08-05-10 07:10 AM
    Are you aware on how many other companies in stocks lose 2+ billion a day?
    08-05-10 07:25 AM
    Yes I am. It happens all the time. Point being is that one of the stock advisers issued a sell rating on RIM. That my friend is never a good thing.
    08-05-10 07:50 AM
    No they didn't.

Investors lost a total of 2billion...and others picked up cheap shares and will make 2 billion or more.

Markets are manipulated constantly as well, just for that reason. See what happens if the 9800 starts selling and when new OS6 phones come out and others flock away from android and Iphones.
    08-05-10 08:34 AM
    This is what we call News & Rumors Moving thread
    08-05-10 09:02 AM
    Berryfit,

That's only the case if people "flock away" from Android and iPhones--and that is a very big "if" indeed!
    08-05-10 09:33 AM
    No they didn't.

Investors lost a total of 2billion...and others picked up cheap shares and will make 2 billion or more.

Markets are manipulated constantly as well, just for that reason. See what happens if the 9800 starts selling and when new OS6 phones come out and others flock away from android and Iphones.
    It doesn't take a genius to look at what the 9800 has to offer and see that it just doesn't stack-up to the competition - investors have been worried about RIM for a while now, with the report by Nielsen that 58% of existing BB owners are ready to jump ship, and then the release of the 9800 it is apparent that they are still worried.

And if you believe that Android and iPhone users are going to give up their more powerful devices for the 9800. If you are interested, I have a Bridge I need to get off my hands real cheap...
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 08-05-10 at 02:15 PM. Reason: to make blazed12 happy
    08-05-10 09:51 AM
    No they didn't.

I think you missed the general consensus. That is not going to happen. And even if it does, it is going to be small amounts of users. There is absolutely NOTHING from OS 6, or the BB Torch, or OS 6 running on any BB that will move a large chunk of Android and iPhone users to BB. I for one will not downgrade to the 9800 with OS 6.

This OS is to keep current BB users satisfied, which at least for RIMs sake, is not that hard to do.
    08-05-10 10:43 AM
    No they didn't.

Yea, that's really not going to happen. As has been pointed out, this will be to keep those that haven't left content. Easy task as it would seem....
    08-05-10 10:57 AM
    58% of existing BB owners are ready to jump ship
    can anyone confirm, is this a US based surevy, or worldwide?

and who the heck do they ask?

also the top 2 selling smartphones in the UK, which have been at the top 2 spaces since christmas (sales rated every week) are the 8520 and 9700, so its not a big worry for me
    08-05-10 11:00 AM
    The consumer does not read forums and reviews. John Doe will look at commercials on TV, play with devices in store, and ultimatly look also at the price tag.
    Most addicts, Droid, BB, or iPhone will stick with what they like and not jump ship too much. I am sure a lot of people will leave RIM for another platform, but I am also certain that a lot of people switching to smartphones will still go with RIM.
    The curve is still the #1 smartphone, because of the price tag to it.
    You and I won't buy it because we all know it's entry level, but they are still selling millions of them.
    08-05-10 11:02 AM
    can anyone confirm, is this a US based surevy, or worldwide?

and who the heck do they ask?

also the top 2 selling smartphones in the UK, which have been at the top 2 spaces since christmas (sales rated every week) are the 8520 and 9700, so its not a big worry for me
    This is North America.
    Rim is still #1 elsewhere, mostly in emerging markets.
    08-05-10 11:03 AM
    It doesn't take a genius to look at what the 9800 has to offer and see that it just doesn't stack-up to the competition - investors have been worried about RIM for a while now, with the report by Nelson that 58% of existing BB owners are ready to jump ship, and then the release of the 9800 it is apparent that they are still worried.

And if you believe that Android and iPhone users are going to give up their more powerful devices for the 9800. If you are interested, I have a Bridge I need to get off my hands real cheap...
    Wtf is a Nelson? Do you mean Nielsen? Wow lmao
    08-05-10 12:00 PM
    I think you missed the general consensus. That is not going to happen. And even if it does, it is going to be small amounts of users. There is absolutely NOTHING from OS 6, or the BB Torch, or OS 6 running on any BB that will move a large chunk of Android and iPhone users to BB. I for one will not downgrade to the 9800 with OS 6.

This OS is to keep current BB users satisfied, which at least for RIMs sake, is not that hard to do.
    I agree, I won't downgrade to the Dx either.
    08-05-10 12:24 PM
    lol. I knew that was coming. Whatever. Enjoy technology that is outdated before it is even released.
    08-05-10 12:27 PM
    So I guess RIM is dead and we should all turn off our BBs and toss them for something else. Makes no sense to use something that has no future.
    08-05-10 01:57 PM
    So I guess RIM is dead and we should all turn off our BBs and toss them for something else. Makes no sense to use something that has no future.
    Or something that is "outdated". Guess I better get rid of my 1993 Honda because it's outdated, nevermind the fact that it runs great. And the 2006 Honda should go too. So should my 22" LCD that's a year old, and the computer, and my shoes, and....

See a pattern?

Just because it's "outdated" or "old" doesn't mean it doesn't work WELL.

If I always bought the LATEST device or LATEST computer or LATEST car I'd be a pretty superficial person, and broke fairly quickly.

OH NO NEW LAPTOP NEED TO GO BUY BUY BUY IT IS LATEST
    08-05-10 05:10 PM
    My sig has both my computers listed. I plan to use them until they cease to work. Only then will I not get a new one, but a used one.

FYI, New isn't always better - Google Search

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 06:08 PM
    Ouch daggerssss.

I agree with what many are saying though, the Torch won't convert any Android or iPhone users, but the OS looks promising.

If RIM were smart, they'd roll out a huge advertising campaign that shows it in action in various commercials, not just in youtube videos.

BBM is already hugely popular with the younger crowd, showing off the Facebook and Twitter and other social feeds and how well and cleanly it integrates with the OS would be a big benefit. Not many folks realize that Android and iOS SUCK at doing this. No one realizes it because it's not something that you can really "see". I don't know why RIM doesn't make more of a concentrated effort to make non BB users notice their benefits over the competition.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 08-06-10 at 09:18 AM.
    08-06-10 09:15 AM
    Ouch daggerssss.

I agree with what many are saying though, the Torch won't convert any Android or iPhone users, but the OS looks promising.

If RIM were smart, they'd roll out a huge advertising campaign that shows it in action in various commercials, not just in youtube videos.

BBM is already hugely popular with the younger crowd, showing off the Facebook and Twitter and other social feeds and how well and cleanly it integrates with the OS would be a big benefit. Not many folks realize that Android and iOS SUCK at doing this. No one realizes it because it's not something that you can really "see". I don't know why RIM doesn't make more of a concentrated effort to make non BB users notice their benefits over the competition.
    Not a Facebook or Twitter user, but my son in-law switched from a Curve to a DROID... (think it was still on OS4) he liked the Facebook integration much better on the DROID... me I don't have a clue. But it does look like OS6 does this VERY well.

And I have seen many more RIM commercial of late, most are more about BBM than any of RIM's devices. Problem is that BBM only works with other BB's, which is fine in a corporate environment where everyone has one. In the "average consumer world"... with BB's only selling 28% of the market and falling, not sure how much of an incentive BBM is going to be.
    08-06-10 12:21 PM
    Not a Facebook or Twitter user, but my son in-law switched from a Curve to a DROID... (think it was still on OS4) he liked the Facebook integration much better on the DROID... me I don't have a clue. But it does look like OS6 does this VERY well.

And I have seen many more RIM commercial of late, most are more about BBM than any of RIM's devices. Problem is that BBM only works with other BB's, which is fine in a corporate environment where everyone has one. In the "average consumer world"... with BB's only selling 28% of the market and falling, not sure how much of an incentive BBM is going to be.
    Yeah I like the way the app looks better plus it's much faster, but I only use it to share photos I took on my phone. You can do that on Droid too, but I can't tag them. I'd have to upload them to Facebook using the native app, then go in via the mobile Facebook site, find that photo, and tag it from there. Such a pain.

Strangely enough, I got a lot of crap from my friends since about 75% of them all own BB's. They were annoyed that they had to resort to the old SMS way of communicating with me.
    08-06-10 12:25 PM
    Strangely enough, I got a lot of crap from my friends since about 75% of them all own BB's. They were annoyed that they had to resort to the old SMS way of communicating with me.
    Has no one ever heard of MSN or anything like that? It's available on almost every platform.
    08-06-10 01:04 PM
    Has no one ever heard of MSN or anything like that? It's available on almost every platform.
    It is as is Google Talk, but BBM has the added benefit to easily send photos to a large group of BBM'ers (you can also send messages to a large group of BBM'ers with incredible ease). It's why people like it so much. There is a reason why RIM is well liked for their communication abilities.

Besides on the 9550, I could type so fast that for some reason SMS would start lagging. BBM and emails never had that issue thank goodness.
    08-06-10 01:10 PM
    And Apple lost 25 billion in a week because someone posted a video of it losing reception...Stock prices always jump back and forth...the ones that sell are the people that are playing the market and dont want to wait for it to rise, you cut your losses
    08-06-10 01:14 PM
    Exactly. The BBM argument gets old lol.
    08-06-10 01:47 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD