How hard is it to switch to the android OS from blackberry OS ?
    Also how hard will it be to snych my contacts on the new android phone ?
    I have suckmo aka T-Mo.
    Does anyone have suggestions on handset models too
    08-03-10 05:41 PM
    I switched from a bold 9700 to a Nexus One (IMO still the best all-around android device out). I use google contacts, so it was totally simple to sync them for me. I recommend that as it's available for most large phone platforms including BB and Android obviously. The os is totally customizable, but it will take time to find all the features. One thing I always tell people is to long-press on things because it regularly gives more options than you might think you have. Battery life is what switched me back to BB. That, and the speed of the 9700 can't be beat.
    08-03-10 05:55 PM
    I went from a Nexus One to a 9700 and I can tell you that the Nexus One battery sucks! The apps were great and at times makes the 9700 feel archaic. I was synced with my Google account and emailing was horrible. The 9700 had better email handling hands down. I had a hard time with the Nexus one due to the screen freezing, or the phone freezing during syncing. I stuck it out as long as I could....but then my 2 year old drowned it......and I don't really miss the phone...I love my 9700
    08-03-10 06:19 PM
    Switching from a Blackberry to an Android phone is not that hard at all. I can't wait until I can. I've played with my other half's MyTouch Slide. I really like it, but can't wait for T-Mobile to release a larger Android device w/full QWERTY.
    08-03-10 06:27 PM
    Its not rocket science lol. Anyone that knows anything about operating a phone should be able to pick up any phone and adapt with a little bit of time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 06:51 PM
    I have a Nexus One as a secondary phone

Without a physical keyboard I just can't get comfortable
    08-03-10 09:35 PM
    i think the hardest adjustment will be the lack of physical qwerty keyboards.
    aside from that you'll be fine.
    i guess 2 hours is enough
    08-03-10 09:40 PM
    Yep physical keyboard is better IMO, but some of these new ones in the Incredible and X are a lot easier for TS's compared to older Andriod touch screens...

X2 to what PI guy said...

08-03-10 09:47 PM
    Switching to Linux eh?

08-03-10 10:37 PM
    Does Android allow syncing calendar and contacts hard wired with a computer? If so what computer programs(s).

Best regards,
    Irv Plotkin
    office +1 617 530 5332
    cell. +1 857 928 1061

sent from my cell phone

08-04-10 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD