Hello everyone,

I've been experiencing this problem for a couple of days when trying to send an SMS. Also, if the phone doesn't give me the "Mobile Equipment Status Failed" error, it may take three or four attempts to send the text. The phone will give me the red clock then retry. Data seems to work, but when trying to make a call, it seems to take me two or three tries to get a connection on occasion. I've done battery pulls and *228 updates. That's all I can think of to do. Is this a phone problem or a network problem?

Phone: 8530
    Carrier: Verizon

Thanks in advance,
    Kyle
    08-01-10 06:46 PM
    Well, after quickly using Google to uncover answers, I have found that people have seen it as a hardware problem.
    I am sure someone with more insight to this issue will pop in but my 2Cents is just to go into a VZW store and get a refurbished one.
    08-01-10 06:49 PM
    I'm somewhat getting a mixed review on the situation. I was hoping I could get a better answer from the folks here. At this point, it looks like I'm off to my local VZW store tomorrow.
    08-01-10 07:09 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my tour. It is usually only when I try to send a status update to my facebook and twitter via text. Let me know if you find out more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-10 07:48 PM
    Apparently this is a network issue in my area that VZW is currently trying to resolve.

08-02-10 03:29 PM
    I go through spurts with this problem. Right now I am getting it constantly all week and its piss1n me off like you wouldn't believe!!!

Other than now...I'll get it maybe once or twice a month...but this week I'm getting it constantly. And I have all 5 bars with a WiFi signal as well.

VzW
    BB 9550
    09-02-10 11:58 AM
    I've been getting the red clock once every few days and the Failure notice about once a month. It's not really at a point that it bothers me though. So, I just keep my mouth shut and smile like momma taught me.

Btw: It's a Sprint 8530 running .654

09-02-10 02:47 PM
    i also have problem with the tour. contacted telus, no help. they claim its because of poor reception which in my area is a "known weak area" and are not willing to do anything to fix the problem or change my phone
    09-26-10 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD