Hey all. I have a BB9700 on TMO that I am super happy with. Someone at work sold me their mint mint 6 month old iPhone 3GS for $100 because he bought an iPhone4. I was pretty happy to have something to tinker with......until I found out there was no JB or unlock yet.

I use it at home to browse and it is fantastic. Although I do not need it for data outside of my home (since i use a Berry), I still wanted a phone #.

Here's what I did. I bought a go phone, activated it on the gophone and added $50 more to it. I called At and T and asked them to unlock my SIM since I want to use it in another phone and they unlocked the SIM and i put the SIM in the iphone. I then went and downloaded Line 2 by toktumi and set up another phone number with them. Now when home, my calls are free (wifi VOIP) and it forwards to my berry and/or VM when I don't answer.

I'm pretty happy, it's like my super secret number that very few people have and I get to tinker with the iphone. The line 2 is $15 a month after a 30 day free trial so I figure for about $20 a month, get to play with an iphone. I was showing the guy that I bought it from all the things I have on the iphone and I even showed him how to close out applications - he didn't know.

I'm stoked (altho I still can't type that well on it - I use one finger...lol)!
    07-27-10 09:54 PM
    Cool. But I would never use Tmo.
    07-28-10 01:05 AM
    I'm glad you're enjoying your 3GS.

The app switcher is awesome on the iPhone.
    07-28-10 07:40 AM
    Thats not a bad idea at all. I did the same thing for awhile (carrying a 9700&3GS) but know I've fully switched to the iPhone only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-10 10:53 AM
    The layout of folder in IOS 4 is what i like the most.
    07-28-10 10:56 AM
    The layout of folder in IOS 4 is what i like the most.
    Yup. So much better than the jailbreak app "Categories." The folders lagged
    when opened.
    07-28-10 12:49 PM
    $100? You got a sweet deal. Should just sell it for 300-400 that and get the iPhone 4

07-28-10 12:56 PM
    $100? You got a sweet deal. Should just sell it for 300-400 that and get the iPhone 4

I was thinking of doing that same thing. Apple is sending me a brand new 32gb 3GS because of a wifi problem with mine and I thought I should just sell it and find a Iphone 4 to have.
    07-28-10 01:55 PM
    Hmmm. Yeah but if I did that I'd have to go on an AT and T contract plan unless I get one unlocked for a good price. He had gotten it for Xmas and didn't hook it up till mid January. And now another guy is waiting for the white iphone 4 so he said he would sell me his for $100 - his is mint too and in an Otterbox (?) thing so I will either give that to a family member or perhaps sell it. I hear the white one is delayed a bit.

I am enjoying it - what a phone!
    07-28-10 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD