With the OS6 announcement leaving my S2 out of the compatibility list, I just might have to go iPhone when it comes out on VZW. The web browser is horrific on the S2, and I thought that I could just upgrade the OS to get the new browser, but it looks like that won't be possible. I was already starting to think about iPhone due to its huge library of apps and iTunes integration - but won't do it on the ATT network. Also, I don't like that certain apps work on certain phones and not on others in the BB lineup (this is also why there are far fewer apps for BB than iPhone).

So....BB Nation...your thoughts?
    08-03-10 01:21 PM
    With the OS6 announcement leaving my S2 out of the compatibility list, I just might have to go iPhone when it comes out on VZW. The web browser is horrific on the S2, and I thought that I could just upgrade the OS to get the new browser, but it looks like that won't be possible. I was already starting to think about iPhone due to its huge library of apps and iTunes integration - but won't do it on the ATT network. Also, I don't like that certain apps work on certain phones and not on others in the BB lineup (this is also why there are far fewer apps for BB than iPhone).

If you believe the rumors...the iPhone was supposed to be released on VZW years ago.

I wouldn't hold your breath. But hey if it does come true, when your eligible for an upgrade, hopefully VZW will have a healthy selection of smartphones (Android, WinMo, Apple, and RIM) to choose from.
    08-03-10 01:22 PM
    lol..ok you will be waiting for 1.5 year yet i think then
    08-03-10 01:30 PM
    why dont you just opera mini
    08-03-10 01:30 PM
    My Tour won't get OS 6 either. It's a bummer but that's tech for ya. i'm going to wait until Storm 3 or 4 drops and upgrade. VZW doesn't seem to be getting the iPhone. Droid isn't global on VZW. So my solution is to use Bolt and uZard browsers in the meantime, then upgrade to Storm in 8 or so months.

My parents just got an iPhone. i am envious of the browser, but other than that i prefer BlackBerry. The iPhone data signal isn't very steady or fast compared with my VZW 9630/5.0.0.732. They have a lot of apps, but a lot of those are just fun pointless apps like the mood setter and lighter apps. BlackBerry has apps that i find useful. i'm not a business user either. i use my BlackBerry in place of a PC...and GPS, MP3 player, radio, etc. BlackBerry just moves from app to app so much better than iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 01:33 PM
    I'm going to stick it out awhile with my S2 and see if there really is a future Storm in the works. Also want to wait and see how OS6 does on the new devices. For some reason RIM is running them with what appears to be the minimum specs for the OS??????
    08-03-10 01:41 PM
    I'm not really all that impressed with OS6. Other than the webkit, and a fancier "ZEN" theme, not much to it. And I don't really surf the web much from my phone.
    08-03-10 01:46 PM
    well this is the info i came looking for....sad to hear.

andriod? iphone? maybe!
    08-03-10 02:00 PM
    What angers me is that RIM is probably not going to update anymore the OS for my Storm 2, although there are still many bugs to be solved.

I regret I didn't pick an Android
    08-03-10 07:09 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/s2...s-know-508612/

I haven't seen anyone talk about this yet. *sarcasm*
    08-03-10 07:15 PM
    My S2 is nothing short. Just need a better faster loading browser will make it perfect!
    08-03-10 07:36 PM
    What angers me is that RIM is probably not going to update anymore the OS for my Storm 2, although there are still many bugs to be solved.

I regret I didn't pick an Android
    What makes you say that? Look how long they upgraded the Storm 1, so what would make you think there would be no more upgrades for the Storm2? So see, you have nothing to be angry about!
    08-03-10 08:07 PM

OS6 is not that big of a deal that you should be so willing to throw your S2 under the bus. If you WANT an iPhone, you don't need the excuse of not having OS6--just buy the dang thing, already!
    08-03-10 08:26 PM
    OS6 is not that big of a deal that you should be so willing to throw your S2 under the bus. If you WANT an iPhone, you don't need the excuse of not having OS6--just buy the dang thing, already!
    Very true quote for a lot of people. It's like they were fine with their phone until 11 am
    08-03-10 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD