Are AT&T stores displaying working units of the Slider for us to go in and play with? Or will that not happen until the 13th?
    08-05-10 11:22 AM
    They won't be until the 11th or 12th. Until then they only have those monoliths.
    08-05-10 11:35 AM
    They won't be until the 11th or 12th. Until then they only have those monoliths.
    I'm not sure where you live but in NYC the ATT store on 34th street has two live ones on display already.
    08-05-10 11:46 AM
    I just spent about 20 minutes with a managers version at a corporate store. Freakin awesome. No lag. Great keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 12:12 PM
    My boss just approached me about getting me a 2nd cell phone for work and I was able to convince him that if would be smart to get an AT&T phone (my other is Verizon) so that I would hopefully never be without service. He agreed. I'm gonna be going in on the 13th to get the Slider!
    08-05-10 01:49 PM
    Are AT&T stores displaying working units of the Slider for us to go in and play with? Or will that not happen until the 13th?
    I went to my local AT&T store today in Vero Beach, FL to look at the display of the 9800 and they told me, in addition to the display they had one I could play with. Like a kid in a candy store for 15 minutes. Enjoyed every minute. I'm 70 years old and have been a BOLD-9000 owner from the first day it came out. I will now be a 9800 owner from the first day it comes out. Looking forward to OS6 and the new browser system.
    I think(?)Crackberry has stated it will work with all their apps. I know it is not supported by Golflogix GPS. I requested they approve it and I signed up to be a beta tester. All you golfers that use golflogix on your present unit and plan on purchasing a 9800, best you Email Golflogix and request that they approve it for their GPS system.
    I have not yet received a reply from Garmin/mobile that their system will work on the 9800.
    Looking forward to the 12th.
    08-05-10 03:08 PM
    I haven't been to the local store to check it out, but it sounds like I need to make a trip.
    08-05-10 05:54 PM
    I haven't been to the local store to check it out, but it sounds like I need to make a trip.
    Me Tooooooo
    08-05-10 05:57 PM
    My boss just approached me about getting me a 2nd cell phone for work and I was able to convince him that if would be smart to get an AT&T phone (my other is Verizon) so that I would hopefully never be without service. He agreed. I'm gonna be going in on the 13th to get the Slider!
    Oh, I love your boss!
    08-05-10 06:07 PM
    Me Tooooooo
    I'm going too, first thing in the morning
    08-06-10 12:50 AM
    I went to my local At&T store (Reston, VA) and while they did have some promotional posters, etc for the 9800 they said that they have been told strictly not to place demo units etc, until Thursday. I was hoping someone would let me buy one. Have to wait a week I guess : (
    08-06-10 01:05 PM
    I went to my local At&T store (Reston, VA) and while they did have some promotional posters, etc for the 9800 they said that they have been told strictly not to place demo units etc, until Thursday. I was hoping someone would let me buy one. Have to wait a week I guess : (
    Given the location, it's probably a CIA front.
    08-06-10 01:10 PM
    Just got back from my local store. They had three of them on display to play with. I messed with one for about 30 minutes and all I can say is what a great phone. Next to it was a Samsung Captivate, I honestly preferred the Torch. The Captivate didn't have a flash and I don't like not having a physical keyboard. It was also more phone than I need. I email, text, write papers for school and look things up on the web when needed. Other than that it is just a phone. I am taking the day off on Thursday to get one.
    08-06-10 02:31 PM
    Hahaha reminds me of the book "The Hot Zone"
    08-06-10 02:42 PM
    Stopped into my local store - they were putting up three working phones but I didn't have time to wait. They also have the Otterbox Commuter and another case for the 9800 in stock, but didn't have the screen protectors yet.
    08-06-10 02:49 PM
    I just got back from my local store and used it for about 25 minutes. I found the internet very fast, but I am used to my curve so take that for what it is. I like the look, the keyboard is smaller then the curve,seems like some new features,(pinch to zoom is cool), but its very same old. This phone in no way compares to any of the high end android phones(just my opinion), but after seeing it I dont think it was really intended to. Its a step in the right direction but I dont think this was the phone we were all hopeing for.I have used lots of blackberries(for work and personal)and am a big fan, this is probably the best ever. That being said I still like it, and probably will get it if it comes to Sprint. I had thought about jumping to AT&T for this phone but thats not gonna happen, I dont like it that much for the cost difference in plans from Sprint.
    08-06-10 02:52 PM
    I'll be heading into the few AT&T stores near me, hunting down a Torch to play with...
    08-06-10 04:12 PM
    I have gotten about four good hours with this devices and if I was able to take it home I do not think that I could put it down for another four. I will be getting this device on launch and I may have to lock myself in my room till I get it out of my system or my wife is more than likely to shoot me.

08-06-10 04:28 PM
    i was just at AT&T....and was playing around with the TOURCH 9800. OS6 was totally awsome, the features and overall feel was great!!!!......BUT....OS6 running on that touch device was terrible. its was very sticky and lagged really bad. i was very surprise that the device performed that badly. My 9650 with OS6, bet it would run better on that compared to the TORCH. it was a great phone and felt great in my hands but the overall speed was awful. for all you guys wanting to cancel your contract with your current provider to go with ATT. think twice or go in and really get the feel for the torch. great looking but performance was terrible. Not sure if the reception was bad or sumthin but it was very sluggish. but it does look great
    08-06-10 04:36 PM
    I played with one for 15 minutes last night.
    08-06-10 07:37 PM
    And how was it?
    08-06-10 07:46 PM
    I used one today and it was VERY smooth. When Kevin showed us the video of him using it at the big event, the home screen seemed slow. When I used it today, it responded instantly.

08-06-10 08:05 PM
    Were you swiping the banner or the icons
    08-06-10 09:03 PM
    Were you swiping the banner or the icons
    I was thinking about that and it may be slower swiping the icons because I noticed that in the vids they were touching the icons and then swiping. Touching as in selecting it (making it light up like you are going to click it) with your finger, and then swiping..........which may confuse the OS causing a delay in scrolling.
    08-06-10 09:45 PM
    Yeah, no joke.

I was in the Annapolis corporate store and they have two demo units out. I'm deff getting this phone!

08-06-10 10:43 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD