I can see 1 small blue dot on my screen in the same place. Does that mean a dead pixel ?
    I can only see it if the background is dark... on lighter backgrounds, I cannot see it. If I scroll an icon over the blue dot, i also cannot see it. Only when the background is a dark color.
    08-06-10 05:18 AM
    Yes, it is a defect. On lighter areas, light is expected to come through that particular pixel, which is why it only shows against a dark background. It used to be very common with earlier LCD panels, but I can't say I've seen one personally in the past 2 or 3 years. If it bothers you that much, see if you can get it replaced under warranty. Keep in mind that some manufacturers still claim that a certain number of dead or stuck pixels is "normal", and that a single dot isn't worthy of a warranty claim.

Defective pixel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    A stuck sub-pixel [3] is a pixel that is always "on." This is usually caused by a transistor that is not getting any power, and is therefore continuously allowing light at that point to pass through to the RGB layer. This means that any given pixel will stay red, blue, or green, and will not change when attempting to display an image. These pixels may only show up using certain applications, or they may be on all of the time.
    08-06-10 06:35 AM
    didnt you just get your DX?????
    08-06-10 08:02 AM
    Better a single dead pixel than a dead beat up browser pos 9550

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-10 10:45 AM
    Better a single dead pixel than a dead beat up browser pos 9550

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Why even go there...
    08-06-10 12:44 PM
    in the market there is a app called J Screen Fix it will fix most stuck pixels...

just search "dead pixel" in the market youll see it...
    08-06-10 01:01 PM
    didnt you just get your DX?????
    Yes. Only had my X for a week now. Discovered the dead pixel last night. Bummer.
    08-06-10 01:21 PM
    in the market there is a app called J Screen Fix it will fix most stuck pixels...

just search "dead pixel" in the market youll see it...

Thanks..... found it and tried it, didnt work, but going to try it later for a full 30 mins.

Just 1 dead pixel, bottom right.... only shows up under black.... not under green, yellow or red....and of course blue since its stuck on at blue.

Called VZW and advised about it, said they would send a new one after i bring this one into a store to verify that there is a dead pixel.
    08-06-10 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD