I've just transfered all the data from my damaged 8350i to the refurbished 8350i they sent me. I have also switched the SIM card - and most everything worked fine. EXCEPT NO PICTURES, VOICENOTES, VIDEO, etc. on the new phone.

Now however it says 'Insert Media Card'. I DID have a media card in the original phone, I thnk (at least the BBDesktop Manager detected one). But where/what/how sihould I handle this?

Thanks in advance ...
    07-28-10 10:17 AM
    If you had the media card formatted on your old device and had media saved on it, you should just be able to take it out of the old device and put it in the new one.
    07-28-10 10:21 AM
    LAK - I must have one in the original phone which I have here. I just don't know what it looks like or where it is.

It's not the SIM card, correct?
    07-28-10 12:36 PM
    Here're the instructions from your User Guide. That should help you find it. You are correct, it is NOT your SIM card.
    Insert a media card
    Use a microSD media card to extend the memory available on your BlackBerry� device for storing media files such as songs, ring tones, videos, or pictures. The media card might be sold separately from your device.
    1. Press the release button for the battery cover.
    2. Slide off the battery cover.
    3. If the battery is inserted, remove the battery.
    4. Slide the media card holder door toward its hinges to unlock it.
    5. Open the media card holder door.
    6. Place the media card into the slots in the media card holder door so that the metal contacts on the media card align with the metal contacts on your device when the media card holder door is closed.
    7. Close the media card holder door.
    8. Slide the media card holder door away from its hinges to lock it.
    9. Insert the battery so that the metal contacts on the battery align with the metal contacts on your device.
    10. Slide the battery cover back onto the device so that it clicks into place.
    07-28-10 12:51 PM
    LAK - I must have one in the original phone which I have here. I just don't know what it looks like or where it is.

It's not the SIM card, correct?
    No, it is not the SIM card, but it is also located under the battery. Lecture 6: How to Install a Media Card into your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    07-28-10 12:58 PM
    A media card is where you store data, a sim card is your cellphone company chip so you can talk and text.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-10 01:09 PM
    Thanks everyone, especially LAK & Jeff -- worked great ...
    07-28-10 05:37 PM
    Hey -- what is bricking or bolstering or I don't know something to make the Curve faster, smarter - something?
    07-28-10 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD