Does anyone know if the slider can be closed after a call is made w/out hanging up on the call?
    I was messing around with the 9800 today @ the AT&T (awesome device, btw. I'll be getting mine Thurs) and asked this question.
    The sales rep said the slider could be closed after a call was made, but I didn't think of, or had the time to actually check it.
    I know it's not out yet but this question is really bugging me now.
    Anybody????
    Looks like I'll be back @ the AT&T store tomorrow.
    08-07-10 11:41 PM
    I remember hearing/reading somewhere that you could set it to have it end the call when you closed the slider, but by default it was set to NOT end the call upon closing. I could be wrong on this though. I am getting old.....hahahaha
    08-07-10 11:43 PM
    Is configurable. You can answer the call and hangup with the slider. Or you can shutoff that option.
    08-07-10 11:45 PM
    Ha ha. Thanks.
    Sorry for the dual question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 11:48 PM
    Is configurable. You can answer the call and hangup with the slider. Or you can shutoff that option.
    When you receive a call, do you see phone number on screen and can you configure phone to answer it simply by opening slider?

Also, I have read that sone folks have reported very tinny call quality. Can you make calls with the slider both closed and open, and are calks less tinny when slider is open (fully extended)? Am basically wondering if microphone position makes a difference (looks like it is on lower left side of keyboard)
    08-14-10 06:55 AM
    Settings to auto-answer end just like in on other BB they have the in holster option along with the slide open/close option. It shows the numbers when someone calls, then you can either with the answer key, ignore it, or slide the phone open.

Haven't noticed a different in call quality between have the slide open vs close.
    08-14-10 07:17 AM
    This was a huge help! Thank you!
    01-14-11 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD