i have a bb 8330 with verizon and use a mac to sync my phone. My media player will not display my album art. I use iTunes to manage my audio files. when i transfer my music files to my blackberry i just click and drag them to my blackberry. Any ideas on how to make the art show up?
    07-12-08 11:18 AM
    i have a bb 8330 with verizon and use a mac to sync my phone. My media player will not display my album art. I use iTunes to manage my audio files. when i transfer my music files to my blackberry i just click and drag them to my blackberry. Any ideas on how to make the art show up?
    ran my through roxio and the files that have the art all displayed it.......other than that i dunno
    07-12-08 11:20 AM
    ran my through roxio and the files that have the art all displayed it.......other than that i dunno
    I am using a mac; the blackberry software cd does not include the Roxio program for mac. Mac users get shafted and only get the included stripped down hunk of crap blackberry desktop manager.
    07-12-08 11:34 AM
    I am using a mac; the blackberry software cd does not include the Roxio program for mac. Mac users get shafted and only get the included stripped down hunk of crap blackberry desktop manager.

Lo siento my friend...............you got MacShafted...........my simpleton knowledge is woefully devoid of Macinfo.........good luck.......hope THAT MacMess is sorted out for you soon.
    07-12-08 11:40 AM
    bump - I got the same problem. Anybody got a clue?
    07-12-08 12:37 PM
    my album art wa not showing up either, until I used the media manager and cleaned up all the files and added the missing album art from the web or from saved pictures.
    07-12-08 01:04 PM
    my album art was not showing up either, until I used the media manager and cleaned up all the files and added the missing album art from the web or from saved pictures.
    Again...I am using a mac and Blackberry insightfully doesn't include a "media manager" for mac on the software they provide.

Does anyone know of any 3rd party apps that would inbed the album art properly? Would real player for mac do it or some other preferably free software?
    07-13-08 01:06 PM
    i used BlackBerry Media Sync and all mine show up
    07-13-08 01:39 PM
    i used BlackBerry Media Sync and all mine show up
    Where did you download BB media sync? Does media sync work on a mac?
    07-13-08 02:56 PM
    Where did you download BB media sync? Does media sync work on a mac?
    it doesn't work for mac

i'm sorry

but pm me if you want it for windows
    07-13-08 02:58 PM
    I use the Media Sync also, but only some files have the Album Art, altough they all are with the art in Itunes. AAC files never have it, mpeg sometimes.
    08-11-08 05:10 AM
    It's not the most elegant way to move music around, but I always had album art on my Curve when I did this:

From iTunes, make sure you do the "get album artwork" function and get whatever you can. Not everything may be found, in which case you need to do it manually.

Then go into your iTunes directory (on a Mac, this would be in your music folder in the home directory, on Windows in My Music) and look for the artist/album folders you want on your phone.

Plug in your phone, and if you have set it to use mass storage mode, it will mount on your Mac desktop.

Drag what you want to listen to into the music folder on your phone (the entire folder of tunes, not just tracks). The album art, I believe is contained in metadata within iTunes, so you need to take the whole folder.

You SHOULD be able to see art now. Like I said, it's not foolproof, but it worked for me.

Mac users are at a serious disadvantage when it comes to BB SW. But you can make it work, usually.
    08-11-08 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD