I have the Twitter for iPhone app and last night I saw that there was an update available for it. I installed it and now I can't use it at all! It keeps crashing as soon as it opens. Is anyone else having this problem? I have iPhone 3GS. I bought two new Twitter apps last night, thinking that if one doesn't work then maybe the other one will, but I don't like either one as much as I like Twitter for iPhone. I am a huge Twitter addict and having it with me at all times was one of my reasons for getting an iPhone.
    08-06-10 12:59 PM
    Did you try uninstalling it and then putting it back?

Sidenote... was one of the ones you bought Osfoora? I'm a twitter
    addict as well and that's one of the best apps for twitter on the
    iPhone IMO.
    08-06-10 02:21 PM
    No problems for me (iP4 - 4.0.1).
    08-06-10 02:21 PM
    I would hook my device up to iTunes and delete the app. Try TweetDeck for iPhone, Ive had really good luck with it and the UI is outstanding. Just my .02.
    08-06-10 02:22 PM
    That was happening to me yesterday but I found a simple reboot of the phone worked.

Anyone else having issues with Twitter for iPhone and logging in? There are hours where I can't log in and a pop-up says "unable to authenticate/service unavailable" but visiting the mobile web site works fine.

I'm stumped.
    08-06-10 03:06 PM
    my twitter crashes once in a while but that's about it. I just end up rebooting my iphone 3g. I use twitterific.
    08-06-10 07:44 PM
    I use the official Twitter App and haven't had any issues with it.

I would try a uninstall and then reinstall and see if that works.
    08-07-10 12:24 PM
    Thanks! I did reboot my phone and that didn't help, deleted and reinstalled the app and that didn't work either. Some other people on Twitter are having the same problem, I read yesterday. I also reported the problem on app's "Report Problem" section and am hoping it will eventually get straightened out. In the meantime I am using "Simply Tweet" as my main Twitter app, although I don't like it nearly as much as "Twitter for iPhone" and I also got 2 free Twitter apps, Twitterific and Twitbird, in case "Simply Tweet" stops working for some reason. Thank you again and please know that I really appreciate your help.
    08-08-10 01:35 PM
    Hope you get it resolved... when you deleted it, did you just
    delete it from your phone or from both pc and phone?
    08-08-10 03:57 PM
    This is happening with alot of apps. Echofon is experiencing so of the same issues. The one app I loved for Twitter, Osfoora, is now having issues as well. Hopefully these devs fix these issues quickly.
    08-09-10 01:22 PM
    well t4i was updated again... this should resolve your issues.
    08-10-10 12:09 AM
    The new update seems to have fixed the problem and it's working for me again! Thank you all for your help with this; I really appreciate it a lot. Sorry I didn't get back to you till now but a friend is dealing with a serious health issue and I've been with him most of the time. Thank you all again!
    08-12-10 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD