I am having problems installing Desktop Manager. Every time I try to install, after I select the language, Windows Installer shuts down and the install ends. I've tried re-downloading the program, and even using an older version, both with and without media manager, but it always does the same thing. I'm running Vista home premium. I've already tried running it as an administrator. Any ideas?
    08-03-10 09:33 PM
    I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium SP 2 on a Toshiba laptop w 3GB ram. I'm using Desktop Manager 5.0.1. What DM versions have you tried? Have you rebooted the PC?
    08-03-10 09:44 PM
    I've tried 5.0.1 and 5.0, both with and without media manager. And I have rebooted the computer.

I just tried 4.7 as well. No good. Whatever the installer is trying to access, it's killing the computer.
    Last edited by mascan42; 08-03-10 at 09:55 PM.
    08-03-10 09:48 PM
    I suspect you have a Windows problem that may have been caused by the first DM failure. I can't help with Windows, other than to suggest you run a registry cleaner program if you have one. Make sure you have a good backup of your PC before you start.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 09:56 PM
    I already tried running the registry cleaner, and reverting back to a previous restore point. No difference. Anybody else have any ideas?
    08-04-10 12:15 AM
    Problem solved. I had to run system file checker to repair Windows installer.
    08-05-10 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD