Ok guys and girls, I have a question. What is it that makes BBM so great that people say that is the reason they love BB, have come back to BB from other devices, it has its own commercials, etc??? Yes, I use BBM for the friends I have with BB's, but at the end of the day, I don't really see why it is any better than just regular SMS. I mean, most of the people I text don't have BBM anyway. AND - BBM only works when you aren't on the phone, etc. It has to wait until you get off the phone before it will go through, just like an email. SMS will work at the same time. So please, enlighten me. What am I missing here because I feel like there has to be something to it that I am not taking advantage of!

Thanks!
    07-29-10 07:09 AM
    Hmmm whats so great about bbm, only everything. Its like an exclusive club. Only the cool people with bb can use it. I use it to keep in touch with friends and family. That have berries, most of them do, partly thanks to me. But i love it, for me its not the sole reason to have the berry, the phone does so much more, if bbm was never invented i would still have the device.
    07-29-10 08:10 AM
    I don't really know, maybe it's the little D and R that makes it so addictive. The emoticons? I don't think you're necessarily missing anything, I just think it's the convenience it offers. Broadcast messages, groups, stuff like that.

Also, you can BBM while on a phone call, if you have a GSM device and a 3G connection, which allows for you to use data while talking on the phone.

I find myself unhappy if I have to txt someone who has BBM, drives me nuts!
    Last edited by elvin1983; 07-29-10 at 08:13 AM.
    07-29-10 08:11 AM
    No text limit and it's faster than SMS in my opinion. I also like how I can send pics and files to a contact. I think it makes SMS look ancient...
    07-29-10 08:15 AM
    No text limit and it's faster than SMS in my opinion. I also like how I can send pics and files to a contact. I think it makes SMS look ancient...

+1 Very well said. It works and works well.
    07-29-10 08:26 AM
    No text limit I don't need to cluter my adress book with ppl ill never call. Its great for work cause I know if the person is gonna respond right away or if I have to move on to bugging some1 else. And yes u can bbm while on a call if u have 3G or wifi. Its just offers some things that sms just can't compete with like groups

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-10 08:41 AM
    i just use google talk or messenger. Everyone i know either is on those or sms. The first thing i do after a reload is delete bbm... i think it sucks. Also a huge drain on the battery and a resource hog. I have no use for it.
    07-29-10 10:47 AM
    Because when the earthquake hit in Haiti and all the phone lines were screwed up people w/blackberry's could still communicate with loved ones with BBm.

anon(1852343) likes this.
    07-29-10 11:24 PM
    Cool people with bb? C'mon dude lay down the kool aid.

I was one of the idiots that bought a PB because of the hype and expectations that it would continue to be improved. However, I was sadly mistaken. I will personally never buy a BB device again. Unfortunately I am stuck with a POS curve from work that I have to charge twice a day and constantly gets SOS signals.

It is amazing how this site has turned the switch to OS 10 and left the PB to die a slow miserable death. When I say this site, I mean the site owner etc. Looking at the front page, it appears that the PB does not exist. However, they still have space to pimp out cases etc for the PB but really nothing of substance. I guess BB corporate told them to focus on BB10. Very aggravating.
    05-21-13 10:35 AM
    Because when the earthquake hit in Haiti and all the phone lines were screwed up people w/blackberry's could still communicate with loved ones with BBm.

Which means they still had a data connection so in theory they could communicate with any messaging app
    10-24-13 01:14 AM
    Privacy, security and bbid goes with me what ever device I have on any phone number I have. I can block any stalkers or annoying parts.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    10-24-13 01:22 AM
    Hmm. You should only need to wait to get off the phone if your carrier does not support simultaneous voice and data. Like say Verizon 3G CDMA or something like that. I am on Verizon LTE and voice and data work at the same time.

Various reasons to use BBM. No 140 char. Limit. D and R statuses. PIN sharing instead of phone #. Data handled by a reputable company that treats security as job 1.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-24-13 03:16 AM
    Yes Blackberry phones can get it that's why its called BBM (Blackberry Messenger) But so can android phones such as the Samsung galaxy young and later Samsung's and some earlier models. So can I phones and The Hawaii Phone there are many phones capable of downloading this free app (unless you get it on blackberry). This app allows you to text for free, video chat (on updated version), send files, voice notes and images just like a normal sms message but its free and more popular so more of the people you know may have it and if not just simply ask them to download it from Google play store, app store (for apple products) or just simply buy it from the Blackberry store (shops vary depending on your network e.g. Talk Talk, Orange, T.Mobile, EE and many others)
    02-24-14 01:03 AM
    i just use google talk or messenger. Everyone i know either is on those or sms. The first thing i do after a reload is delete bbm... i think it sucks. Also a huge drain on the battery and a resource hog. I have no use for it.
    How exactly do you delete BBM
    02-24-14 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD