Okay, I love socialscope, even with its bugs, but has OS6 kind of made it obsolete?

With social feeds being nearly identical (except for the fact THEY WORK), has it just killed one of my favorite apps?

Maybe it'll never come out of beta now
    08-04-10 05:23 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f217/ here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Dude! Is there a reason why you are posting the same anoying link all over the threads? This is a pain... Are you the forum police wannabee?
    08-04-10 08:28 PM
    Socialscope as off today doesn't work on OS6 It won't load on the 9780, 9670, or 9800

Hopefully they'll update it to work on it, because its my favorite app.
    08-05-10 01:34 AM
    I think their lack of public release after promising for over a year has already put them in the "obsolete" category.
    08-05-10 04:11 AM
    My concern is with 3rd party integration into the notification and social feeds area altogether. Sure they can make socialscope work but if it doesn't integrate into social feeds then I am inclined to use T4BB and the official facebook app instead.

08-05-10 04:48 AM
    I don't think it "killed" social scope. the Cliq, Dext, Blackflip and some other Motorola Phones have MotoBlur, which is native. And people still choose to use 3Rd Party programs due to UI designs....

it might put a damper on SS but not kill em.
    08-05-10 07:30 AM
    It's still a wonder to me why people still use SS. Twitter for Blackberry now has all the same functions and I find it to be less buggy.

SS is fine but people aren't going to not move onto OS6 because of it. There are lots of good twitter apps available so they will just find something else to use.

08-05-10 06:03 PM
    i love social scope but if the social feeds app provides me with all the support + that scope does, i won't be installing it
    08-05-10 06:35 PM
    Hah, that's funny. Maybe if they didn't try to be all exclusive with their never-ending betas or actually released their app, then there'd be more people attached to SS. Now OS6 will render it obsolete. Too bad.
    08-05-10 06:53 PM
    Hah, that's funny. Maybe if they didn't try to be all exclusive with their never-ending betas or actually released their app, then there'd be more people attached to SS. Now OS6 will render it obsolete. Too bad.
    I don't understand the allure some people have to SS. I've only seen people use it at school, but if it's been in private beta for so long why are they even still trying? I agree with you that they should have just released it.
    08-06-10 02:20 AM
    I use socialscope rather than the individual apps because it lets me update my twitter and facebook simultaneously. Having both networks in one app is extremely useful to me, but social feeds seems to do exactly the same.

I agree the fact it's been in closed beta for far too long is really annoying and frustrating (especially considering that my version is running flawlessly).
    08-06-10 04:06 AM
    BB OS6 also kills the need for QuickLaunch with their "Universal Search" feature.
    08-06-10 10:47 AM
    I think OS6 is going to hurt a number of developers existing utility applications. This will be good for us users, not so good for the developers.
    08-06-10 01:01 PM
    SocialScope is a great application. Yes some people have a problem with how/who it's being run by, but that doesn't make it a bad application. I use it for Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare and its honestly great. I hope it becomes available for OS6
    08-06-10 08:05 PM
    Dude!
    I just wanted to quote this slapping animation...I got a good chuckle out of it...
    08-06-10 08:16 PM
    I would delete Social Feeds for SocialScope. What a useless piece of redundant crap.

I hope they make it available for OS6 soon! I can't stand ubertwitter and T4BB anymore.
    10-02-10 01:19 PM
    I found Social Feeds to be cluttered and confusing compared to SS. I might actually delay moving to BB6 (it is not OS6, it's BB6) until SocialScope is ready for it. We'll see how they handle it. My loyalty to a product only lasts as long as it continues to be the best choice for me. If something tops it, I'll move on.

10-02-10 02:57 PM
    1 reason.. For Social Scope that no other client has.

TABS... A tab for each feed. Facebook, Foursquare, and Twitter. You can even set and save a Tab of Twitter lists so you don't have to constantly open the list every time you go into the twitter app... Same thing with twitter searches can be set as a tab and left until you close them...

Social Scope is hands down the best client...The BETA thing is their main issue on not having backing.
    10-04-10 12:19 PM
    I wish SS worked on 6.0, cause Social Feeds isn't nearly as good!
    10-04-10 12:47 PM
    Socialscope will still load and work on the Torch and OS 6.0. Its a little buggy but it does the trick for now. Copy and paste the link into your BalckBerry browser.

http://getsocialscope.com/generate/u...ocialScope.jad
    10-13-10 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD