hi guys, due to my new fascination with bb's i am switching from my black bold 9700 to a brand new white 9700. Now what i want to do is practically switch everything (contacts, pics, music, videos) over from my black 97 to my new white 9700. I have paid for some apps (sms filter $9.99) and i hope i could use them without paying for them again in my new phone. is there any way for me to back it up in the desktop management? btw will i be able to keep my bbm pin?

also, my black 97 is practically brand new and i want to sell it as if it came out of the box with no info or pics or music or nething. Whats the quickest way to hard reset the phone so that everything erases.

Thanx guys i appreciate your help in advance! cant wait for the 9800!
    07-26-10 10:08 PM
    just do the device switch wizard within DM. choose to go from blackberry to blackberry and plug both phones in. it will automatically mirror one phone into the other. it will not move 3rd party programs. things you paid for, contact the app vendor and they will send you a new activation code or log into their site and change your PIN. you wont have to pay for them again.
    07-29-10 04:45 AM
    i have the same issue. my only problem is all my bbm contacts will lose me as a friend when I change pin right??

is there a way to have my bbm pin updated on my friends devices? if so would someone please give a step by step on how to do so?
    07-29-10 07:47 AM
    i have the same issue. my only problem is all my bbm contacts will lose me as a friend when I change pin right??

is there a way to have my bbm pin updated on my friends devices? if so would someone please give a step by step on how to do so?
    It will prompt you to send them an invite when you restore your contacts.
    07-29-10 08:02 AM

If you use Device Switch Wizard, you will not have to request your BBM contacts. No one will know you switched devices, that is why I use Device Switch Wizard...
    07-29-10 08:06 AM
    unfortunately there is no device switch wizard for mac's even though my pc is almost brand new it can't even run dm.
    07-29-10 08:25 AM
    just do the device switch wizard within DM. choose to go from blackberry to blackberry and plug both phones in. it will automatically mirror one phone into the other. it will not move 3rd party programs. things you paid for, contact the app vendor and they will send you a new activation code or log into their site and change your PIN. you wont have to pay for them again.
    If you do a search here, or on Google, you can find steps on how to back up your 3rd party apps.
    07-30-10 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD