I want to use a TELUS 8530 on a BELL Network. I know it'll have to be unlocked, etc...

I have read conflicting answers on here about Networks, CDMA Carriers, Frequencies, etc.

Can anybody set the record straight?

Thanks guys!
    08-06-10 10:56 AM
    The simplest of answer is CAN'T be done.

basically the only way for you to get it done would be to request Bell Load the phones MEID into their servers, which if you can get them to do it I would be very impressed.

unlocking is for GSM based phones, NOT CDMA based phones.
    08-06-10 08:15 PM
    I want to use a TELUS 8530 on a BELL Network. I know it'll have to be unlocked, etc...

I have read conflicting answers on here about Networks, CDMA Carriers, Frequencies, etc.

Can anybody set the record straight?

Thanks guys!
    Actually it has to be flashed. Unlocking only pertains to phones that have sim card slots.
    08-11-10 10:54 AM
    Actually it has to be flashed. Unlocking only pertains to phones that have sim card slots.
    Even if flashed to work on the Bell network, Bell IT won't add the ESN serial number into their database, as they won't make any money from you. If the ESN is not added into their database, the reps cannot add it to your account.
    08-12-10 03:42 PM
    Even if flashed to work on the Bell network, Bell IT won't add the ESN serial number into their database, as they won't make any money from you. If the ESN is not added into their database, the reps cannot add it to your account.
    Wouldn't they make money on the plan?
    08-12-10 06:38 PM
    Wouldn't they make money on the plan?
    Yes technically but they still want to make some money of the device itself. The only way possible to get it registered is if you know someone willing to sacrifice their job for you high up in IT.
    08-12-10 07:27 PM
    Yes technically but they still want to make some money of the device itself. The only way possible to get it registered is if you know someone willing to sacrifice their job for you high up in IT.
    Well they're not going to make any money off the plan if they don't let someone bring their phone over

But, this is the phone company we're talking about, not the loudest bell in the belltower
    08-12-10 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD