When I take a pic with my 9650 camera, the pic does not immediately go to my memory card. I have to do a soft reset or a battery pull before the pix will show up on my card with all my other pics.

Is anyone else having this problem? I have already had TWO bolds and both of them did the same thing. I have looked at different settings i could change, but had no luck.

Any help is appreciated.!!!
    08-01-10 07:48 AM
    i was having this issues a few weeks ago. The only way the pictures taken would show up was after a battery pull OR if i already had at least one picture already showing on the media card. i have no idea why. i'm sorry to say i don't know the solution. The issue just went away for me and i'm not sure what i did, if anything.

You can try re formatting your memory card. Just make sure you have all your media saved on your computer because re formatting the memory card will delete everything on the card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-10 08:11 AM
    My wife has a Bold 9650 and she complained to me that this has happened several times. She takes a picture with the camera, but when she goes to view pics, or view through media folder, they don't show up. She can find them by navigating manually through the "Files" application, but that's pretty cumbersome and not how it should work. After a battery pull, then the pictures show up when clicking Pictures in the "Media" folder.

A search led me to this thread, but it's a bummer there's not much info. Has anybody else experienced this, any ideas what could be the cause?
    09-03-10 02:02 PM
    I have the exact same issue are we all running 5.0.0.699? I'm tempted to try a different OS, but this one has been good to me. Plus the next OS I want on my Bold is 6.0!!!

EDIT: Never mind, I see you guys are Verizon, so why would you even have .699?
    Last edited by SplinterCell; 09-03-10 at 06:56 PM.
    09-03-10 06:53 PM
    Just be happy your 9650 doesn't reboot when you try to take a picture....
    09-03-10 08:56 PM
    I also have this problem. ANNOYING!! But in the big picture it could be a lot worse. Strangely, I took a few pictures yesterday which showed up on the media card immediately but today I saved some wallpapers from the wallpaper forum and had to do a battery pull for them to show up.
    I'm hoping that its an OS glitch and will be resolved with the next upgrade. Once this little problem is fixed I will be 100% happy with my Bold - right now I'm 95% happy with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-10 04:15 AM
    You could also try deleting the bbthumb.dat file(s) in the photo folder (or other folders). There is one for each folder which contains media, like photos, mp3's or video. It is an index and maybe it got messed up. It or they will be rebuilt after scanning the sd card. Also, are you folks using the sd card that came with the BB or a larger or 3rd party card?
    09-04-10 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD