I have downloaded a song to my computer. I also have an email with the song. How do I get it on my verizon cell phone? I have tried sending an email to my phone by using my phone [email protected] but it did not work. Any advice?
    Mo
    07-11-08 09:04 AM
    Transfer it by USB or Bluetooth ?

The only wauy you can download a song file to your Blackberry using your e-mail is if you are using BB OS 4.5...

....but I am seeing in your profile that you are NOT using a BB... so I guess it would be by USB or Bluetooth.
    07-11-08 09:07 AM
    I have "downloaded" many ringtones and pictures to my Pearl (8130) by simply sending the email to my phone. I can then open it up on my BB and save it; it even lets you rename it first before you save it. I have never tried it from Verizon's pix site, however. Did you setup your email account at [email protected]? I usually send them to that email address so they only go to my phone, but my main email from Comcast.net works also. I am not sure what you are doing wrong? Have you tried to email any of the free ringtones or wallpapers from CrackBerry's site? They work the same way. Oh...I just saw you are not using a BB. I have emailed many ringtones to my son's LG Chocolate...he just opens them up and saves them as a ringtone.
    07-11-08 09:14 AM
    Look at the profile guys. He doesn't have a BB so those methods aren't available to him.

Perhaps you could help us out by telling us what type of phone you have. I can see by your profile that you are not a blackberry user. Primarily we deal with blackberry issues here but since all of us came from using a typical "dumbphone" at some point, chances are that someone will be able to help.

The main problem with Verizon is that they tend to lock down the majority of the transfer methods available for media on their phones. Bluetooth is usually a no-go. Usb Transfer is possible but usually only via specialized software such as Motorola Phone Tools or Bitpim. In cases like the LG EnV (vx9900) you can send the ringtone to your pone via MMS but it is kind of spotty when sending to the "[email protected]" address. But on many older handsets, even though you can download them once you receive them, you can't set them as a ringtone. Frustrating, I know.

I see that you typed "vzwpic.com". If that is a typo then no big deal. But if that is actually the address you sent your ringtone to then you will not receive it. "VZWPIX.COM" is the proper extension to send it to. Get back with us and let us help you out.
    07-11-08 09:26 AM
    ^^^ what he said.... my gf has a Verizon non-smart phone and bluetooth will only let you transfer a contact card, no media like a ringtone.
    07-11-08 10:01 AM
    I used to have a RAZR with Verizon and the way I ended up sending myself the ringtones was with the same "[email protected]" email, but I also had to rename the .mp3 extension to .mid
    Even though my phone could play mp3's, Verizon for whatever reason wouldn't let me download them unless they were midi files.

They also can't be bigger than a certain size (no bigger than 300 kb if memory serves correctly) so you might have to lower the bitrate if you're sending yourself mp3's.
    07-11-08 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD