This thread can be a list of problems... I found out that if I'm choosing my ringtone (or SMS alerts, etc) the sound eventually goes out and I have to do a hard reboot of the device... obviously this is not acceptable so I'm downgrading back to .681 which i thought was great. Any other problems with this new software?

BTW- positives of the new OS from what I saw was that it was faster (better memory management I assume, and that's about it... I only had it for one day).
    07-27-10 08:52 AM
    well, the only thing i've noticed so far is that top right button not functioning, the one that"s for standby i think. It should be made customizable, so we can assign a function to it, like the convenience buttons. That button just sits up there doing nothing, what a waste...
    07-28-10 11:56 AM
    well, the only thing i've noticed so far is that top right button not functioning, the one that"s for standby i think. It should be made customizable, so we can assign a function to it, like the convenience buttons. That button just sits up there doing nothing, what a waste...
    Are you talking about the red hang up button?
    07-28-10 03:52 PM
    Are you talking about the red hang up button?
    I think they're talking about the hidden mute button at the top of the phone.

Are these problems with the update people or just with your installation?
    07-28-10 04:02 PM
    Okay, I've found a problem.

I can't now connect to the internet/facebook wont login etc etc however I'm still getting BBMs & texts, any help on what this could be/how to fix it?
    Last edited by 1DJC; 07-28-10 at 05:47 PM.
    07-28-10 05:10 PM
    Have you all installed the leaked one or the Official release?
    07-28-10 05:18 PM
    The one in this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/la...chison-504796/
    So, official I'm guessing?

My opera mini browser works, the regular BB one doesnt load, my facebook doesnt sign in but my apps like time magazine and business weekly all load and connect fine.

*edit* they both work when wifi is switched on, could this be a data services problem?

*edit 2* twitter doesnt log in (without wifi) either, my emails are coming through/sending but it takes them a few attempts..

*edit 3* Okay people, it seems to be fixed, mustve just took a while to fully register.

Something else ive noticed which is quite strange, a different icon in front of my hotmail email icon comapred to my other 2 email icons from different providers. Does anybody else have this? Its a little orange envelope in place of where the earth part of the icon is.
    Last edited by 1DJC; 07-28-10 at 06:01 PM.
    07-28-10 05:25 PM
    Few things:

1. Hotmail Icon has been changed. So has AOL for that matter.

2. The mute button at the top right of the phone only mutes microphone on calls and play/pause for audio. It does not cause your phone to enter standby mode anymore. This is not the first OS release to do this. I believe it started happening around .6xx or something.... .461 (what I am using) still has the mute being a standby button.
    07-28-10 06:56 PM
    The one in this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/la...chison-504796/
    So, official I'm guessing?

My opera mini browser works, the regular BB one doesnt load, my facebook doesnt sign in but my apps like time magazine and business weekly all load and connect fine.

*edit* they both work when wifi is switched on, could this be a data services problem?

*edit 2* twitter doesnt log in (without wifi) either, my emails are coming through/sending but it takes them a few attempts..

*edit 3* Okay people, it seems to be fixed, mustve just took a while to fully register.

Something else ive noticed which is quite strange, a different icon in front of my hotmail email icon comapred to my other 2 email icons from different providers. Does anybody else have this? Its a little orange envelope in place of where the earth part of the icon is.
    That's the new hotmail icon. Microsoft have changed it
    07-29-10 04:56 AM
    Few things:

1. Hotmail Icon has been changed. So has AOL for that matter.

2. The mute button at the top right of the phone only mutes microphone on calls and play/pause for audio. It does not cause your phone to enter standby mode anymore. This is not the first OS release to do this. I believe it started happening around .6xx or something.... .461 (what I am using) still has the mute being a standby button.
    It started with OS 5.0.0.5xx
    07-29-10 05:00 AM
    Ah, that makes sense. Thank you
    07-29-10 10:20 AM
    i cannot log in to facebook.they asked me a code.anybody pls help
    07-30-10 01:25 AM
    I also can't connect to Facebook. I also seem to have ;lost the ability for the phone to lock when it is in the holster. Any help gratefully received

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-10 11:49 AM
    ive lost the lock facility when in the holster as well does anyone know of a version 5.0 sw where the lock works as 5.0 has the predictive typing like on the older 8120s which the wife liked the version 5.0 software on the 9700 hasnt given me any hassle at all so far on any of the versions hust my main problem is with our it policy which locks the phone after 20mins which is not good when your using sat nav LOL!
    08-08-10 04:32 PM
    I updated too... Facebook acts like a browser ...I have a thread added today....
    08-10-10 07:13 PM
    After downloading, it had an error and got stuck halfway trough install. For the most part, everything seems to be working minus these issues:

-I have no address contacts but when people call me, their information pulls up.

-I have no socail media (e.g. Facebook, Myspace, Twitter). It acts as a browser and gives a HTTP error 502

-BlackBerry App World (I had 2.0 previous to upgrade) has the same error as th social media.

-when it is connected using the BlackBerry USB that came with the phone, the computer is not rcognizing any phone (or device for that matter-just charges the phone)

PLEASE HELP!!!!
    08-11-10 10:08 AM
    I had the same problems with Facebook and Twitter...I downloaded them again and now they're fine. Also I had the problem with the phone not being recognized so I did a battery pull and it solved whatever issue their was.

Good luck
    08-11-10 05:59 PM
    The links from facebook and other IM program that bring you to browser is for downloading the programs. After OS update, everything is wiped. The error message you saw was a problem with blackberry server. They released new version of bb messenger yesterday. I think it caused their server to be overloaded. Today, everything is fine again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 08:29 PM
    with regards to the bbm working but the rest not:

this is a network problem, i had the same thing, just fixed it today. got to call up your provider and have them sort it.
    Last edited by boggsterman; 08-13-10 at 06:34 AM.
    08-13-10 06:30 AM
    The one in this thread:
    yeah, some e-mail accounts have this, for example my yahoo ones have it too. it's just a little logo telling u it's a hotmail or yahoo or whatever else account.
    08-13-10 06:34 AM
    I upgraded by BB to os5 earlier today, and now its missing a ton of the standard (and most crucial) apps like BBM and Blackberry App World. I've tried redownloading both to no avail. The OS i downloaded is leaked BTW.

wutdoido.

I'm reposting this from a thread I started...hopefully this will help.
    08-13-10 01:04 PM
    I upgraded (finally) last night and I only ran into one issue where my camera wouldn't work so I wiped it and started over and I have not had a single issue since and I worked it all night last night. Slower reboot than the .509 though.
    08-13-10 01:29 PM
    the only problem ive had is the ringtone and whatever not working. but thats been solved. so far so good now. well wait and see, if anything ill have to downgrade back to 4.6
    08-14-10 10:39 PM
    i have an issue i hope you guys can help i have upgraded no problem got everything working with one exception when i reply to a post received via text from facebook its sending it to the person message box on facebook and not there wall any help please i know its not much but really would like this function back.
    08-15-10 04:22 AM
    hey, I upgrade to the new OS and am having trouble with twitter it will not stay connected. When I try to log on again it says that the password is wrong? I have deleted the app and reinstalled and it will work ok for a little while than I have the same problem again. Any advice? I am ready to down grade but would need a link for a lower OS 5, anyone have one?
    08-17-10 11:38 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD