An interesting take on RIM's future..

News Headlines
    08-02-10 08:46 AM
    I really loved Jon Fortt's reply!!
    Is this an iPhone killer?
    ummm NO Michelle! It might be an iphone Mamier
    Not a bad debate at all, worth a watch, though they needed to get an Android user and a iPhone user into the group, clearly all of them know blackberry, do they know the other platforms from a user standpoint or from a reviewer standpoint, they are very different standpoints.
    08-02-10 09:03 AM
    Lol they totally ripped on the Storm.
    08-02-10 09:08 AM
    Most at CNBC don't like RIM, but many of their reporters use blackberrys. Jim Cramer is a RIM hater..... Apple or bust for him.
    08-02-10 10:12 AM
    can't trust anything reported by a liberal news outlet
    08-02-10 10:33 AM
    Harsh comment at the end of it - guess I won't be able to take my Storm into airports anymore. Too bad - I've been an S1 user from the beginning and it hasn't hurt me yet.
    08-02-10 10:39 AM
    Politics has nothing to do with which smartphone is preferred by a company or individual. Steve Jobs contributes to liberal political campaigns, but Rush Limbaugh uses an iPhone.
    08-02-10 10:42 AM
    It still annoys me that none of them point out ANY of RIM's strong points.

No other phone/platform on the market can touch BlackBerries.
    08-02-10 11:00 AM

They hinted at the strong points of BES from a corporate standpoint when they discussed all of one's personal data being available to the company.
    08-02-10 11:03 AM

Now THAT'S a definite candidate for the of the day. Aren't you thinking of MSNBC, son? And even if you can lump CNBC and MSNBC together by reason of corporate ownership, how could anyone possibly call the home of Larry Kudlow -- LARRY KUDLOW -- a "liberal news outlet"?
    08-02-10 11:05 AM
    Now THAT'S a definite candidate for the of the day. Aren't you thinking of MSNBC, son? And even if you can lump CNBC and MSNBC together by reason of corporate ownership, how could anyone possibly call the home of Larry Kudlow -- LARRY KUDLOW -- a "liberal news outlet"?
    He enjoys the spoon fed mindlessness that only Fox News can bring (I'm sure MSNBC does that too, but no one actually watches MSNBC). He's been spoon fed into believing that if it's not on Fox News, then it's part of the evil liberal media, so stick with Fox News, they wouldn't dare challenge you're skewed world view there.

But I digress. I couldn't watch the CNBC video since I'm at work. Can someone summarize what they talked about?
    08-02-10 11:23 AM
    Most at CNBC don't like RIM, but many of their reporters use blackberrys. Jim Cramer is a RIM hater..... Apple or bust for him.
    I bet they all have BB's strapped to their belts though
    08-02-10 12:13 PM
    Well it's what their employers provide them with. I remember a few months ago
    when Maria Bartiromo went on a rant about how CNBC management wouldn't
    let them use an iPhone.
    08-02-10 12:15 PM

Yes they did. One of them mention encryption and security.
    08-02-10 12:18 PM
    I bet they all have BB's strapped to their belts though
    Because as they said, their company provides (AND mandates) the BB and forces them to use it. This is not uncommon for some companies where utter control is needed and the user is essentially on a leash like a dog.

They only touched on the obvious. Apple/Google havent made a giant push towards enterprise, its consumers who want to use their iOS/Android device AS work phones with some even rejecting to use a BB just to use said devices. This is the worst thing for RIM to be honest, users who are taking their consumer device and using it for enterprise. Apple and Google are slowly adding enterprise features that ITs want/need for secure deployment.

The real battleground is on the consumer front, because its where most of RIMs customers are now, not on BES. On the consumer end RIM has no answer, they are just getting crushed right now in the US from the iPhone/Android blitz thats happening.
    08-02-10 01:19 PM
    Politics has nothing to do with which smartphone is preferred by a company or individual. Steve Jobs contributes to liberal political campaigns, but Rush Limbaugh uses an iPhone.
    Now I REALLY hate the iPhone!
    08-02-10 01:22 PM
    I can't see the article

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 03:01 PM
    On the consumer end RIM has no answer, they are just getting crushed right now in the US from the iPhone/Android blitz thats happening.
    Not just the US, I think iPhone's market share of smartphones in France is north of 50%.
    08-02-10 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD