After a long love affair with the BB S1 and S2 I have ordered 2 new Droid X's for me and my wife. I feel almost like I am cheating.... I am excited to switch but will hang on to the S2 a little bit till we get past the puppy love phase with the X....

I hope I made the right decision. Will need you guys to let me know everything is going to be alright. lol
    08-03-10 12:26 PM
    You have made a wise decision. You will see nothing but happiness from here on
    08-03-10 12:39 PM
    You have made a wise decision. You will see nothing but happiness from here on
    I certainly hope so. Where are some good message boards to go and pick up tips and such? I already just logged into Android central. that seems pretty cool.
    08-03-10 12:47 PM
    Having the X makes life better. No pun intended.
    08-03-10 12:49 PM
    I certainly hope so. Where are some good message boards to go and pick up tips and such? I already just logged into Android central. that seems pretty cool.
    I use android central and androidforums.com (it list all the android forums on the bottom and then have sub-forums for it
    08-03-10 12:51 PM
    I thought you said the wife would think the X was too big?

The last I heard, you were considering ordering one Incredible and one X and take it from there...

Edit: OK, I see from your other post what happened.

Called back and placed my order...... 2 brand new Droid X's for me and the wife...... I know I said Incredible but for some reason the word X came out when he asked me what I wanted..... Can't wait!
    Only bad thing about this scenario is that if your wife says she doesn't like the X (it's too big, yada yada) and wants you to swap for an Incredible. Once you swap the X for another phone, you are stuck with it. She can't change her mind and say, "you know what? I want the X back." However, you know your wife better, if there is that possibility of that scenario playing out, then do a return not an exchange on the X within the 30 days. Your wife will have to go back to the Storm for at least 3 days to avoid paying a restocking fee. Then get the Incredible. That way, she can still swap the Incredible back to the X if she decides the X was better.
    Last edited by xliderider; 08-03-10 at 01:26 PM.
    08-03-10 01:18 PM
    I thought you said the wife would think the X was too big?

The last I heard, you were considering ordering one Incredible and one X and take it from there...
    Well talking with the wife over the phone at lunch she said that she wasn't worried about the size. So I went from considering the Incredible's to just getting both X's.

Needless to say as soon as I got off the phone I called Verizon and made the order..... After doing further research on the X it just blows me away with all the things you can do with it and for the same price as the Incredible I couldn't say no....

Not to mention Verizon charges a $35 re-stocking fee if a phone is returned so I figured I would start at the top with this one...
    08-03-10 01:25 PM
    See my edit in above post. There is a way around the restocking fee.
    08-03-10 01:28 PM
    See my edit in above post. There is a way around the restocking fee.
    Ahhhh yes! Thank you for the insight. Didn't know you could do that! Will definitely keep that in mind.

She is coming from a S1 so I think the X will probably make her crap her pants when she sees the difference, lol..... She doesn't think a phone can get better than what we have right now. I told her to just wait and see...
    08-03-10 01:33 PM
    from what I hear the storms are horrid. Maybe this was only the S1's, but Im sure you will be delighted. Just realize like any new phone it will have its glitches.
    You will be prob tinkering with this phone more, but the customization of Android is rediculous. You will be hooked once you are comfy with it.

Androidcentral is an awesome forum too.
    08-03-10 01:36 PM
    My wife likes big size too . Seriously, I'd get the X if I were getting a phone today too. Those web pages will be just a little bigger and the typing letters a tiny bit easier to hit. The Storm was not a good issue, neither one. It was barely acceptable. You'll get the picture soon.
    08-03-10 01:36 PM
    My wife likes big size too . Seriously, I'd get the X if I were getting a phone today too. Those web pages will be just a little bigger and the typing letters a tiny bit easier to hit.
    Well she likes Kindle and Pandora as well as a fast browser so she should be all squared away....

What type of cases do you guys like for the X? I have a Epik case right now for my S2 and love it. I noticed that they have them on Egay for the X but is there something better? What about screen protectors??
    08-03-10 01:39 PM
    Droid phones are so much better than the storm series. My storm 2 was the worst smartphone that I ever owned. I would've taken my old 8800 over it. I'm glad to have jumped ship earlier this year. Having real emails instead of truncated emails is awesome!
    08-03-10 01:45 PM
    Droid phones are so much better than the storm series. My storm 2 was the worst smartphone that I ever owned. I would've taken my old 8800 over it. I'm glad to have jumped ship earlier this year. Having real emails instead of truncated emails is awesome!
    I know they don't have push email but about how long does it take for you to receive them from let's say... Hotmail??? Anyone know or have an idea? Email isn't life or death but I don't want to wait a whole day to receive an email from the morning if I don't have too...
    08-03-10 01:48 PM
    I know they don't have push email but about how long does it take for you to receive them from let's say... Hotmail??? Anyone know or have an idea? Email isn't life or death but I don't want to wait a whole day to receive an email from the morning if I don't have too...
    Actually hotmail just updated to exchange activsync so you could set your hotmail up on the exchange account and you would then have push
    08-03-10 02:05 PM
    Try Droid Forums.net too.
    08-03-10 02:08 PM
    08-03-10 02:52 PM
    Well talking with the wife over the phone at lunch she said that she wasn't worried about the size. So I went from considering the Incredible's to just getting both X's.

Needless to say as soon as I got off the phone I called Verizon and made the order..... After doing further research on the X it just blows me away with all the things you can do with it and for the same price as the Incredible I couldn't say no....

Not to mention Verizon charges a $35 re-stocking fee if a phone is returned so I figured I would start at the top with this one...
    If it's any comfort, my wife loves the size of the Evo's screen and she's about to dump her Tour in favor of the Evo. She was unsure about full touchscreen so I should her the Epic 4g pics and she didn't like it at all. Didn't like the slider or the smaller screen in relation to Evo. The more she plays with my Evo, the more she likes it.
    08-03-10 03:58 PM
    congrats if u need any tips or help at all bro hit me up in the PM
    08-03-10 09:13 PM
    congrats if u need any tips or help at all bro hit me up in the PM
    Will probably be doing that quite often kid, lol..... It will feel like being born all over again with this device when it arrives....
    08-04-10 06:40 AM
    Mines arrived yesterday after coming from an S1 and S2, wouldn't change a thing and glad I switched.
    08-04-10 06:56 AM
    Mines arrived yesterday after coming from an S1 and S2, wouldn't change a thing and glad I switched.
    Yeah they told me yesterday that they wouldn't ship till the 19th but there was a chance that they may possibly come sooner. I can only hope. I know at most I have probably 2 more weeks with this S2. It wasn't a bad device but I feel that RIM has just not been able to keep up with the times and it is time for me to move on.

One thing I am looking forward to is NO MORE BATTERY PULLS! I can't stress how excited I am about that alone! Come on shipping confirmation!!!!!!
    08-04-10 07:01 AM
    Yeah they told me yesterday that they wouldn't ship till the 19th but there was a chance that they may possibly come sooner. I can only hope. I know at most I have probably 2 more weeks with this S2. It wasn't a bad device but I feel that RIM has just not been able to keep up with the times and it is time for me to move on.

One thing I am looking forward to is NO MORE BATTERY PULLS! I can't stress how excited I am about that alone! Come on shipping confirmation!!!!!!
    Yeah, they told me mine would ship the 18th and then I got the email with the tracking and showed it out for delivery yesterday, trust me you'll not be disappointed. I agree about the S2, I loved my S2, but am tired of it not being up to par with what's available out there, sure it did everything I needed it to do, but when the competition is 2-3 times better, why would I wait AGAIN to see if RIM would put something out that's comparable to the competition. This whole slider thing is a joke, I mean c'mon even the specs are from 2 years ago. I KNOW I spent my upgrade wisely and not looking back, although curious to see what the S3 will be.
    08-04-10 02:27 PM
    Yeah, they told me mine would ship the 18th and then I got the email with the tracking and showed it out for delivery yesterday, trust me you'll not be disappointed. I agree about the S2, I loved my S2, but am tired of it not being up to par with what's available out there, sure it did everything I needed it to do, but when the competition is 2-3 times better, why would I wait AGAIN to see if RIM would put something out that's comparable to the competition. This whole slider thing is a joke, I mean c'mon even the specs are from 2 years ago. I KNOW I spent my upgrade wisely and not looking back, although curious to see what the S3 will be.
    I am to curious about the S3. But at the rate RIM is moving it probably won't be that breath taking of a device and will probably still lag behind the other competitors. I don't see them doing anything that will just blow everyone away but I do see improvement.....
    08-04-10 02:41 PM
    I am to curious about the S3. But at the rate RIM is moving it probably won't be that breath taking of a device and will probably still lag behind the other competitors. I don't see them doing anything that will just blow everyone away but I do see improvement.....
    Yeah, improvements that are about 3yrs to late, lol
    08-04-10 03:45 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD