Dear Crackberry Trolls.
    The phone is not a device made for games, That's too freaking bad okay?
    I'm tired of all these people who don't know what they are talking about.
    With a more powerful Processor and higher resolution display, we give up Battery life.

If you want a more powerful Processor go to the Android Central.

Or a High res Screen go to The iPhone Blog.

Have a nice day.

Love Deathcommand.
    08-04-10 09:09 AM
    Amen! I hear ya.
    08-04-10 09:12 AM
    do yourself a favor people get an iphone 4 and a blackberry 9800, you can get your fix either way! best of both worlds.
    08-04-10 09:15 AM
    People don't realize how good they have compared to historical stuff.....

Here's the best phone ever.........in 1991.
    08-04-10 09:22 AM
    I hate gaming phone but boy do we need a higher resolution to see small text during browsing as sharp as they could be. Please, don't make excuses as if everything is dependent of battery drain. Its 2010 not 2007. If RIM had kept pace with technology, they would've learn to work with energy saving processors.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 09:50 AM
    If RIM had kept pace with technology, they would've learn to work with energy saving processors.

Oh wow this is really going too far. Yeah, dam it! Why didn�t they think of attaching solar power to it. There has to be a way to take one of those propellers from a baseball hat and attach it to a wind turbine tucked into the phone....
    08-04-10 09:56 AM
    I hate gaming phone but boy do we need a higher resolution to see small text during browsing as sharp as they could be. Please, don't make excuses as if everything is dependent of battery drain. Its 2010 not 2007. If RIM had kept pace with technology, they would've learn to work with energy saving processors.

I have to agree with you. My iphone 4's batt is better than my 9700's and well, we know the kind of screen resolution this phones has.
    08-04-10 09:56 AM
    I have to agree with you. My iphone 4's batt is better than my 9700's and well, we know the kind of screen resolution this phones has.
    Have you seen the iPhone 4 tear downs?
    The battery is literally 80% of the phones insides.

The Slider can only store the Battery which you CAN remove in about a 3/4ths of it.
    08-04-10 10:05 AM

Oh and webkit resizes text automatically.
    so still win.
    08-04-10 10:11 AM
    so still win.
    LMAO. I can almost hear, "Nah-nah-nah-NAH-nah!"
    08-04-10 10:16 AM
    More excuses.

Looking at the MAJORITY of the smartphone crowd, we like to do more than look at emails all day, or suffer through whats looking like a still sub-par browser.

BGR hit it on the nose, this will not be swaying any iPhone or Android owners any time soon.
    08-04-10 10:17 AM
    Things are so much simpler than some individuals make it. Get your facts down on what you want from a phone starting from camera to games, resolution, battery-life and so on you know it best. Narrow it down to what are the most important features that suit your personal needs. Review the Torch and see if it has it. If not, stop ranting about it and go to another brand or model.

You'll tell me that everyone's entitled to their opinion yet keep it on the mellow side. If you can make a better product then do so. Such colossal companies aren't that stupid to have created the phone this way.
    08-04-10 10:27 AM
    Oh and webkit resizes text automatically.
    so still win.
    Resizing doesn't make it more sharper does it? I've never ask for text to be bigger, just wanted it to look sharp and crystal clear like it does on the 480x360 tour/bold/curve.

08-04-10 10:32 AM

You do realise you can adjust the font to your heart desire with all blackberrys. You were always able to adjust the phone to your needs not the other way around.

08-04-10 10:34 AM
    Exactly, but still miss my point. Its not about resizing, its about screen clarity.
    I can do that on my tour.

08-04-10 10:38 AM
    Dear Crackberry Trolls.
    With a more powerful Processor and higher resolution display, we give up Battery life.

Have a nice day.

Love Deathcommand.
    +1 my thoughts exactly
    08-04-10 10:40 AM
    I agree, you want to play games on your smart phone get an iPhone or Droid. I'm tired of the BB bashing crap!! The BB was not built as a dam toy people!! It's meant to get the job done period.
    08-04-10 10:42 AM
    To all you haters:

Here's a revolutionary concept - if you think the phone sucks so bad, DON'T BUY IT!

To each his own.
    Last edited by jome; 08-04-10 at 10:45 AM.
    08-04-10 10:43 AM
    The only positive part of people bashing the phone is that I can be guaranteed one next week/not worry about it being out of stock =D
    08-04-10 10:59 AM
    Nice, but I think the Love Deathcommand sends a mixed message.
    08-04-10 11:06 AM
    I agree...if you don't like it, don't buy it.

Having had four berries including the 9700, the 9800 is an upgrade, just that an upgrade...my expectations were an improved device over what I have now and not an iPhone or Android killer...

For those not satisfied with the 9800, it may be that your expectations were too high and not realistic given RIM's overly cautious innovation steps. I would personally like to see them push the envelope but have learned to deal with only the things that I can control.
    08-04-10 11:14 AM
    Dear Crackberry Trolls.

Have a nice day.

Love Deathcommand.
    +2......... Well said.
    08-04-10 12:10 PM
    I'm obviously in the minority, but I dig the 9800... yeah, I wish it had a high res screen, but that's not the end-all be-all... I rather like the looks of OS 6, and how efficient it seems to be with all the shortcuts and easy access menus/pull downs... option of either touch or physical keyboard...

And knowing that BBs by nature use less data, makes any data capped plan a non issue. People are blowing through their 2GB data plans on iPhone 4 like nothing... with a 9800, 2GB should be MORE than plenty, even for heavy usage.

I'm at the very least going to check one out in person once they hit the stores... Besides, it might actually be kinda nice if it's not open welcomed by the masses, since it means at least not every one and their grandmother will have one, like the iphone currently - kids, geezers, etc all have iphones now... rather waters down the ownership experience if you ask me. At least with my 9700, I don't see one on every street corner.
    08-04-10 01:55 PM
    I'm obviously in the minority, but I dig the 9800... yeah, I wish it had a high res screen, but that's not the end-all be-all... I rather like the looks of OS 6, and how efficient it seems to be with all the shortcuts and easy access menus/pull downs... option of either touch or physical keyboard...

And knowing that BBs by nature use less data, makes any data capped plan a non issue. People are blowing through their 2GB data plans on iPhone 4 like nothing... with a 9800, 2GB should be MORE than plenty, even for heavy usage.

I'm at the very least going to check one out in person once they hit the stores... Besides, it might actually be kinda nice if it's not open welcomed by the masses, since it means at least not every one and their grandmother will have one, like the iphone currently - kids, geezers, etc all have iphones now... rather waters down the ownership experience if you ask me. At least with my 9700, I don't see one on every street corner.
    At the risk of being seen as a supporter of RIM/9800, I have to agree with your point regarding data plans. As a heavy Bold 9000 user, my last 6-months of data usage on AT&T is below 120mb. Granted I find myself in wifi conditions a lot but I have read some of the horror stories on other forums regarding iphone & android users blowing through their restricted plans. VZW is going to tiered data plans like AT&T so unless you want T-mo you may find bigger bills for data.

I'm not a real fan of RIM's BIS/BES platform, especially the BIS side of things. iOS and Android OS give the capability to utilize ActiveSync. Having to use the enhanced gmail app to see all my emails is not a good way to integrate the account. But not having to be connected to mail servers (BIS does that) sure reduces data usage.
    08-04-10 02:14 PM
    To all you haters:

Here's a revolutionary concept - if you think the phone sucks so bad, DON'T BUY IT!

To each his own.
    Seconded.

And please stop hanging around here starting whiny thread after whiny thread about how bad RIM sucks, RIM=fail, Torch sucks, etc. etc. Android central would be more than happy to have you I'm sure.
    08-04-10 02:17 PM
89 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD