Why are people so bent out of shape about this phone. I think its a great device I can care less about the specs. I think they will release an OS up date to fix the lag. I could be wrong maybe the phone is to under powered for its own good. Or. I just wanna know what's so bad about this phone or are people pissed cuz this phone dint live up to its hype. Yes the 9800 can be compared to the the I phone or droid cuz those are a in a class of there own in my eyes. It may not pac a snapdragon or hd bla bla bla but its just a phone not a psp.I think in time the 9800 will grow on uss once we play with it. I will get flamed for this post I know it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 10:02 AM
    ....Wait for it!!
    ....Wait for it!!
    08-05-10 10:05 AM
    Why are people so bent out of shape about this phone. I think its a great devise I can care less about the specs. I think they will realese an os up date to fix the lag. I could be wrong maybe the phone is to under powerd for its own good. Or. I just wanna know what's so bad about this phone or are people pissed cuz this phone dint live up to its hype. Yes the 9800 can be compared to the the I phone or driod cuz those are a in a class of there own in my eyes. It may not pac a snapdragon or hd bla bla bla but its just a phone not a psp.I think in time the 9800 will grow on uss once we play with it. I will get flamed for this post I know it

Let see...

58% of existing Blackberry owners are not happy with the BB platform.
    RIM is loosing marketshare.
    Investors are not happy with RIM.

So OS6 and 9800 are suppose to turn RIM around or at the least get them on the right track.

OS6 looks to be an improvement, but appears to still be laggy even on their new flagship device - Plus only a small portion of existing users will even see it - so the jury is still out on if OS6 can really be relied on to calm the rough waters RIM is in.

The 9800 even by Kevin's account is underpowered and lacks many of the features that have become standard on today's smartphone. There is nothing on the 9800 that others do not have, or have had for over a year.

Will existing BB owner's that currently love the BB platform, also love the 9800... YES they will. Will it draw Android and iPhone owners away from their devices... Doubtful. Will it draw new customers into AT&T stores away from VZW and their new Android devices... also Doubtful.
    08-05-10 10:18 AM
    Well, that was disappointing
    08-05-10 10:27 AM
    There's nothing bad about the phone, its just mediocre relative to the technology that's out on most phones today. We were just hoping for a lot more but RIM decided to play it safe and settled for less.

08-05-10 10:30 AM
    Spelling failure wrong is a big failuer.........

For current BB users, it will be a much better experience.
    For non BB users who want options (touchscreen, trackpad, physical keyboard), it will do decent.
    For non BB users who want a multimedia experience AND have owned other multimedia phones, it will probably fail in that area.
    08-05-10 10:31 AM
    "lacks many of the features that have become standard on today's smartphone"

So long as it doesn't lag much (which it hasn't in any video i've seen) I don't know what you're talking about. what features? better hardware? who gives a damn about hardware as long as the phone performs well. no one is forced to buy this BB, if you need openGL because you can't stand not absolutely perfect scrolling so be it, get another phone. this phone has features that many other smartphones don't have... better email integration, better social networking integration, better search, better keyboard... but those don't seem to matter. the real innovation is the software, if this device is underpowered it won't be long til an updated version is released with more power. so why the hate, hardware is not innovation, RIM is based on innovation.
    08-05-10 10:32 AM
    People were hoping for a BlackBerry that was an iPhone clone but RIM decided to do their own thing.
    08-05-10 10:35 AM
    It is really a "failuer" of the people by expecting so much! I have been doing Blackberry from the 950 days and I was surprised by the features that RIM added.

You people are comparing the Blackberry to the iPhone or a Droid and that is setting you up for disappointment.

Would I own anything else? Well I returned my iPhone is just 4 hours!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 08-05-10 at 10:55 AM.
    08-05-10 10:53 AM
    Making that many typos has to be on purpose... no way someone is that shot.
    08-05-10 10:57 AM
    People were hoping for a BlackBerry that was an iPhone clone but RIM decided to do their own thing.
    You have it all wrong. I were hoping for a Blackberry comparable to the competition (andriod & iPhone) NOT better than either of these platforms and the 9800 fails to do so.
    08-05-10 10:58 AM
    I fixed the spelling
    08-05-10 11:01 AM
    I fixed the spelling
    You should of left it alone so we can make fun of him
    08-05-10 11:03 AM
    Making that many typos has to be on purpose... no way someone is that shot.
    I am afraid you are wrong.
    08-05-10 11:05 AM
    you should of left it alone so we can make fun of him
    x2
    10 char
    08-05-10 11:05 AM
    Truth of the matter is no matter what RIM came out with people would find something wrong with it to complain about. If they used a 1 Ghz processor instead of the 624 people would have complained it should have been a 2 Ghz. If they used 1 GB of memory people would have complained it should have 2GB. People simply love to have something to put down to make themselves feel better apparently.

Seriously, the people that are bashing it and complaining about it think it's all about numbers and actually have no clue as to how it performs except from watching a 15 minute clip of a test phone. So lame.
    08-05-10 11:06 AM
    You should of left it alone so we can make fun of him
    *have

08-05-10 11:07 AM
    RIM is in the right direction.
    I am getting this phone next week but then again, I am not at all into games and videos.
    The way I see it, this is a stepping stones and I am sure the phone by next year will be 1Ghz+
    Beside a lower than expected processor and screen resolution, it seems to be at par with other platforms.
    Media seems MUCH improved, Webkit, easier interface...etc...
    What kills me is people complaining that it's just like a new theme and looks too much like a blackberry. Well, I would hope so. Being familiar with it I do expect the same look and fell, as long as the mechanics behind are more efficient.
    08-05-10 11:09 AM
    Cramer hasn't dumped it quite yet but not recommending it at the same time.
    08-05-10 11:10 AM
    Truth of the matter is no matter what RIM came out with people would find something wrong with it to complain about. If they used a 1 Ghz processor instead of the 624 people would have complained it should have been a 2 Ghz. If they used 1 GB of memory people would have complained it should have 2GB. People simply love to have something to put down to make themselves feel better apparently.

Seriously, the people that are bashing it and complaining about it think it's all about numbers and actually have no clue as to how it performs except from watching a 15 minute clip of a test phone. So lame.
    Just...no. The 2 year old PXA910 cant handle the job that RIM is trying to throw at it, and it cant do OpenGL like the phones its directly competing against. Not even the CrackBerry review disagrees with this

Also, its no longer a test product but a finished product, the reviews you see will be the same experience you'd get if you went out and bought it. People worth their salt dont review test phones.
    08-05-10 11:20 AM
    *have

You should have minded your own business
    08-05-10 11:25 AM
    You should have minded your own business
    You made it so easy.
    08-05-10 11:33 AM
    I think many people were hoping, or wondering if, the torch was going to shoe RIM waking up out of a 3 year sleep and hauling @SS down the fast track. The conclusion, right or wrong, with most of the reviews is "they finally found the starting line but still haven't realized the starting pistol has already been fired".

Apparently its a good device but just not good enough yet. For those saying "it is not suppose to be an iphone or a droid", answer this- then why are they pricing it as high as one?

08-05-10 12:19 PM
    Hmmm... thank god! If I were even remotely interested in purchasing an iPhone clone I wouldn't have waited for RIM to release their version of such a device. Instead, I'd have gone and bought the genuine article. Why opt for someone's imitation when you can get the real thing?

From what I've seen of the 9800 thus far, I actually rather like it. In fact, the more I see it and read about the more interested I am in it.

Sadly, it's on AT&T and that's a deal-breaker for me. If RIM failed anywhere on this I would think it would have to be there (only offering to AT&T at launch), not in the device itself. If, however, it ever comes to Verizon at some point (haven't heard whether or not this is supposed to be the case), depending on what other BB's are on the market at that time, I'd seriously consider getting one.
    08-05-10 01:39 PM
    But, folks forget about the real killer app for the consumer right now. Its BBM. Take that away and yes folks would flock to other devices. Add it to other mobile OS' and yes folks would flock to other devices.
    Honestly, what consumer needs BBM, when there are plenty other alternatives. Also, that means all your consumer frieds need BM as well.
    08-05-10 01:50 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD