I am upgrading in january, and I know that as soon as I get the HTC Evo, something new and better will be coming out. My question is, when is that new smoking hot device coming out? Will it be this year or mid-way through next year? Anyone know anything?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 10:39 AM
    I am upgrading in january, and I know that as soon as I get the HTC Evo, something new and better will be coming out. My question is, when is that new smoking hot device coming out? Will it be this year or mid-way through next year? Anyone know anything?

well we got the Sammy EPIC 4g coming, basically an EVO 4g with a physical keyboard, and give or take a few features. we have the rugged moto I1 on android. and i here we may see 2 moto devices 1 being a winmo device and a LG android phone coming by years end to 1 qtr 2011. good things coming to Sprint, they have been slacking with phone past few years but we got some nice high end android in the line up. there have been some rumors of the slider blackberry coming to Sprint but just rumors, i dont know anymore how solid that rumor is, also possibly the clamshell blackberry. Sprint phone line up is looking good but IMO they need to improve on there blackberry line up.
    08-03-10 11:18 AM
    Thanks for the input, I can't wait to upgrade. This bb 8530 is fine but I feel like I am way behind the curve with this device. Other than that my 8530 has done fine.

08-03-10 12:17 PM
    There will always be something better on the horizon, that's just how it is. The Evo will probably be $49 in January since it will be "old".
    08-04-10 09:33 PM
    Yeah and they will have to beg for more omled screens. Lol

08-04-10 10:19 PM
    There will always be something better on the horizon, that's just how it is. The Evo will probably be $49 in January since it will be "old".
    Its interesting how you bring that up.
    Is it just me, or do smartphones seem to have a VERY short lifetime?
    The 9650 on VZW is not 99.99.
    That's rediculous.

08-04-10 10:51 PM
    The 9650 will probably be $50 BOGOF by Dec. I'd be willing to check out the Evo for that price at that time.

08-05-10 07:33 AM
    I know there is always something better on the horizon, I am just wondering what's next? And when. Should I hold out for something that may be dropping in mid 2011? Or should I buy the evo 4g as soon as I can up? I have a curve 2 that I am enjoying right now and I don't want the 9650. I don't think it can match the evo 4g right now. I was gonna get the evo 4g and if I don like it, I will sell it, and use my 8530 until BB comes out with something better than the bold. When are getting a touchscreen BB? Decisions decisions.

08-05-10 07:44 AM
    Spark u have awhile so I'm guessing something nice will be out by then

08-05-10 09:06 AM
    I know there is always something better on the horizon, I am just wondering what's next? And when. Should I hold out for something that may be dropping in mid 2011? Or should I buy the evo 4g as soon as I can up? I have a curve 2 that I am enjoying right now and I don't want the 9650. I don't think it can match the evo 4g right now. I was gonna get the evo 4g and if I don like it, I will sell it, and use my 8530 until BB comes out with something better than the bold. When are getting a touchscreen BB? Decisions decisions.

If you're a Sprint Premier customer, you can get your upgrades once a year instead of NE2 - so if you were to upgrade now, whatever hits in 2Q11 is available as an upgrade.

I hear we're supposed to be getting a new Berry in 4Q10, but right now its all hearsay.

And just as a question - why are you against the Bold? Just curious.
    08-05-10 09:50 AM
    Thanks for the input, I can't wait to upgrade. This bb 8530 is fine but I feel like I am way behind the curve with this device. Other than that my 8530 has done fine.

I agree completely. I have the 8530 and it's just not enough for me but I don't think the 9650 would be enough either, even though they are getting os 6. My upgrade is in November. My husband has the i1 and would be perfect for me because I like the size if they had a phone just like it on the Sprint network without DC.
    08-05-10 10:33 AM
    Thanks for all the info. I am a sprint premier customer. I just got the 8530 in january cause it was the best BB they had at the time. The tour didn't have wifi or the trackpad so it was an easy decision. I am not against the bold, as a matter of fact, if I could get it right now I would instead of the evo 4g. the thing that bothers me is, if I get the bold in january I am gonna feel left behind all of 2011. With the evo 4g I won't feel as left behind. The bold is great and all but really the only difference is the screen resolution and more memory. And the 3g. I am probably over anyalyzing it. But that is where the fun is at right?

08-05-10 11:08 AM
    Thanks for all the info. I am a sprint premier customer. I just got the 8530 in january cause it was the best BB they had at the time. The tour didn't have wifi or the trackpad so it was an easy decision. I am not against the bold, as a matter of fact, if I could get it right now I would instead of the evo 4g. the thing that bothers me is, if I get the bold in january I am gonna feel left behind all of 2011. With the evo 4g I won't feel as left behind. The bold is great and all but really the only difference is the screen resolution and more memory. And the 3g. I am probably over anyalyzing it. But that is where the fun is at right?

The Bold also has a camera flash, 3.2mp autofocus camera (curve's got 2.0mp), faster processor, EVDO rev A (instead of EVDO rev 0 - so faster 3G) and will get OS6. But personal preference is personal preference - I agree the Curve is a better fit for some people and some folks may not find it a big enough upgrade to go Bold. I came from an 8330m so going Bold is like night and day.

Well, like I said - I hear rumor of something hitting 4Q10 that may be more of what you're looking for. We'll definitely have to see what comes ahead.
    08-05-10 11:21 AM
    I tried a HTC hero when my upgrade came up. It has some really nice features, but... The thing that killed it for me was nothing worked without downloading some third-party app. Also, an app thay can turn my phone (a tool) into a light saber... Who cares.

Sent it back got my 9650. Everything works perfect right out of the box - just like a BB.

It will be a long time before I leave BB again, and things like android will really have to mature.

Now, if Sprint would get a touchscreen, not slider BB - I would be totally set!

Posted from my CrackBerry at - wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

08-05-10 11:33 AM
    I am not saying I prefer the 8530 to the 9650, that would be silly of me, I just can't justify spending 199.99 for the bold when I can get the evo 4g for the same. The evo is 4g has a better camera on it and a huge display. I was waiting and waiting for the bold to come out, now it finally did and I am not so psyched about it anymore. I was checking out the torch, and wow that is a sweet device. Maybe the new OS6 will be worth looking checking out. The nrowser on BB has never been to impressive, that's probably why I want to jump ship. I guess I better go play with the bold and make sure I don't count it out yet. Damn its hot here in the ATX.

08-05-10 02:16 PM
    I too have an upgrade in Jan-ish. I am watching all my friends get iPhone4, and Captivate and HD2 and Evo. I am ultra-jealous. But I am resisting in the fact that I will wait till Jan, then get something with a 1.5ghz processor, and Android 3.0/BB6.5/whatever is awesome.

It's tough for my Hero to compete with the Vibrants and Droid Xs of my friends. But in 6 months they can suck it. That's how I see it.
    08-05-10 04:25 PM
    I'm in the same boat as many of you guys. I'm a Premiere custmer, have an upgrade available now, and want the EVO, but I saw that it only has 1gb of memory (512mg or storage). While it looks like a incredibly sweeet phone, I am stuck on this 1gb of memory. In addition, I don't want to take the plunge, and Sprint come out w/a newer EVO that has a larger memory base. Everything else on teh phone seems like it can be upgradable via updates.
    08-06-10 10:08 AM
    My beloved Curve has been dying a painful death for the past couple months so I need to upgrade to the Bold.
    But, being a single mom, it's going to hurt to pay $200 for the new Bold to only have it go on 'sale' the next week.....
    Does anyone know if I should go ahead and bite the bullet and pay the $200 or wait a little while in hopes the price drops ??
    08-06-10 01:14 PM
    My beloved Curve has been dying a painful death for the past couple months so I need to upgrade to the Bold.
    But, being a single mom, it's going to hurt to pay $200 for the new Bold to only have it go on 'sale' the next week.....
    Does anyone know if I should go ahead and bite the bullet and pay the $200 or wait a little while in hopes the price drops ??
    Keep an eye out. I just looked, and right now it's $200 at Sprint, but $179.99 at Wirefly and Dell Mobility. I know Best Buy will pricematch to Dell (at least they did in December because I did it). That would save you $20 at least.

Now, I don't know if you can bring a receipt and price match yourself post purchase. Maybe someone has experience with that.
    08-06-10 02:14 PM
    As of Tuesday Aug 3, Best Buy had Bold 9650 on Sprint for $149.
    08-06-10 03:34 PM
    We (sprint users) are getting the shaft. The torch looks really awesome.

08-06-10 06:08 PM
    Android phones.. Same thing.. Android .. Epic... Same thing! lol.. Epic has flat wack keys... zzzzzzzzz

i want something like the Torch for Sprint. ASAP!

Alright Sprint.. lets get on that please! thank you!
    08-06-10 11:25 PM
    8530 is fine but I feel like I am way behind the curve with this device.

Does anyone else think that statement is funny? Or am I the only one that found the irony in it?
    08-08-10 08:49 AM
    Android phones.. Same thing.. Android .. Epic... Same thing! lol.. Epic has flat wack keys... zzzzzzzzz

im sorry its the other way around bb's are the same bb's with minor upgrades and os6 looks like android and iphone os.. I don't believe we are getting shafted im looking forward to the Epic.
    08-08-10 02:16 PM

Why would anyone want this device?

BlackBerry Torch 9800 hands on � Boy Genius Report
    08-08-10 03:48 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD