Has anyone heard anything about when telus will be getting the bold?
    07-10-08 05:56 PM
    The last I heard, which BTW was a couple months ago, yes Telus will be carrying the Bold. When? I could not say.
    07-10-08 06:59 PM
    Has anyone heard anything about when telus will be getting the bold?
    All that I know is that a CDMA bold is in development.. RIM does have working CDMA prototypes.
    07-11-08 12:36 PM
    I called Telus and was told that they should be getting it in August but that it may be delayed. Second person I called said they weren't supposed to talk about it.
    07-29-08 07:16 PM
    No way Telus gets it by August, unless it's '09 lol
    07-29-08 11:26 PM
    If history is any indicator, I'd say 6 months to a year after the GSM versions hit the stores.
    07-29-08 11:37 PM
    I agree with bbguy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 12:29 AM
    My Telus rep actually told me that they will definitely be getting it, it's just a matter of when. Seriously think about it though, is this a surprise? Since when has Bell or Telus NOT gotten the newest BB model?
    07-30-08 01:07 PM
    If history is any indicator, I'd say 6 months to a year after the GSM versions hit the stores.
    Negative.

It'll be before Hallowe'en
    07-30-08 05:25 PM
    There will be no CDMA version in the US before 2009. I doubt any other carriers will get it before the US carriers.
    07-30-08 09:46 PM
    We have a better chance of getting the Thunder before the Bold.
    07-30-08 09:50 PM
    I've heard February/March it'll be out on Telus.
    07-30-08 10:56 PM
    telus is getting the javelin right? since its gonna be CDMA
    07-30-08 11:00 PM
    As far as I know, none of the new phones, aside from the Thunder, have been confirmed for CDMA. But if I was a betting man, based upon the current models, I'd guess that there will be a CDMA version of the Bold, Javelin and Kickstart at some point.
    07-30-08 11:46 PM
    telus is getting the javelin right? since its gonna be CDMA
    As it stands the Javelin is a GSM device and thus would not be suitable for Telus. I wouldn't doubt that that there are plans for a CDMA release, even still it's a little early for that kinda speculation. If Telus cx's want to dream big, then hope that the exclusivity agreement between RIM/Voda/VZW falls through [low sales?] opening the door for other cdma carriers, like Telus to get the Thunder....Now that, would be nice...

As far as I know, none of the new phones, aside from the Thunder, have been confirmed for CDMA. But if I was a betting man, based upon the current models, I'd guess that there will be a CDMA version of the Bold, Javelin and Kickstart at some point.
    To Canadians, I have heard confirmations of a CDMA Bold in the works, so it's not a question of "if", but when...If we look at passed instances, Telus didn't release Curves until like April of this year....That should provide some indication as to a possible time line...I wouldn't expect anything for at LEAST 6 months...For American carriers, I would think that due to the accelerated production plans, the CDMA Thunder is your best bet for the next newest CDMA BB down there...
    Last edited by mnokia; 07-31-08 at 08:47 AM.
    07-31-08 08:38 AM
    While it might take awhile for a CDMA Bold to come around, both Bell and Telus have been considering the jump to GSM. If they had the Bold ready to rock as soon as the switch was flipped, that would be one helluva launch.
    07-31-08 09:00 AM
    While it might take awhile for a CDMA Bold to come around, both Bell and Telus have been considering the jump to GSM. If they had the Bold ready to rock as soon as the switch was flipped, that would be one helluva launch.
    I read in an article somewhere that Telus/Bell making the switch to GSM could take as much as 18 months to be fully complete [many mention 2010]....I would certainly expect a new CDMA device from either of them LOOONG before that...
    Telus, Bell to switch cellphone technology: report

I talked with a friend that works at Telus and he said that the Bold would be out in late august early september, the thunder will not be released before the Bold.
    Yes, the Thunder will likely be out first [before a cdma bold on telus]. My point is that that it is was wishful thinking to expect a CDMA Bold as early as sept, on Telus. First of all the GSM hasn't been released and I'll bet that there will still be some GSM carriers who have yet to receive it by September. Also history has shown us that Telus gets BB's often no sooner then 6-9months after the GSM counterpart was released. The curve was released approx April 2008 after being available on gsm for almost a year...

If I were a Telus customer [well a month to month, I'm pay&talk], I'd pray that the exclusivity falls through and Thunder comes to telus and even hen isn't Vodafone GSM, which could also mean Thunders on US gsm carriers...talk about wishful thinking...
    Last edited by mnokia; 08-01-08 at 12:35 AM.
    07-31-08 10:23 AM
    I talked with a friend that works at Telus and he said that the Bold would be out in late august early september, the thunder will not be released before the Bold.
    07-31-08 10:23 AM
    bell will have it plenty before '09 guranteed, I've seen one working on Bell. And I know that plans are there for a late august early sept launch, again, probably delayed as much as 60 days, but still sooner than later.
    07-31-08 10:29 AM
    as far as Bell and Telus switching to GSM, what are they doing now if they are? Bell just spent millions expanding the CDMA and 1XEV Rev. A all over Ontario and Canada, why bother if we're switching to gsm next year? Bell may have alot of money, but they didn't get it by throwing it out the window.
    07-31-08 10:30 AM
    as far as Bell and Telus switching to GSM, what are they doing now if they are? Bell just spent millions expanding the CDMA and 1XEV Rev. A all over Ontario and Canada, why bother if we're switching to gsm next year? Bell may have alot of money, but they didn't get it by throwing it out the window.

Bell/Telus cannot afford NOT to make the switch...
    "If Telus (and BCE) comes through with this decision, one could conclude that they had little choice if they want to secure their future..." ----Couldn't have been said better....

here's the article that I prev. mentioned...
    Telus, Bell to switch cellphone technology: report
    Last edited by mnokia; 07-31-08 at 10:39 AM.
    07-31-08 10:36 AM
    I remember doing some light research and coming across some WCMDA articles. With regards to Bell switching to GSM it is highly unlikely, with Bell going privately owned I see them heavily investing more in the upcoming WCDMA tecnology. As for Telus... that I don't know.

As for Telus getting the Bold, I was told by some Bell reps, and people close to RIM reps that there is CDMA versions floating around of the Bold. I also remember reading that the Bold is the first BB that Rim has designed where the gap between versions (gsm and cdma) are not that far apart... we'll have to see..
    Last edited by Runell A; 08-01-08 at 12:32 AM.
    07-31-08 09:27 PM
    I can see Telus and Bell eventually going LTE like Verizon for their 4G network.
    07-31-08 09:33 PM
    And LTE is a EVDO/GSM hybrid, correct?
    07-31-08 09:46 PM
    From what I have been hearing, Telus will be getting new Blackberry's towards the end of August and into the beginning of September. As for which new Blackberry's Telus might be getting is anyones guess.
    08-02-08 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD