I have a yellow icon that looks like an SMS message icon with the number 1 to the left. The icon is positioned below the time and date. I can not figure out how to remove it. I have checked my messages without any success.
    07-29-10 04:06 PM
    That is an email/sms notification. have you looked to see if you have an email account hidden or in the application folder. You can click the BB button and hit show all. Or battery pull to see if it goes away. are you using a theme?
    07-29-10 04:35 PM
    i think it has something to do with your browser, i forget what it means though
    07-29-10 04:52 PM
    No luck! When I touch the SMS And MMS button on the home screen it says there is one message. Unfortunately I have deleted all SMS and MMS messages. Very interesting and annoying!
    07-30-10 04:08 PM
    Its a browser message, meaning you saved a request for a webpage at a time when data service was unavailable. You BB will alert you when the page becomes available. Check your messages for it or open your broswer and it should go away.
    07-30-10 04:30 PM
    I should have read gregs87 explanation a little slower. From the desktop I clicked the BB button and hit show all. The "Applications Center" icon had a red asterik indicating a message. It turned out to be a new version of MySpace. I donwloaded the new version of MySpace, promptly deleted it, then re-booted my BB. The icon was gone! Thanks to everyone for taking time to help me out!
    07-30-10 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD