Im not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not but I have to do a reset 2-3 times a day to keep my application memory up. Even when I do that it only goes to about 18-20mb. I dont have many apps installed on my storm. Please help.
    07-29-10 11:19 PM
    I have a similar problem. I have a Bold 9000 and 128mb of application memory, but only 21mb free. I don't have that many apps installed and I have uninstalled quite a few as I was getting alerts sometimes. I think application memory even dropped to 0mb sometimes if I remember right.

I do not have to do a reset like dadofthree2010 does but it is still frustrating to have so little free memory when I do not have many apps installed.
    07-30-10 07:53 AM
    I've tried every leak and official OS out there. You will always deal with this. I'm going with the Droid X and getting away from BB. I can deal without push email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 07:58 AM
    Im not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not but I have to do a reset 2-3 times a day to keep my application memory up. Even when I do that it only goes to about 18-20mb. I dont have many apps installed on my storm. Please help.
    Which Os do you have installed? Have you tried removing any extra languages? Have you removed any of the apps you don't use?

I ran OS 5.0.0.419 on my VZW Storm, and had 30-35MB free. I did do a reboot every other day, but I would do it when I was busy with something else.

Unfortunately, with storm, there's not much you can do. Storm2 has more memory than Storm, but finding a stable OS is tricky.
    07-30-10 08:05 AM
    The Telus .419 directly from RIM's support page is a GREAT OS for the 9530! Highly recommended if you need more memory and it has battery life and radio improvements also. I don't see how you can go wrong with it.

I'd try that first. The next thing is to consider getting rid of any weather apps you might have as they appear to drain memory very quickly. Another option is to try one of the memory managers. deProc is the best I've tried. I would have bought it, but I'm moving to a DroidX, so didn't want to spend the money.

You might also want to try the free version of QuickPull. I have it restart mine every night and it helps.

Scott
    08-01-10 05:39 PM
    Ok, I am downloading .419 now and will try it. I have 40 meg free now but I want to see what .419 does for me. If nothing, I can always go back to .328. I will use Swiss Army program for this.
    My question is if I back up my third party apps with Swiss Army, will it store all my passwords or what ever they are called when you purchase an app? Or I use Short Cut Me, will the back up save all my links to web pages? I hate having to reinstall all that data.
    09-02-10 06:47 AM
    I'm running lyrics .841 hybrid with everything removed except BBM, BBMaps, App World, & Facebook. I have BerryBuzz, CB launcher, Google Sync, Mobile Banking, Pandora, Poynt, QuickPull, ScoreMobile, UberTwitter & YouTube apps. My memory is 31-33 all day. QuickPull set to reboot at 3am every morning. No lockups or lag. Its as stable as any phone out. The first 4 days the memory was 20-25 but since then its been fine. Give the OS a week to settle in and when you install a new app give another couple of days to settle. You should see improvements that way.

09-02-10 09:14 AM
    Vcast SongID is (in case you all hadn't figured it out) a memory black hole. My storm lasted about two days with it installed before it bogged down hard, and when the memory "kill screen" came up sure enough songid was taking up almost 30 MB! I ditched it and things have been great ever since, no reboots for a week and still running fast.
    09-02-10 01:43 PM
    Ok, I have .419 installed and I went from 40.2 MB free to 48.8, but I have about a meg tied up in browser stuff that I could delete, but ...

The BBSAK back up does not store your "registration codes" and if you use Short Cut Me, all your browser links are history. So I have everything working and as I feel like it I will get my browser links back into SCM. I even made sure I could make a phone call. Ha, I do not use this S1 for a phone, but what the heck.

Oh, if you are wondering how I get so much memory, I download the operating system, then paste a copy of Shrink an OS into the Java folder of the operating system, run it then run BBSAK. In Shrink an OS I check everything, do not want any of that stuff.

My apps: crunchSMS, Meter Berry, ShortcutMe, Speedtest, Tether, Weather Bug Elite and Facebook.

But as I type this, I noticed that Meter Berry is reporting that I now have 44.7 MB and it is fluxing. So, I might go back to .328 if I can not figure out what is going on. I only have Phone, Msgs, Home, and Web running in background. I'll do a battery pull and see what it says. .... 48.8, hum!

Oh, I do not have any ring tones, it goes ding, ding , ding by default. Ha!

I just made a small video and the volume keys no longer make the camera zoom in or out, but the volume of the video is still to low to hear.

Played one of my music selections, volume is still LOUD and can be adjusted with the Vol keys.

Overall so far, Cool! for 419
    09-02-10 01:53 PM
    Hey folks. I never have more than 11 Meg free. I have ver.328. Quuckpull tells me when I have less than 2 megs left. I have Textender, a Mahjong game, a hangman game, Slacker, log maid and memory booster. No weather apps. Help! Thanks.

09-05-10 12:14 PM
    Do a forum search for "increase BlackBerry's file free memory". You will find a thread explaining how to delete various features of the OS that are unnecessary.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-05-10 12:18 PM
    I went back to .328 From .419 yesterday because, IMO, the browser is much faster in .328. With .419 there was a lot of time wasted "requesting", while .328 Just starts "loading" and gets the page up quickly.

Of course now I am back to loosing memory like crazy. The phone went from 44 MB last night to 36 overnight. The kicker is, a battery pull does not get it back.

I give up. No matter what comes out in OCT/NOV it has to be better than this.

09-06-10 06:40 AM
    Do a forum search for "increase BlackBerry's file free memory". You will find a thread explaining how to delete various features of the OS that are unnecessary.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

09-06-10 04:30 PM
    Hey, that did help. So I installed a theme...Dark Silver. Had to Quickpull 3 times in 5 hours. Now I search for a theme that won't allow memory draining. Any suggestions?

09-06-10 04:33 PM
    i have a storm 1 and i love this phone,until recently,im having to reboot with quick pull about every 2-3 hours,and i have no apps running in the background,and mostly text on it,when i do reboot it back up i only have 12-13 megs of application space and it is gone very quickly,i can set it down and do nothing for 10 minutes and check it again and its down to 5 megs,i have a theme on it but it has been on the phone for about a year,so i dont think it is that,any ideas will be appreciated,im running 4.7 os,not brave enough yet to upgrade
    09-09-10 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD