I got the ghost armor put on, but it don't fit the same as it did on my S2. I was just wondering what everyone else uses or recommendations. I am not a big case fan. I like the form factor as is and don't want to have a bulky case on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 01:38 AM
    BestSkinsEver is a great product. I had a full set on my 8330 and loved it. I'm going to order one for my Bold just as soon as I have the money.

07-27-10 03:12 AM
    Best skins ever seems to hold up better. IMO.

But I use an Otterbox anyways.
    07-27-10 09:17 AM
    I've heard that Invisible Shield is pretty good if you can apply it correctly.
    07-27-10 10:13 AM
    I've heard that Invisible Shield is pretty good if you can apply it correctly.
    +1 Bacaon.jay.

I tried the invisible shield on my old Tour and it was the biggest pain in the **** to install. I gave up in frustration and went commando with my Tour. With my Bold, the only thing I've put on is a privacy screen...
    07-27-10 10:23 AM
    Yeah, my hand always rubs against where the skins seperate. I might ask for a refund but best buy makes you eat the install labor fee which is bullsh!t. Plus I don't think the guy installed it good because it seemed much nicer on my S2.

07-27-10 12:03 PM
    Invisible Shield FTW... Ive used it on my past 3 phones... it truly is a huuuuge pain in the *** to get on... but once its on you're covered 100%, make sure to actually follow the direction it comes with and you should be fine...
    07-27-10 01:06 PM
    They weren't kidding when the instructions say that you need patience. I use PhantomSkinz.

I would look at the pictures of each skin (PS, IS, BSE) and look at how many flaps there are per piece. Those flaps can be a serious pain to line up.

For full body, PS has more flaps than IS (compare the camera area and front logo bezel), but the general areas (screen, back, ear area, buttons) are pretty much the same.

I went with PS because I've read some reviews of IS yellowing over time and with PS you get 2 full body kits for $17.50 and free shipping.

I recommend PS, but if I have to install a skin a second time, ugh, I'm just going to do the screen and ear area only.
    07-28-10 12:12 AM
    I think I'm cursed, or at least my phones are. Every time I purchase a case or something to protect my phone, I always end up getting rid of that phone before the case arrives.

I'm not getting anything for my new Bold. It'll have to live in the pouch that came in the box.
    07-31-10 07:43 AM
    I have used so many different types of protection for my devices that I have a small surplus of case skins etc for many different devices. The one that I am currently using for my bold is the outterbox commuter case. I really love this case as it does not make the phone feel bulky and offers outstanding protection for my phone. I would say give it a try and see how you like it. The body skins are good as well but like mentioned before they require lots of practice.

07-31-10 08:15 AM
    I have used so many different types of protection for my devices that I have a small surplus of case skins etc for many different devices. The one that I am currently using for my bold is the outterbox commuter case. I really love this case as it does not make the phone feel bulky and offers outstanding protection for my phone. I would say give it a try and see how you like it. The body skins are good as well but like mentioned before they require lots of practice.

I have this case from BBY and it seems the charging port does not line up right. I like the case and feel it gives good protection....is this your experience?

I just have trouble getting a charger to stay plugged in enough to charge.
    07-31-10 10:58 AM
    I've used InvisibleSHIELD twice and just applied my first PhantomSkinz a few days ago. So far, I really prefer PhantomSkinz to IS. Besides getting two covers on your first order for less than what I paid for my IS, the design of the skin seems to fit the phone a lot better. I haven't tried Ghost Armor, but would prefer to see how it's cut beore I would. (And since I have a spare PS, I don't see me needing another one anytime soon.)

I definitely prefer either of these to an actual case.
    07-31-10 01:00 PM
    I have the Phantom Skinz on my Bold. Very tricky to install. Follow the enclosed instructions and you should be ok. Also, I used a hair dryer, on low, to help with the rounded edges.
    07-31-10 04:03 PM
    I have this case from BBY and it seems the charging port does not line up right. I like the case and feel it gives good protection....is this your experience?

I just have trouble getting a charger to stay plugged in enough to charge.
    I read on another thread a couple of days ago, that Otterbox is aware of the charging port problem and are working on fixing it. Supposedly, they are going to exchange the defected cases with the corrected case (but don't quote me on it, it's second hand info).
    07-31-10 04:39 PM
    You sure BBY did not sell you a repackaged Tour case? The tour and Bold for Verizon and Sprint look the same but the charging port is placed a few millimeters away on the 9650 then the 9630.

I have the Otterbox Defender for the 9650 and the charging port lines up perfectly.
    08-01-10 07:52 PM
    You sure BBY did not sell you a repackaged Tour case? The tour and Bold for Verizon and Sprint look the same but the charging port is placed a few millimeters away on the 9650 then the 9630.

I have the Otterbox Defender for the 9650 and the charging port lines up perfectly.
    I am sure they didn't. There are threads all over that talk about the case not fitting properly.
    08-01-10 08:09 PM

Very true. BestBuy sells the "9600 Series" Commuter, which definitely has the USB port lineup problem with the 9650.

But, even if you get the "9650"-specific Commuter, there is still a problem with the port flap. There's a thread in the Accessories forum where someone is working with Otterbox on a fix for this.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/fyi...r-case-502350/
    08-01-10 08:17 PM
    I have used invisible shield and ghost armour and they did something to the trackpad on the Curve. it wraps around it but they are "tight"and caused issues. I got the privacy shield from Verizon on my Bold and I like it better. It just sits on the screen and I like how no one can see what I am doing. It isn't ugly. I have a nice slip on back snap case and I have a beautiful leather case I also use. You need to be careful with the invisible shields and the ghost armour. And if you do those only do it on the screen. I am happy though with the privacy screen from the store. I don't have to worry about it causing issues with the trackpad either.
    08-01-10 08:23 PM
    I got invisashield, but the mall near my house has a kiosk and I just let that guy install it after the 1st one messed up... <3 warranties!!! I want a good case though!
    08-18-10 08:00 PM
    I tend to break things so I went with the Otterbox Defender. FWIW, all the ports line up perfectly with the openings in the case.
    08-18-10 09:01 PM
    i use the most diesel otterbox for my 9650 and i love it. it numbs the vibration feature a bit, and the clear cover for the screen is not nearly as fine scratch resistant as the BB screen; i am VERY careful, overly careful, in fact, with cleaning, using a fine microfiber and a premium instant detailer by a company called optimum, and there are still fine scratches on it from my cleaning.

but all in all it's a very nice piece. it's over-priced though. thankfully i have a connection at a wireless zone.
    08-18-10 09:16 PM
    The Otterbox Defender retails for $47 to $49 at most online stores. I found it for $29.99 at Amazon with free shipping.
    08-18-10 09:46 PM
    IS and Ghost Armour have kiosks for them. I have had both and not that much of a fan. On the Curve it actually flattened out the trackpad. I took it off and used privacy screen. No issues. I also have the privacy screen on my Bold. My Verizon rep put it on my Bold for me. I am all thumbs when it comes to that HA ! I actually like the privacy screen. No one can see the screen. I had a friend look over my shoulder and it does work. It looks decent as well. I also have a nice case for it and a snap on case. I won't pay the money for Invisible Shield or Ghost Armour. I don't like how they wrap around the trackpad. I am happy with the privacy shield from Verizon.
    08-18-10 10:35 PM
    BestSkinsEver is a great product. I had a full set on my 8330 and loved it. I'm going to order one for my Bold just as soon as I have the money.

Lol, as soon as you get $8?
    Are you in college too?
    08-18-10 10:41 PM
    I got my BodyGuardz in the other day. No ugly orange peel like IS, and I got 2 sets of them (which is good because I screwed the one on the screen up, hahaha)...I am pretty happy with it so far.

I wouldn't say "you can't tell it's there", but it's less intrusive than say, an Otterbox or similar case, that's for sure!
    08-19-10 04:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD