The survey shows a picture of what smartphone scooters in the medical field are choosing (again a survey not fact people).

Survey: MDs do use mobiles at point of care | mobihealthnews
    07-28-10 08:20 AM
    Maybe so but hard to be accurate with such a limited survey:

Spyglass conducted interviews with more than 100 physicians this past March to discuss the adoption of mobile devices and their use at the point of care.
    07-28-10 08:45 AM
    Maybe so but hard to be accurate with such a limited survey:
    Not to mention the company "Spyglass Consulting Group" it literally a 20 minute drive from Cupertino.

Wonder how the results would look if they did the survey just outside Waterloo.
    07-28-10 08:59 AM
    Every single one of my customers that are doctors use iPhones.
    07-28-10 10:43 AM
    I know here in DC at the presidents hospital (which is actually located in Beyhesda). Most of the doctors are actively walking around with their iPhones using them for work. My buddy who is a surgeons assistant showed ke this app where they all minutes patience heart rates while not even being in the room among other doctor thing (lol didn't know everything he was explaining). It was definitely one of those oh s#%^ moments. I knew te iPhone had some cool apps but nothing to that magnitude.
    07-30-10 06:15 AM
    I know a few people in medical school now and they all have iphones and the programs are all geared towards iphones and ipod touches now. Blackberry just cant do the things an iPhone can.
    07-30-10 12:29 PM
    ALL of my friends who are in Pharmacy school have iPhones. They said the school made them get an iPod or iPhone because of podcasts and certain medical iPhones app that they needed for class.

I think its quite OBVIOUS doctors prefer iPhones over Blackberries. The medical apps in the App Store are AMAZING, and iPhone render HTML way better than Blackberries.

The medical apps in the App Store is enough alone to get an iPhone over a Blackberry.
    07-30-10 01:45 PM
    I can see why, and there'll always be trades that the iphone will be better suited for, another example is graphic designers.
    I would be worried if doctors would rely on iphones to do their jobs, do they even disinfect them between patients? Are mobile phones not supposed to be off in hospitals?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 02:10 PM
    Add CPA to the list of professions making the switch. With all of the information that is out there and the need to retrieve that information, as well as the fact that most of our services are primarily web-based, the browser on the iPhone currently offers much better access.

08-01-10 07:32 AM
    I work for an OB-GYN group with 8 physicians and within the last year all blackberrys were phased out and replaced with iphones. They take them into exams rooms instead of using the pc's that are already in the rooms.
    08-01-10 08:08 AM
    I can see why, and there'll always be trades that the iphone will be better suited for, another example is graphic designers.
    I would be worried if doctors would rely on iphones to do their jobs, do they even disinfect them between patients? Are mobile phones not supposed to be off in hospitals?

They use wifi in the hospital, the iphones don't touch patients so they don't need to disinfect. They don't want phones on in hospitals due to the noise (phone calls, texts, etc...), distraction and possible interfering with certain machines and telemetry.
    08-01-10 08:46 AM
    Lets face it more and more professions are switching to iphones- doctors, lawyers, finance (CPAs, etc) because of apps.

There are medical apps, legal apps, and finance apps that just dont exist on BB. These apps replace a lot of time on the computer and can be used on the go (in the court room, bedside, etc), not just from a desk.

The days of merely needing a communication-only device are numbered.
    08-01-10 11:09 AM
    With all of the great med apps out there...why not use an iphone...In my practice, I use iphone and dragon dictation...Great all the way around!
    08-02-10 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD