Well, I just checked the Verizon website because my brother wants an Android. I tell him to wait for the Fascinate because I think it is the perfect size, but he doesn't listen. Anyhow, the X is now slated for an 8/19 ship-date and the Incredible an 8/6 ship-date. I can't believe they are still having so many stock problems. One would think they would've been more prepared with the Droid X line, no?

Anyway, just thought those looking at Android sets may find this information useful.

Linky
    08-02-10 05:58 PM
    They are extremely popular devices. They didn't have this problem with the Droid, but that was also the first Android device Verizon got. HTC can't get a hold on enough AMOLED screens for the Incredible, and I don't know why the X is out of stock for so long. Maybe another manufacturing issue (not faulty hardware, but not enough hardware).
    08-02-10 06:23 PM
    I was going to get an Incredible but I don't like waiting for devices to be shipped so I shall get a 9650, which I'm sure they have in-stock.
    08-02-10 06:27 PM
    They are extremely popular devices. They didn't have this problem with the Droid, but that was also the first Android device Verizon got. HTC can't get a hold on enough AMOLED screens for the Incredible, and I don't know why the X is out of stock for so long. Maybe another manufacturing issue (not faulty hardware, but not enough hardware).
    I get what you're saying and all but you would think they would've learned from the whole Incredible ordeal.

I was going to get an Incredible but I don't like waiting for devices to be shipped so I shall get a 9650, which I'm sure they have in-stock.
    Lol, burn...
    08-02-10 06:32 PM
    I get what you're saying and all but you would think they would've learned from the whole Incredible ordeal.
    It's two different companies though. They haven't even released a statement as to why the X is backordered.
    08-02-10 06:54 PM
    i think Motorola just has to catch up with the production trust me that phone is on high demand because of people not wanting there incredible that they have to wait a month for o_0. didn't verizon/motorola stated before the phone released that they wouldn't have enough for demand??
    08-02-10 08:10 PM
    Well, I just checked the Verizon website because my brother wants an Android. I tell him to wait for the Fascinate because I think it is the perfect size, but he doesn't listen. Anyhow, the X is now slated for an 8/19 ship-date and the Incredible an 8/6 ship-date. I can't believe they are still having so many stock problems. One would think they would've been more prepared with the Droid X line, no?

Anyway, just thought those looking at Android sets may find this information useful.

Linky
    New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Everyone needs to take a look at the discussion posted above.

Vz is Under promising and over delivering.

Put your order in, they are shipping way before that date posted by the picture.
    08-02-10 08:34 PM
    I ordered my X at the store on July 26 with a ship by date of 8/3 and I recieved mine today.
    08-02-10 09:39 PM
    New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Put your order in, they are shipping way before that date posted by the picture.
    Very true. I ordered mine last thursday, they told me it would ship out the 3rd and that I would get it on the 6th. I'm getting it tomorrow
    08-02-10 09:52 PM
    It's two different companies though. They haven't even released a statement as to why the X is backordered.
    Well the X has probably sold a lot more than the Incredible due to the Incredibles AMOLED shortages. It wouldnt surprise me if HTC decides to swap screens since Samsung cant keep up with demand.

I got the chance to see an X in person, the girl who had it said she went by the verizon store 6 times that day, before one of the CS Reps called her as soon as their shipment truck was coming in later on and she snaked it by like 3 minutes.
    08-02-10 10:28 PM
    The AMOLED shortage was caused by Samsung telling HTC that their own phones would be first priority and not the HTC devices. That is why they are so hard to find.
    08-02-10 11:50 PM
    Waiting for Fascinate or Storm3(Refresh...whatever), or LTE.
    08-03-10 10:33 AM
    Yes I know, but, one of the things that make a good company great, is seeing your competitions' mistakes and learning from them. At least, that's what I would do. I would like to see a statement though. I'm sure they have a valid reason.

i think Motorola just has to catch up with the production trust me that phone is on high demand because of people not wanting there incredible that they have to wait a month for o_0. didn't verizon/motorola stated before the phone released that they wouldn't have enough for demand??
    Actually, I could have sworn that Motorola/Verizon stated before the release that they would be more prepared for the launch of this phone than Verizon was for the Incredible. And I know, it is in high demand, my cousin was the last person able to get one in my city on launch day. Lucky him!

Interesting, I'm wondering if it is Verizon's tactic to just show a later than true ship-date in order to not have to amend it as many times as they did the Incredible.

Waiting for Fascinate or Storm3(Refresh...whatever), or LTE.
    I'm waiting for the Fascinate myself, the Droid X is simply too big for my taste and I'm ready to give an Android phone a full 30 day chance at winning me over.
    08-03-10 02:57 PM
    Actually, I could have sworn that Motorola/Verizon stated before the release that they would be more prepared for the launch of this phone than Verizon was for the Incredible. And I know, it is in high demand, my cousin was the last person able to get one in my city on launch day. Lucky him!

they fooled me lol at least i got one on release date and yea if u want samsung i would go and try one of the galaxy s in the store. not that i matters to you but samsung isnt really a company that keeps there word
    08-03-10 09:41 PM
    My droid x was supposed to deliver by 8/11 but it got pushed up to 8/6. Friday can't come soon enough!
    08-04-10 01:42 PM
    they fooled me lol at least i got one on release date and yea if u want samsung i would go and try one of the galaxy s in the store. not that i matters to you but samsung isnt really a company that keeps there word
    I have played with a Captivate already and it seems to be everything I want in terms of form and hardware. I know Samsung has a crap history of supporting their phones but both the Vibrant and Captivate have been rooted and whatnot so I figure the Fascinate will get the same treatment with custom froyo roms soon after.

My droid x was supposed to deliver by 8/11 but it got pushed up to 8/6. Friday can't come soon enough!
    Nice, I'm sure if you can handle the size you will love it. I literally liked everything about that device except for the size.
    08-04-10 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD