If I got a new one and unlocked it, or bought a new unlocked one from e-Bay, would I be able to use all the services that come with being a Blackberry owner on the T-Mobile network?

Obviously I'm going to add a BlackBerry plan to my service, but afterwards how hard is it to make the Storm 2 work on the T-Mobile network?

More than anything I need the BBchat...

Also, I heard that the AT&T model (9520) is the easiest to get working on T-Mobile. Is that true?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Oh, and does AT&T give out unlock codes if you ask?
    08-05-10 09:19 PM
    If I got a new one and unlocked it, or bought a new unlocked one from e-Bay, would I be able to use all the services that come with being a Blackberry owner on the T-Mobile network?
    Voice and data will work but not 3G

Obviously I'm going to add a BlackBerry plan to my service, but afterwards how hard is it to make the Storm 2 work on the T-Mobile network?
    It can be easy if you follow the steps

More than anything I need the BBchat...
    you mean BBM, yes it will work

Also, I heard that the AT&T model (9520) is the easiest to get working on T-Mobile. Is that true?
    There is no AT&T model 9520, its the Vodafone 9520 aka the other half of Verizon

Oh, and does AT&T give out unlock codes if you ask?
    You would have to get the unlock code from someone that unlocks devices. AT&T does not offer unlocking
    08-05-10 10:11 PM
    Att will give unlock codes for current customers, but as mentioned above they do not have a 9520 in their lineup.
    08-05-10 10:15 PM
    Att will give unlock codes for current customers, but as mentioned above they do not have a 9520 in their lineup.
    they will give unlock codes for devices they offer not for other carriers devices.
    08-05-10 10:16 PM
    Voice and data will work but not 3G

It can be easy if you follow the steps

you mean BBM, yes it will work

There is no AT&T model 9520, its the Vodafone 9520 aka the other half of Verizon

You would have to get the unlock code from someone that unlocks devices. AT&T does not offer unlocking

Oh, I'm sorry then. Which version would be better to get? The 9520 or the 9550?

Also, why is 3G not available on the BB Storm 2 with T-Mobile? And what exactly does that entail?

Is 3G so great that I should just get one of the lamer models of Blackberry that they offer instead?
    08-05-10 10:26 PM
    There is a difference between 3g and 2g yes. Is it noticeable? Yes, to me it is. The speeds in which items are downloaded, rendered, loaded, etc will all be affected. 3G wont work because of the different bands the two networks use. Its probably going to be cheaper and easier to find a Verizon one, over Vodo. What are you wanting the storm for specifically?? The touchscreen?
    Last edited by D2VW14_20; 08-05-10 at 10:37 PM.
    08-05-10 10:34 PM
    Hrmp....some carrier only have GRPS or EDGE network while some have 3G. In all case, it will still work.
    08-05-10 10:37 PM
    There is a difference between 3g and 2g yes. Is it noticeable? Yes, to me it is. The speeds in which items are downloaded, rendered, loaded, etc will all be affected. 3G wont work because of the different bands the two networks use. Its probably going to be cheaper and easier to find a Verizon one, over Vodo. What are you wanting the storm for specifically?? The touchscreen?
    Yeah, I think it's pretty cool.
    I really don't plan on "rendering" anything, or doing any heavy web surfing. Mostly just BBM, email, facebook and calls. Would 3G affect that?

Also, it looks like the touch keys on the Storm 2 are bigger than those on the Bold or Curve. I HATE the buttons on the Curve, they're tiny and they hurt my fingers.

Even if the buttons are the size of the Pearl flip's, that's fine, I just need bigger "buttons" for MMSing, you know?
    Last edited by DDar; 08-05-10 at 10:53 PM.
    08-05-10 10:46 PM
    Also, what's up with all the issues going on with the storm on T-Mobile?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/st...67/index5.html

Never seemed to have gotten resolved...
    08-05-10 10:56 PM
    Yeah, I think it's pretty cool.
    I really don't plan on "rendering" anything, or doing any heavy web surfing. Mostly just BBM, email, facebook and calls. Would 3G affect that?

Also, it looks like the touch keys on the Storm 2 are bigger than those on the Bold or Curve. I HATE the buttons on the Curve, they're tiny and they hurt my fingers.

Even if the buttons are the size of the Pearl flip's, that's fine, I just need bigger "buttons" for MMSing, you know?

If you dont do any web surfing, or heavy app usage, you shouldnt have a problem without 3g, as long as the rest of your coverage is good, considering your Email and Facebook use data. But just remember, if you do have issue, TMo may be reluctant to help with your issues considering you are using and out of network phone. Im used S1 and S2 on ATT without issues and with issues, so it just depends. Go for it, and if it doesnt work out, sell the phone. You shouldnt loose out much, and you can get unlock codes cheap.
    08-05-10 11:05 PM
    Anybody have any experience with the BB 9700 vs the 9550?

How are the keys in comparison?
    08-05-10 11:37 PM
    Anybody have any experience with the BB 9700 vs the 9550?

How are the keys in comparison?
    With the 9550 in portrait mode, the keyboards are about the same size, but I type MUCH better on the 9700.

My 9550 works great on T-Mo. Like others have said, you loose 3G connections, you will also loose UMA calling.
    08-06-10 12:19 AM
    I'll sell you my unlocked Storm2 =)
    email me: [email protected]
    08-06-10 01:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD