Anyone brave enough to try DM 1.04? Any problems?
    08-04-10 03:11 PM
    Didn't know 1.04 was released. I just might give it a try
    08-04-10 10:29 PM
    Working just fine.
    08-04-10 10:52 PM
    Still can't sync contacts with photos.
    08-05-10 04:02 PM
    Sigh. I also tried again and come away frustrated. With my 9700 and Entourage, I tried to sync. It would not find the Entourage Calendar (and yes, I checked all the Sync Services boxes) and did not transfer my BB contacts to my Entourage address book. Guess I'm sticking with my PC and Outlook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 04:14 PM
    Working fine. Not a single hitch with install and sync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 06:07 PM
    ive got 1.03 and it says that there are no updates available for my phone
    08-05-10 11:25 PM
    Still can't sync contacts with photos.
    Mine sync perfectly.
    08-06-10 01:02 AM
    from blackberry to mac?

I want to overwrite all my mac stuff with my blackberry items?

Thanks in advance.
    08-06-10 10:44 AM
    1.04 still doesn't see my information from AddressBook.
    Still a pice of slag.
    08-06-10 07:36 PM
    from blackberry to mac?

I want to overwrite all my mac stuff with my blackberry items?

Thanks in advance.
    No it still doesn't have that function. If you want to overwrite the computer with the Blackberry data, you could always delete the computer's data before you sync. When the new version wanted to duplicate everything in Notes, I deleted all the notes on the computer and synced again. All the noted from the Blackberry transferred to the computer just fine.
    08-06-10 10:16 PM
    ive got 1.03 and it says that there are no updates available for my phone
    Just go to the blackberry website and download from there and it will just overwrite 1.0.4! I've been using it for a couple of days now and it works fine.
    08-09-10 09:18 AM
    @PMurray633 That's because the updates checks for upgrades to your phone, not your program (DM)

I just synced up yesterday with the software....no issues whatsoever. Wish they'd make it look prettier like DM6 for Windows though.
    08-09-10 10:15 AM
    seems to me you can't load hybrids with this.....
    08-09-10 09:23 PM
    If I try to upgrade it just says the "Software upgrade is not validated". May have to try and grab it off the main website.
    08-10-10 03:51 AM
    I just downloaded it and did a sync. It had nothing to do with bravery and everything to do with ignorance.... Contacts and calendar are fine, still couldn't add my apps, because it says it can't connect to my network. I'm brand new to this. Just got my phone Friday, so I'm still figuring the phone out, along with the desktop manager. I was only trying to add Agendus trial version, and some of the included games. I'll try again later.
    08-10-10 05:57 PM
    I had a full afternoon's worth of annoyance with the upgrade for 1.04.

On my T-Mobile Curve 8520, I got three messages at once from App World to upgrade things - including Pixelated, Ubertwitter, and Urbanspoon. But when I tried to begin the upgrade on my Curve it would say it was downloading, but then make no progress. I could pause, then cancel the downloads.

I should mention at this point my Curve is running OS 4.6.1.259.

So, I connect the Curve to my Mac to run Desktop Manager. I only sync my Notes (in Apple Mail) and music, which has been working like a charm ever since I got the (used) BB a month or two ago. That worked fine this time as usual.

Removing or disabling Applications has worked well too. Not this time. DM told me I needed to upgrade DM - I *think* related to the apps that had upgrades. Fine; I clicked to download it.

When Mac's Installer started installing DM 1.04, it got to one of the very last steps before writing package receipts - something like "verifying compatibility" or "connections" or such - and got hung up. Only a Force Quit would get it out of there.

I went around in circles with this thing three or four times, including restarting. I also tried installing OTHER things that used Installer. Installer then said, "Waiting for other installations to finish..." ...which meant that, of course, the DM Installer was still "tagged" or classified in the system as Busy.

I had no choice but to go to Time Machine and get a version of DM 1.03 from a few days ago, and then tell it to DON'T download an upgrade of itself.

So, now I'm waiting for 1.05. 8^p

One thing I noticed that was weird during the installation process was even though it said it was version 1.04, it said it was updated back in May. Instead of being brand new. What the ****?
    08-11-10 03:03 PM
    I don't seem to have a problem with addresses, though I haven't checked for photos in them.

I do have a problem with syncing the Calendar and Tasks. The manager says there aren't any calendars or tasks to sync, and I have to open iCal or Entourage and create them first.
    Worked fine with 1.0.3, but not with 1.0.4 anymore.

Going back in time to get 1.0.3 as well.

edit: just went back to the 1.0.3 app file, but still nothing to sync for calendars and tasks.
    only thing that changed is the update to 10.6.4. I do not sync that often...
    Last edited by Weust; 08-22-10 at 03:46 AM.
    08-22-10 03:41 AM
    i'm having problems with the address book..the others are syncing just fine with my Torch..
    i get the error KB 45*** something..
    i tried to erase the old DM from the user/library/applications/blackberry desktop manager and installed the updated DM.
    but still i can't get them to talk to each other.

so my band aid solution is to do a Restore from my Bold 9000.
    now i have all my contacts on my Torch..
    problem is if i start adding contacts.
    08-22-10 06:51 AM
    Just dl now…hoping that everything works ok.
    08-25-10 10:36 AM
    Syncs my calendar and contacts (with pictures) just fine. It is much faster then the pc version.
    08-27-10 10:09 PM
    i'm having problems with the address book..the others are syncing just fine with my Torch..
    i get the error KB 45*** something..
    i tried to erase the old DM from the user/library/applications/blackberry desktop manager and installed the updated DM.
    but still i can't get them to talk to each other.

so my band aid solution is to do a Restore from my Bold 9000.
    now i have all my contacts on my Torch..
    problem is if i start adding contacts.
    In case you haven't sen this yet. The update for BBM at this link fixes the address book sync problem on the Torch. I applied the update and am now having no problems syncing my Torch.

KB23925-Unable to synchronize the Apple Address Book from the Mac computer to the BlackBerry Torch smartphone
    08-28-10 09:52 AM
    In case you haven't sen this yet. The update for BBM at this link fixes the address book sync problem on the Torch. I applied the update and am now having no problems syncing my Torch.

KB23925-Unable to synchronize the Apple Address Book from the Mac computer to the BlackBerry Torch smartphone
    Wow! thanks!
    i really appreciate it!
    problem solved!
    08-30-10 03:02 PM
    Just updated to the latest 5.0.x build, even updated BM but still not able to sync anything Calendar related.
    Even on a different Mac it's not working anymore...grmbl.
    09-13-10 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD