Ok.. everyone is bashin the 9800 cause its slow, underpowered blah blah stfu. Rememeber when the 9700 came out? it was the first phone to come out with os5? And it was mediocre right? As updates came along the experience started becoming better varying from speed,boot up times, battery life and the os5 experience. AS UPDATES COME (WHICH THEYLL BE FLYING FOR THIS SINCE ITS THE ONLY OS 6 PHONE OUT NOW) THE DEVICE WILL GET BETTER, geez people dont be so slow.
    08-05-10 12:43 PM
    i dont foresee the OS getting better than this as long as the internals stay the same.
    08-05-10 12:46 PM
    i dont foresee the OS getting better than this as long as the internals stay the same.
    shows how very little you know about what an OS update can do...
    08-05-10 12:50 PM
    Word, like dude have you ever updated your os?
    ..well not you but him lol
    Last edited by Haze11368; 08-05-10 at 12:54 PM.
    08-05-10 12:51 PM
    You know what else is stupid IMO? People taking pictures of themselves with wife beater shirts (or no shirt at all lol) showing off their "cool" muscles, then posting it on their profile for the world to see... lmao...

Not just you, but everyone that does this.
    08-05-10 01:00 PM
    That was a pointless *** post^
    08-05-10 01:08 PM
    No, it had a point.
    08-05-10 01:12 PM
    *steering this thread back on topic*

This is one of the overlooked joys of owning a BB -- OS LEAKS!!!

Apple: only ven zee vant chew to haff one.

Android: zzzzZZZZzzzz

And you know they do make a difference on BBs.
    08-05-10 01:15 PM
    Awesome thread. But seriously, you know what day it is tomorrow?

The day I finally go full ANDROID! Galaxy S Bell Canada baby.

Oh and yeah it blow the toched up unreleased torch out of the water. I mean, no competition at all. LAWL

Oh if you guys didnt know! 6GB Data for $30 too! Sweeet eh? BlackBerry is out of the comptition.

Too late for RIM, RIP.
    Last edited by shacknews; 08-05-10 at 01:18 PM.
    08-05-10 01:15 PM

Oh and yeah it blow the toched up unreleased torch out of the water. I mean, no competition at all. LAWL

Oh if you guys didnt know! 6GB Data for $30 too! Sweeet eh? BlackBerry is out of the comptition.

Too late for RIM, RIP.
    Please be sure you delete your crackberry user ID on the way out!
    08-05-10 01:24 PM
    Please be sure you delete your crackberry user ID on the way out!
    +1. Seems like all the people that have "moved on" never really move on and come back here to share their unhappiness
    08-05-10 01:28 PM
    Anyone have any idea when its coming to Bell in Canada!!!? I wanna buy the 9800 SO BAD
    Kids today . . . .
    08-05-10 01:31 PM
    Ok.. everyone is bashin the 9800 cause its slow, underpowered blah blah stfu. Rememeber when the 9700 came out? it was the first phone to come out with os5? And it was mediocre right? As updates came along the experience started becoming better varying from speed,boot up times, battery life and the os5 experience. AS UPDATES COME (WHICH THEYLL BE FLYING FOR THIS SINCE ITS THE ONLY OS 6 PHONE OUT NOW) THE DEVICE WILL GET BETTER, geez people dont be so slow.
    I have to ageree people need to chill an take it easy. Yes the 9800 don't got the best specs out there but the new os is some thing iv been waiting for. An we need to realize is the 9800 is just the beginning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 01:32 PM

Too late for RIM, RIP.
    I actually have had a Galaxy S in hand since this morning which I just brought back ( it can only be sold tomorrow) and all I can say is "wow"!
    I am getting it , plain and simple. Still keeping the 9700 though, not giving up on BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by GG1; 08-05-10 at 01:56 PM.
    08-05-10 01:35 PM
    You do realize os6 is already very demanding in terms of resources which is why only a select few handsets are getting it. I have had numerous bb before I switched and they are not known for their snappy interfaces, they've always been clunky and far from seamless. The updates will fix a few issues here and there but holding onto hope that the lag will be fixed is far from reasonable. The people who are getting the torch love it for what it is they aren't getting it in hopes of fixes. Rim has let alot of people down with s1 and 2 by not providing these things and they are the only other two touchscreen devices. Maybe ask Kevin if the lag is still appearant with the trackpad when browsing and navigating. If its not them I'm willing to bet rim just can't get the lagless interface with the touchscreen that they are aiming for.
    08-05-10 01:54 PM
    You do realize os6 is already very demanding in terms of resources which is why only a select few handsets are getting it. I have had numerous bb before I switched and they are not known for their snappy interfaces, they've always been clunky and far from seamless. The updates will fix a few issues here and there but holding onto hope that the lag will be fixed is far from reasonable. The people who are getting the torch love it for what it is they aren't getting it in hopes of fixes. Rim has let alot of people down with s1 and 2 by not providing these things and they are the only other two touchscreen devices. Maybe ask Kevin if the lag is still appearant with the trackpad when browsing and navigating. If its not them I'm willing to bet rim just can't get the lagless interface with the touchscreen that they are aiming for.
    Proof of my last post..

I have 0 lag problems with my 9700
    08-05-10 02:10 PM
    Yeah. I wouldn't go near the 9530 when it was first released, but a few OS updates later, and the phone works great (and I eventually purchase it).
    08-05-10 02:21 PM
    Proof of my last post..

I have 0 lag problems with my 9700
    Problem, the 9700 shipped with very good performance already with no serious lag issues. Go back and read the reviews, they were all gloating and good about it. Quick glimpse
    This brings us to the performance of the 9700 in terms of user experience. Although the processor is clocked at the same 624MHz as its older sibling, the 9700's obviously got some special sauce under the hood, because with no interface changes in sight, this device is much snappier overall. Navigation, which has always been pretty quick on a BlackBerry, is tightened up a bit, and we found that opening up a bunch of applications stressed our device out a lot less than the original Bold, which was sometimes inclined to give us the dreaded clock. Thankfully, we haven't seen much of the old lag here -- and the fact that the 9700 ships with BlackBerry's OS 5.0 probably helps it along a bit, too.
    08-05-10 02:34 PM
    Yeah. I wouldn't go near the 9530 when it was first released, but a few OS updates later, and the phone works great (and I eventually purchase it).
    +1 - Storm is a perfect example!
    08-05-10 02:42 PM
    true there likely will be updates but they can't fix the screen resolution...which i'm worried about..for my money
    08-05-10 03:26 PM
    for OS 5.0 on the 9700, OS updates rarely do anything groundbreaking... the biggest thing that an OS update has ever done for me is 1) remove the alt+del feature in SMS and 2) change the lock button functionality. essentially everything else remains the same. battery life is THE SAME. OS speed is THE SAME. you will be hard pressed to find definitive proof that changes based solely on perceived effect (battery life, data speed, 'snappiness') are factual, considering for every one that reports something improved, another reports no change or worse behavior. I have gone through almost every iteration of OS update for the 9700, and I stopped at .680 because I realized NOTHING WAS FUNDAMENTALLY DIFFERENT.

to say that an OS update is going to fix everything that people see disappointing about the 9800 is simply foolish. RIM should get it right from the first place. i'd rather have one major update (as android and iOS do) than 16 minor ones.

also, i don't remember the 9700 being 'mediocre' when it first came out; it was awesome, i loved it, and so did almost everyone else. the reaction to the 9800 from the general community and the rest of the media was very different than that of the 9700's, and that is a bad sign for RIM.
    Last edited by dLo GSR; 08-05-10 at 03:56 PM.
    08-05-10 03:54 PM
    for OS 5.0 on the 9700, OS updates rarely do anything groundbreaking... the biggest thing that an OS update has ever done for me is 1) remove the alt+del feature in SMS and 2) change the lock button functionality. essentially everything else remains the same. battery life is THE SAME. OS speed is THE SAME. you will be hard pressed to find definitive proof that changes based solely on perceived effect (battery life, data speed, 'snappiness') are factual, considering for every one that reports something improved, another reports no change or worse behavior. I have gone through almost every iteration of OS update for the 9700, and I stopped at .680 because I realized NOTHING WAS FUNDAMENTALLY DIFFERENT.

to say that an OS update is going to fix everything that people see disappointing about the 9800 is simply foolish. RIM should get it right from the first place. i'd rather have one major update (as android and iOS do) than 16 minor ones.

also, i don't remember the 9700 being 'mediocre' when it first came out; it was awesome, i loved it, and so did almost everyone else. the reaction to the 9800 from the general community and the rest of the media was very different than that of the 9700's, and that is a bad sign for RIM.
    well said *golf clap* well said .
    08-05-10 03:57 PM

Makes you wonder what happened in the nine mere months since the 9700 came out, then. The 9800 is on paper a better phone -- bigger (and touch) screen and more device memory. The reactions to the 9800 are totally colored by what's been made available in that nine month period on Android and iOS.
    08-05-10 04:09 PM
    Makes you wonder what happened in the nine mere months since the 9700 came out, then. The 9800 is on paper a better phone -- bigger (and touch) screen and more device memory. The reactions to the 9800 are totally colored by what's been made available in that nine month period on Android and iOS.
    On paper, it is better than the 9700, but then again so is the 9650, and people pretty much consider those as the same level phone. The biggest disappointment I see in most reviewers and unhappy people on this forum (myself included) is that, in those 9 months, the hardware barely advanced and the software was more an incremental improvement than a whole new version. If in that nine month period so much has changed with the rest of their competition, of course expectations and standards are going to be far greater than they were in 2009. The 9800 uses a processor and screen from 2008 (Bold 9000 and Storm 1, respectively), a keyboard from 2009 (Bold 9700) and a design scheme from 2008 (Curve 8900). There were and are huge expectations for RIM's first real groundbreaking device of 2010, and it has come to be exactly what we've seen for 2 years, so I feel that is the biggest source of disappointment. There has been no serious advancement, just like with all the OS5 increments.
    08-05-10 04:53 PM
    On paper, it is better than the 9700, but then again so is the 9650, and people pretty much consider those as the same level phone. The biggest disappointment I see in most reviewers and unhappy people on this forum (myself included) is that, in those 9 months, the hardware barely advanced and the software was more an incremental improvement than a whole new version. If in that nine month period so much has changed with the rest of their competition, of course expectations and standards are going to be far greater than they were in 2009. The 9800 uses a processor and screen from 2008 (Bold 9000 and Storm 1, respectively), a keyboard from 2009 (Bold 9700) and a design scheme from 2008 (Curve 8900). There were and are huge expectations for RIM's first real groundbreaking device of 2010, and it has come to be exactly what we've seen for 2 years, so I feel that is the biggest source of disappointment. There has been no serious advancement, just like with all the OS5 increments.
    And how much has the iPhone OS changed since 2007?? iOS looks tham same on the screen as its original.
    08-05-10 05:32 PM
109 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD