I did a battery pull today, and for the fist time after bootup I had this message. Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api..i18n.missingresourceexception. Any ideas would be great. do a battery pull at least once a week and this is the first time that it has popped up. Performed another battery pull and it came up again.
    07-27-10 04:10 PM
    Open up your event log after you get the message (ALT+LGLG) and look for something in a bold font. Then post that information here.
    07-27-10 05:29 PM
    Open up your event log after you get the message (ALT+LGLG) and look for something in a bold font. Then post that information here.
    Thanks for your post on another thread about this. I was dealing with this for weeks wiping my whole phone and everything. It all came from a theme. Thanks alot for your help.... me and my bold are friends again!!!
    07-27-10 05:40 PM
    Thanks for your post on another thread about this. I was dealing with this for weeks wiping my whole phone and everything. It all came from a theme. Thanks alot for your help.... me and my bold are friends again!!!
    No problem, glad its working The event log can be a very handy utility, just gotta spread the word about it.
    07-27-10 06:04 PM
    Did the log check and alot of this is in bold (E net.rim.simat-atDisplayTextAck:ne)
    another one is (s Java Exception-MissingResourceEx). Dont know if the first error is from the sim card, but as a note my sim card is in backwards.
    07-27-10 07:33 PM
    Ive heard of errors being caused by the sim card. Im not that familiar with them myself. I know there some posts around here somewhere with some info. Id start by flipping your sim card around the right way and see what happens.
    07-27-10 07:50 PM
    With your SIM flipped, ensure your mobile network is set to 1XEV and NOT Global otherwise you will get an error msg. If mobile network is Global it searches for SIM and when none is present (or present but flipped) it sends back an error. You only get it on a reboot because that when the main scan happens (one of the processes that takes so long).

Hope this resolves your issue, if not already fixed.
    07-27-10 07:58 PM
    I have it set to 1XEV and is still setting that error. I think the error that keeps popping up after reboot is S Java Exception-MissingResourceException. I could be wrong. It dosnt appear to effect the operating system of the phone. Just this error pop up when rebooting phone.
    07-27-10 08:47 PM
    I ended up calling VZW and she said was a java script problem. she walked me through the process and got it fixed. Had to blow the dust off my PC instead of using my mac. Man i dont miss that thing at all. Wish rim would write programs to work with mac!!
    07-28-10 09:13 PM
    I keep getting locked up when I use the ALERT function of the PTT. I brought up the event information and got "atDISPLAYTEXTACK: net.rim.device.api.system.SIMCardException: Operation failed" Any ideas on what happened. The ALERT on PTT had been working fine for days also I never have a problem when I just push the PTT button, only when I try to ALERT.
    07-29-10 10:20 AM
    maybe someone can help me with my problem. i keep getting an uncaught exception too...please someone read my thread. i dont wanna double post!!
    07-29-10 10:56 AM
    [QUOTE=MBM7881;5398070]maybe someone can help me with my problem. i keep getting an uncaught exception too...please someone read my thread. i dont wanna double post!![/QUOTE

Like i stated, it appears to be a program issue. Call your provider and tell them. Verizon was really help full. she knew exactly the problem and walked me through the steps to remove and reboot the working system. I did not loose any programs nor apps. It was a timly deal took right about an hour to fix. And for notes, doing a wipe on the phone does not fix it! You have to completly remove and reboot the os.
    07-29-10 03:05 PM
    Name: Application Control
    GUID: ed7944aebd0c4ae2
    Time: Dec 18, 2010 10:52:28
    IvHS

Can anyone shed a little light on what this error is from the event log?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD