I have had a blackberry for 11 months and never had this problem before. I cant get my head around it.
    Long story short, I get emails from my hotmail account but its NOT Marked as read so when I see my account on the computer its still unopened. Yet it deletes when I select delete from my phone.
    How can I get MARKED AS READ again? I have deleted and added like 10 times, sent service books, routing table, etc... I have had this problem for 3 weeks with no solution. I have no idea why.
    I even created a new hotmail account to see if that was the cause and nope.
    Anyone have HOTMAIL and NOT have this problem?
    Thanks alot

07-28-10 08:05 AM
    My understanding is that you have to have 2 way syncing for this to occur. On BIS the only service that has 2 way sync is gmail. Hotmail and Live only push the mail to your device. Deleting on the device gives you the option to delete on the server as well but will not update your read status. I do have a live account but it has never updated the status based on reading a message on the phone.
    07-28-10 08:39 AM
    strange. its worked for months before.
    Stupid hotmail...
    THANKS!
    07-28-10 08:52 AM
    Nope, you're the only one here that uses hotmail lol...
    07-28-10 10:13 AM
    My understanding is that you have to have 2 way syncing for this to occur. On BIS the only service that has 2 way sync is gmail. Hotmail and Live only push the mail to your device. Deleting on the device gives you the option to delete on the server as well but will not update your read status. I do have a live account but it has never updated the status based on reading a message on the phone.
    Most of what you wrote, I believe, is incorrect. Microsoft/RIM/Verizon recently screwed with Hotmail/Live accounts. Before a month, or so, ago, I believe my Hotmail was "pushed" to my BlackBerry, and when I deleted or read a message on my Storm, it would show deleted or read in my Hotmail inbox.

Hotmail is now POP3, with no synchronization whatsoever. Whomever made this idiotic choice, to essentially sabotage Hotmail, should be fired.

Read the last several pages of this thread, to learn about the Hotmail debacle:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/fina...answer-361096/
    07-28-10 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD