was a maintenance update or something of that sort. After both devices updated I was not able to get the pop up message to update. Here's the weird thing. My keyboard doesn't lag as much. The screen response is better and the phone just seems snappier. Anyone else get this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-10 03:49 AM
    I am using DM6 and I got bbm updates and OS updates.

If you ask me what are the update for the OS..... I got no clue because there's so many modules and all are running 713.
    08-08-10 06:39 AM
    I guess RIM got tired of people whining about the OS 6 update so they are throwing us a bone
    08-08-10 05:02 PM
    713 is 713 is 713. I think you are experiencing a bit of the placebo effect.
    08-08-10 05:05 PM
    it probably was still just the glitch in DM. the keyboard is better because of the reboot i would guess
    08-08-10 05:08 PM
    713 is 713 is 713. I think you are experiencing a bit of the placebo effect.
    Probably right. If you look for something long enough you can convince yourself that it actually exist.
    08-08-10 05:08 PM
    No. I do batt pulls day. Not quick pulls. And no its a bit quicker. Especially when typing. All I can guess is maybe part of the Os was maybe corrupted. But I can tell the diff. Even my wife noticed it without me telling her I updated it. And just to try. I plugged both 9550's in to my laptop and no pop-up. you guys try plugging it in and tell me if you guys get the message. Plus I'm not hoping any good for this phone as next week my phone should arrive. So I don't think its me hoping this phone gets better. Give it a try, see if you guys get the same message. Because even dm said my apploader was outdated but not Dm. So something was updated.

08-08-10 05:14 PM
    No. I do batt pulls day. Not quick pulls. And no its a bit quicker. Especially when typing. All I can guess is maybe part of the Os was maybe corrupted. But I can tell the diff. Even my wife noticed it without me telling her I updated it. And just to try. I plugged both 9550's in to my laptop and no pop-up. you guys try plugging it in and tell me if you guys get the message. Plus I'm not hoping any good for this phone as next week my phone should arrive. So I don't think its me hoping this phone gets better. Give it a try, see if you guys get the same message. Because even dm said my apploader was outdated but not Dm. So something was updated.

I had trouble with my S2 roughly a week ago (I mentioned it on CB) and when I reinstalled the OS, the apploader DID update itself. The phone works identically with the refreshed OS, as it had worked the previous month+.
    08-08-10 05:22 PM

You're right. I just got the same quick update
    08-08-10 11:56 PM
    I plugged mine in and didn't have any update.
    For another reason I wiped and reloaded vzw 713 restored my apps and went back into DM and it said there was Gmail plugin update. It loaded something like 316 modules and rebooted. It didn't restore any apps like it normally does.
    I think RIM is just messing with us.
    Or maybe its the Saudis.

08-09-10 12:32 AM
    I think RIM is just messing with us.
    Or maybe its the Saudis.
    You could be right
    08-09-10 12:51 AM
    It is very unfortunate RIM is completely ignoring storm2 9520 users. No OS update since more than one and half months while during this period all models have got os released. Storm2 users are struggling on .713/.741.

More importantly, while launching OS6 for 9800, it was announced that OS6 would not be compatible with storm2 because of type of "touch screen" used in 9800. it is capacitve based touch screen, non clickable and very similar to iphone & htc phones.

I recall when storm2 was to be launched last year in Oct, 2009, there were lot of speculations about screen and it was argued that RIM wanted to keep its touch screen as "exclusive", and would like to provide hard key experience to users on touch screen. Where has gone "exclusivity" of touch in 9800?

In nutshell, Storm2 will not get OS6 update, not becasue of memory issue rather "compatibility" issues. Do we assume, storm2 is dying now by its own?

Prithvi
    08-09-10 01:54 AM
    I just plugged mine in and received an update box, but I am running OOAKDPC .862 Hybrid. Maybe that's why?
    08-09-10 06:56 AM
    yes hybrids and shrink OS will get this alot more since there are files missing and or out of date per say
    08-09-10 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD