I have downloaded the new app. I can not do any typing when app is opened to type user name or password. I have rebooted and have all permissions set to allow.
    07-31-10 03:02 PM
    disable compatibility mode
    07-31-10 03:44 PM
    Thanks, that did it.
    07-31-10 03:56 PM
    Where can I get a copy of it?
    07-31-10 08:59 PM
    Where can I get a copy of it?
    If you go to m.google.com/voice on your phone, you should get the option to download it. I say should, because all I can get is the web login, but that may have something to do with being on AT&T.
    07-31-10 10:18 PM
    Nope. Set your Browser identification to Firefox then go to m.google.com/voice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-10 11:07 PM
    Not to split hairs, but it's actually version 0.2

Thanks for the headsup, dloading now.
    07-31-10 11:14 PM
    Hair splitter!

08-01-10 08:22 AM
    Yes will not download with Blackberry browser, I changed to internet explorer.
    08-01-10 10:20 AM
    what does this app do?
    08-01-10 09:51 PM
    what does this app do?
    Google Voice for your phone
    08-01-10 10:52 PM
    Does Google voice use minutes? I can't find a definitive answer to this question anywhere. I want my wife to use her S2 (vzw) and call her sisters iphone (AT&T) without using peak minutes. Thx for any input.

08-01-10 11:15 PM
    I dont get it, why would you want a google voice number when you have your "own" number from whatever carrier your with. I thought "google voice" was an app that lets you speak/talk and it automatically reads on on your phone via text etc... for example instead of texting with your fingers, you send text & emails by voice? am i late or is there an app for BB like this already? vilingo?
    08-01-10 11:26 PM
    If you want to download Google Voice from your S2 without having to set your browser identification to IE, you can get it from the link below:

StormOTA - Google Voice
    08-02-10 11:46 AM
    I dont get it, why would you want a google voice number when you have your "own" number from whatever carrier your with.
    It's got quite a few uses. First of all, it gives you FREE Visual Voicemail and FREE SMS capabilities. It gives you a number that has lots of routing options. Based on the number calling your GVoice number, you can have it routed to ring your home, office and/or cell number. You can select different greetings depending on who's calling. You can switch phones or start using a work-issued phone and people can still call your GVoice number without having to inform everyone of the change. You can record calls simply by pressing the 4 key during a call. It will email you a transcription of your voicemails. International long distance is available to some countries for 2 cents a min. You can create call widgets to put on a webpage and people can call you with one click.

Lots of reasons why this can be useful and I see people coming up with new ways to use it all the time...
    08-02-10 02:01 PM
    Lots of reasons why this can be useful and I see people coming up with new ways to use it all the time...
    You can also route specified callers directly to voicemail... or even have them get a message that says your phone has been disconnected. That came in really handy a few weeks ago when I kept getting auto-dialed calls from a fax machine.

It transcribes voicemails, too, and sends them via email. The computer text to speech is far from perfect... and sometimes even comically bad... but it's usually good enough that you can decide whether you need to return the call immediately or if it can wait until later.

Here's a link to their YouTube channel with video that explains the different functions.

YouTube - GoogleVoice's Channel
    08-02-10 09:09 PM
    The google voice app is a POS!
    08-03-10 12:39 PM
    The google voice app is a POS!

Yep, but there's not a lot of other options to use with GVoice...

I wish they would at least incorporate the 2 spaces=period thing.
    08-03-10 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD