My data transfer arrows are constantly flashing have been for nearly a month now, have pulled battery whilst switched on, Nothing. Have turned off GPS, still doing it, have turned off Data services, it stops then but cant send recieve sms mms, Im running no apps at all and dont send or receive emails. I live in a semi rural area and arrow thing calms down but when I go into town for work where there is full service it goes crazy and battery only lasts 3hrs if that Thanks in advance
    08-02-10 10:43 PM
    whats your OS? might want to upgrade it..
    08-02-10 10:46 PM
    Showing my Ignorance here not sure which OS, and how/where to upgrade it
    08-02-10 11:07 PM
    options > about will give you your OS version.

as for upgrading, just find the sticky thread at the top of the 9000 forum that has the newest OS, which i think it .822.
    08-02-10 11:23 PM
    Thanks got it believe it is 4.6 (Platform 4.0) ?? I really am a techno ding dong
    08-02-10 11:28 PM
    Really? Is it a good idea to download upgrades from here? Not sure what you get are you?
    08-03-10 12:09 AM
    Really? Is it a good idea to download upgrades from here? Not sure what you get are you?
    1000's of us have been downloading them for awhile with no issues. they are usually linked straight from the blackberry website. and the ones that are from 3rd party hosting sites are perfectly fine.
    08-03-10 01:19 AM
    Oh great, thank you, did end up speaking to Provider and apparently this is a known issue in my Country at the moment and BB and Provider are trying to fix it. Now to see if my techno ding dong brain can work through this sticky thread thing you told me about lol
    08-03-10 01:24 AM
    all you need to do is download the OS and install it onto your computer. then follow the directions below.

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    08-03-10 01:37 AM
    Thank you for your help will be trying this later when all other housewifely duties have been attended to. Thanks again
    08-03-10 03:25 AM
    no problems, hopefully it all works out.
    08-03-10 03:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD