I know there are a lot of newbies on this board that would appreciate some of your wisdom. Help a brother out!
    07-28-10 08:34 AM
    1st tip GET A BB DATA PLAN lol

2nd An AT&T branded 9700 will not work on T-mobiles 3G network and vice versa....
    07-28-10 09:31 AM
    2nd tip: use the search function, it could become your best friend... Newbs ask this ? all the time and theres tons of good advice.
    07-28-10 09:33 AM
    Newbs like this thread also..what they still play hockey?? Thanks for your support.
    07-28-10 09:52 AM
    Quicklaunch is an awesome app for shorcuts.

Buy a charging dock
    07-28-10 10:34 AM
    1st Tip, get a case/skin for your phone. I currently use the OtterBox Commuter seried and I'm loving it.

2nd Tip, an app that I'd suggest is PodTrapper. Also worth mentioning is Google Sync, you never know when you're gonna need it. Lost my phone a couple months ago and when I received the new one, I simply installed it and got my contacts back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-10 11:02 AM
    2 most useful apps (at least for me): BerryBuzz (customizes your LED color for different sort of alerts) and BerryWeather.
    07-28-10 11:08 AM
    BerryBuzz is a MUST have! Also I have been using WeatherBug (FREE!), but I have looked at BerryWeather a couple of times.
    07-28-10 11:21 AM
    VIIGO- hands down best RSS feed reader- if you don't like the fully loaded version, go with just the News feed version
    07-28-10 11:30 AM
    I will echo the sentiments for Podtrapper's greatness. I seriously don't even use my iPod anymore.
    07-28-10 11:53 AM
    My one tip for all newbies: Download and read the PDF for your device (for you
    select Full QWERTY Devices.) This is one of the best compiled list of tips and
    tricks ever. It will get you up to speed in a blue minute

Blackberry Tips & Tricks from the Mods at Blackberry Forums
    07-28-10 12:43 PM
    You can also try the free trial of the latest ShortcutMe (4.3). Check the thread on this forum with title starting with "New ShortcutMe: Cascading Shortcuts ...".

07-28-10 01:45 PM
    I will echo the sentiments for Podtrapper's greatness. I seriously don't even use my iPod anymore.
    Indeed, though I never owned an iPod. Between PodTrapper, Slacker & Pandora I don't use an MP3 player at all anymore. Just me and my Berry

EDIT: I would also suggest getting a Memory Card that's at least 16GB. I filled my 4GB card rather quickly :/

Last edited by Vermell1; 07-28-10 at 02:53 PM.
    07-28-10 02:50 PM
    1. Pandora (Music), Quicklaunch (Multitasking)

2. Charging dock. You can get this off of amazon for about $11.
    07-28-10 03:08 PM
    Get QuickLaunch you won't regret it. Best paid app for BlackBerry without a doubt!

07-28-10 03:15 PM
    +1. QL represent!
    07-28-10 03:20 PM
    Quicklaunch is an awesome app for shorcuts.

Buy a charging dock
    Quicklaunch and Podtrapper have been purchased . Have a case already and that rules out the cradle as it covers up the charge contacts. Appreciate the info .. keep it coming!
    07-28-10 04:18 PM
    Back up your contact list. Regularly.
    07-28-10 08:38 PM
    Awesome. A brand new newbie asking for a app suggestion.

Then all these QL recommendations come in here. Seems like this happens every single time a new shortcutme thread is here.

Did I mention the newbie part? Yea, thought so.
    07-28-10 08:52 PM
    Get an OtterBox Commuter. Silicone skin, hard shell, and adds minimal bulk! Best of all worlds! Woo woo! (and it comes with a screen protector!)
    07-28-10 11:46 PM
    My top used/loved apps: BerryBuzz, UberTwitter, BeeJive, GoogleMaps (completely delete BBmaps). Then there is always the 'App Store' to browse through for yourself ;]

07-29-10 06:17 AM
    Get BuddyGuard. It's a must have to remotely lock ur BB is left somwhere unattended, or if lost (i hate to lock it and have to enter password each time)
    If you get the paid version, you can track it via GPS, and lock it to your simcard

You'll love it
    07-29-10 06:25 AM
    Apps baby apps. QL included.
    07-29-10 06:28 AM
    Number One Suggestion To All Crackberry Newbs...

Use the search function before you post! It gets very tiresome to sift through the same threads over and over and over... If the OP would have searched "9700 apps" or anything similar they would have seen MANY posts and threads JUST LIKE THIS. Usually more than one a week.

Mods, not like this will help but... Any way we can get a sticky of this type of thread? Oh yeah, there's a whole category called "3rd Party Apps". Sorry...

Sorry for ranting... Just seeing this forum being polluted with repeat threads more and more lately. I apologize if I upset anyone.

07-29-10 07:36 AM
    Awesome. A brand new newbie asking for a app suggestion.

Then all these QL recommendations come in here. Seems like this happens every single time a new shortcutme thread is here.

Did I mention the newbie part? Yea, thought so.
    Guess you skipped right over the Newbie stage.... I love haters like you..make my day!
    07-29-10 09:01 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD