Well on June 30th I went to T-Mobile and purchased the HTC HD2 after playing around on a co-workers Sprint EVO for a while. I immediately placed my Bold 9700 for sale on ebay and it sold the next day.

Sorry guys but after being a Blackberry owner for the last 2-3 years I can say none of the Blackberry devices that I have owned or worked on can compare to the HD2 or the EVO. There just isn't any comparison IMHO. The HD2 is superior to every device that Blackberry currently has out for consumers. The 9800 will be a welcomed change to the Blackberry line-up and will bridge the gap between the traditional business user and average consumer or "multimedia" user but I still think it falls just a tad short.

I still have a Blackberry Curve 8900 that I keep around as a spare but after using the HD2 for the last few weeks I do not see myself going back to a Blackberry unless they can design a device that is equal to or better than the smartphones on the market today.

I would like to thank Crackberry.com for teaching me damn near everything that I know about Blackberry devices and since I'm considered the "Blackberry Guru" for my IT department at work I will still use Crackberry.com to help support the Blackberry users in my office.
    07-26-10 05:53 PM
    What's the battery life like on the HD2?
    07-26-10 09:10 PM
    Sad to see someone go. Check in with the 9800. It'll prob have more of what you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-10 09:28 PM
    Nice phone with lots of features but way to big or I would have one too, good luck

07-26-10 09:32 PM
    How much did you get for the 9700 on E-Bay?
    07-26-10 10:00 PM
    What's the battery life like on the HD2?
    Battery life sucks compared to my Bold 9700 but then again the HD2 has a 4.3" screen as well as a 1Ghz processor which drains the battery quicker than a Blackberry.

HTC could have used a battery with a higher capacity but I'll use what I have for the moment. I get about a day's use of texts and web browsing on a full charge.
    07-26-10 10:08 PM
    I too gave up Blackberry 9700 for an Evo this past weekend. Haven't put 9700 on eBAY yet but i'm about to. Just had it unlocked and it's in mint condition.
    07-26-10 10:12 PM
    Sad to see someone go. Check in with the 9800. It'll prob have more of what you want.

I wanted a 9800 because I prefer the QWERTY keyboard and I also wanted a touchscreen BUT........I have T-Mobile and T-Mobile may or may not get the 9800. From what I've been reading T-Mo may get the 9780 (I think that's the correct number) which looks exactly like the 9700 with OS6, a 5MP camera and more RAM. Sorry I am not paying $400 for basically the same phone I already had in the 9700.
    07-26-10 10:15 PM
    Nice phone with lots of features but way to big or I would have one too, good luck

I said the same thing when I first played around with the HD2 but after watching Transformers on the HD (Hi Def) screen I was hooked and learned to love the large 4.3" screen.

Also the phone feels solid and you know it is a high quality device as soon as you pick it up. I think the HD2 and EVO are about as large as a cellphone should go but then again the Droid X is about 1/4 of an inch longer than the EVO and HD2.

Since I carry my phone in a belt holster and not in my pocket the size doesn't bother me much. Also I am a short dude at 5-9" with average size hands and the HD2 feels like I am holding a device and not a toy.
    07-26-10 10:20 PM
    I too gave up Blackberry 9700 for an Evo this past weekend. Haven't put 9700 on eBAY yet but i'm about to. Just had it unlocked and it's in mint condition.
    I got $325 for my 9700 in basically Mint condition as well. I priced it that way so it would sell quickly. Also my company reimbursed me $300 towards the cost of the phone so I basically got the HD2 for free and made a couple hundred in the process.......LOL
    07-26-10 10:24 PM
    How much did you get for the 9700 on E-Bay?
    I sold it Buy It Now for $325
    07-26-10 10:26 PM

That EVO is what made me switch to a HD2 in the first place. A co-worker wanted me to set up her EVO with our Exchange server. I had her Outlook email running in 5 minutes but I kept her phone for 30 minutes playing with it.

After that brief 30 minutes I was SOLD and immediately went to the T-Mobile website to see if they had a comparable device to the EVO. That's when I found the HD2.

I then went to a T-Mo store and played with the HD2 for a while and I made up my mind that I was dropping the 9700 and swapping to a HD2.
    07-26-10 10:30 PM
    Good luck. Personally I don't like touch screen devices but to each their own.

07-26-10 10:35 PM
    Now you can use the skyfire browser and see how cool flash is on windows mobile.

07-26-10 10:38 PM
    Enjoy your new device. I disagree with your suggestion that the 9700 isn't close to the HD2 but I don't like the HD2 and do like the 9700. I suppose we found the phones that work for us.

07-26-10 11:03 PM
    Check back with us in a month or so and let us know how that WinMo phone is working for you.
    07-26-10 11:36 PM
    I find it a bit strange you based your purchase off an EVO, which is an Andriod phone IIRC and you went with a Windows phone. IMO I would much rather go Andriod over Windows, but that is just me...should have waited for the Samsung Galaxy S, which is actually selling at T-Mobile.com, not sure if your store carries yet, but IMO is the phone to get and much more comparable to an EVO....

07-27-10 04:52 AM
    Good luck. Personally I don't like touch screen devices but to each their own.

I didn't care for touchscreen devices either until I played around with the EVO and then the HD2. My biggest concern was typing out texts and emails. Since I work in the IT field I spent a lot of time responding to emails and text messages on my Bold 9700. The HD2 has SWYPE which makes texting or firing off an email a whole lot faster and easier. Also, if I rotate the screen into landscape the keyboard effectively doubles in size and typing is a breeze with or without SWYPE.

My BIGGEST pet peeve is finger prints on the screen. I originally had an anit-glare screen protector which hid fingerprints but I switched to a Clarivue clear screen protector so I see the fingerprints when the screen is off. No biggie though......I used to clean my Bold 9700 a thousand times a day and I'll do the same with the HD2.
    07-27-10 10:11 AM
    Check back with us in a month or so and let us know how that WinMo phone is working for you.
    I'll do that.....and like I said in a previous post I'm still supporting Blackberry devices/users at the job and I still own a Curve 8900 so I have not completely left the BB community.

I'll keep everyone posted on this HD2.
    07-27-10 10:13 AM
    I find it a bit strange you based your purchase off an EVO, which is an Andriod phone IIRC and you went with a Windows phone. IMO I would much rather go Andriod over Windows, but that is just me...should have waited for the Samsung Galaxy S, which is actually selling at T-Mobile.com, not sure if your store carries yet, but IMO is the phone to get and much more comparable to an EVO....

Well the Android OS on the EVO was not a concern. I liked the size and design of the EVO. I also was impressed with the speed of the device, the size and clarity of the screen and the build quality.........ect.

Once I played around with the EVO I checked T-Mobile and saw that they had the HD2 which is VERY similar IN DESIGN to the EVO. Believe me I did my research on the HD2 and I also spent a lot of time on XDA-Developers. This is not my first WinMo phone so I was already familiar with WinMo.

I was at the T-Mobile store this past Saturday buying screen protectors for my Wife's MyTouch 3G (she switched from a Curve 8520) and I had the chance to play around with a Galaxy S. While it is a nice phone, I don't like it. The device looks like an iPhone 3G clone. I did like the battery door on it though.....the purple carbon fiber, pearl finish is awsome.........LOL
    07-27-10 10:24 AM
    Now you can use the skyfire browser and see how cool flash is on windows mobile.

SkyFire is OFF DA CHAIN! I immediately installed SkyFire and that's the default browser that I use.

Also the HD2 has a native YouTube app and it plays videos on YouTube flawlessly. MobiTV isn't bad either on the HD2.
    07-27-10 10:27 AM
    lololol unluck
    07-27-10 10:29 AM
    Enjoy your new device. I disagree with your suggestion that the 9700 isn't close to the HD2 but I don't like the HD2 and do like the 9700. I suppose we found the phones that work for us.

Well I rocked an 8800 then a 8300 then a 8900 then the 9700. I was a diehard Blackberry fan, but in my opinion Blackberry is getting old and stale with their new device designs. Every Blackberry device that is released looks like the last device. For example the 9780 is the same thing as the 9700. Same housing, they just beefed up the specs and I was not about to spend $400+ on the same thing as I already had.

The 9800 slider is a nice new device but when closed looks like a cross between the Storm and a 9700. I would have waited on the 9800 but I'm not sure if it will be coming to T-Mobile or not.

Now...........go the the HTC, Motorola, Samsung......ect websites and look at their devices. They keep their designs fresh. They don't make 10 devices that all look similar.

I still love my Blackberry 8900. That's why I haven't sold it yet but I also felt it was time to try something new and different. Who knows if Blackberry changes their design thought process and comes out with something DIFFERENT then I may just get another Blackberry.
    07-27-10 10:36 AM
    From what I've been reading T-Mo may get the 9780 (I think that's the correct number) which looks exactly like the 9700 with OS6, a 5MP camera and more RAM. Sorry I am not paying $400 for basically the same phone I already had in the 9700.
    I agree paying more for the same thing you have is a joke. If the 9780 comes with a touch screen, then I might consider the upgrade. But to buy the same phone again just for memory is simply ridiculous.
    07-27-10 12:00 PM

I was tempted to get Galaxy S. But then realized that it did not have LED flash or a front facing camera. For a high end phone this things are mandatory. Galaxy S does video in 720 and has TV-Out which is cool but Video conferencing is the future so why buy a phone that's already outdated. I think the same thing about 9800. By the time it comes out it will be outdated.
    07-27-10 12:05 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD