Ok so I have had a Droid X for over 2 weeks now and notice something weird and thought I would ask a question or make a statement. It seems that the Blackberry takes better pictures than the Droid X. Despite being a 8.0mg camera, it seems that the 2.5 of the Blackberry takes better pictures.

Any suggestions, comments or anything? I love the Droid and all the stuff attached to it, but I take a lot of pictures and the Droids not manning up.
    07-25-10 09:39 PM
    If I am not mistaken the MP of a camera dont mean you will have better picture quality. MP will make more of a difference if you enlarge the photo, but the lens and type of camera will be what takes the picture. So it may well be the camera is better on the Tour.
    07-25-10 09:46 PM
    Yeah, I cruised the Android forums and it seems that the camera is a big issue. It don't take a clear pictures as everyone thought it would. So far the BB is got the winning side. Cool apps for the Droid but the BB is just better at pics, better quality of phone calls. Maybe it will catch up, but not right now.
    07-25-10 09:50 PM
    Yeah, I cruised the Android forums and it seems that the camera is a big issue. It don't take a clear pictures as everyone thought it would. So far the BB is got the winning side. Cool apps for the Droid but the BB is just better at pics, better quality of phone calls. Maybe it will catch up, but not right now.
    Blackberry ain't winning in many other areas. I picked up Evo yesterday and imo, it kills my 9700. For me, it's not even close.
    07-25-10 10:30 PM
    Seriously, you can't be serious? The 9650 is not even in the same league as the X. I have both and the X is cleary the winner by a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng shot. As for pictures, my X takes fantastic pictures, I have zero complaints. Better phone calls? Oh please, tell me this is a joke. The X has spectacular call quality.

I have to admit, you BB guys sure are persistant in trying to justify why you stay with old stuf.
    07-25-10 10:36 PM
    Ok, well here are some issues with the Droid X:

Camera has very grainy pictures, the BB does take better pictures even with 8mg
    Facebook interface sucks, it adds all the contacts from FB if they have a number on FB, to your contact list on your phone. There is no current way to not add them.
    Your forced into a gmail account even if you don't want it. THere is no many apps that require it, maps, google talk, google voice....etc

The twitter, the videos, the touch screen all work great. This is a awesome phone, but there are some issues I am hoping 2.2 fixes but we will see if OS6 helps the blackberry. Not having PDF support sucks, I work as a Paramedic and the protocols and stuff are all pdf.

These are just my personal issues with the droid vs. the blackberry. For now, BB is winning.
    07-25-10 10:38 PM
    Seriously, you can't be serious? The 9650 is not even in the same league as the X. I have both and the X is cleary the winner by a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng shot. As for pictures, my X takes fantastic pictures, I have zero complaints. Better phone calls? Oh please, tell me this is a joke. The X has spectacular call quality.

I have to admit, you BB guys sure are persistant in trying to justify why you stay with old stuf.
    Its all about personal preference. Some features are cool, but there is some serious updating needing to happen with this phone. 2.2 comes out in Aug and i will wait till then. Your right, not in the same league.
    07-25-10 10:46 PM
    Yea, its just terrible to setup a gmail account right from the phone. An absolute nightmare.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-10 11:33 PM
    Yea, its just terrible to setup a gmail account right from the phone. An absolute nightmare.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yea you're right. 60 seconds of pure ****. I don't know how people do it. I rather be forced to put my hand in a blender.
    07-25-10 11:53 PM
    Ok so I have had a Droid X for over 2 weeks now and notice something weird and thought I would ask a question or make a statement. It seems that the Blackberry takes better pictures than the Droid X. Despite being a 8.0mg camera, it seems that the 2.5 of the Blackberry takes better pictures.

Any suggestions, comments or anything? I love the Droid and all the stuff attached to it, but I take a lot of pictures and the Droids not manning up.
    For starters take your camera off auto. Turn off flash.
    Next
    Play with iso and exposure
    High iso and high exposure let's more light in. Lower iso exposure let's less light in. In broad daylight try your iso about 200 and exposure 0 or 1 see what results u might get. I know it may be a pain but it is worth it to play around with.

Some pics below I took. Hit the link
    Incredible Vs. X camera comparison - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
    Last edited by TrendyProfessional1; 07-25-10 at 11:59 PM.
    07-25-10 11:55 PM
    I've had a Blackberry Storm, Tour, Moto Droid and HTC Incredible, so I think I can make a comment about these....Motorola's two droid phones, the original and the X, do have this weird picture software that I absolutely hate. It just was really temperamental, with slow shutter speeds, sometimes it would take great shots, others were unrecognizable. For darker shots for instance, I would always have to take at least two tries to get the picture right. That being said, they still blow anything blackberry has EVER done out of the water. My new phone, the HTC Incredible, is the one I'm keeping. It takes amazing shots, perfect nearly everytime, and super fast. Honestly there is not one thing that Blackberry has over this phone, aside from having to set up a google account (which takes all of 30 seconds, hard I know). My emails come in FASTER than they ever did on my blackberry, and MORE RELIABLY as well. It's insane. Now that android is slowly beating out Blackberry on EMAIL now, RIMM is in BAADDDDD shape. There will always be those that want that physical keyboard, but with the mandatory data plans you have to enter into, not very many rational people are going to look at Blackberry, then look at the android phones, and say I want a blackberry. Your just missing out on too much. I do love Blackberry and their build quality, but for the money, the Incredible (or Droid X) just simply destroys them.
    07-25-10 11:59 PM
    Btw I also set my camera at 8mp
    07-26-10 12:00 AM
    There is absolutely no way any 2.5 mp bb is coming even remotely close in picture or video quality compared to the X. The X has the best color ouput I've ever seen on a cell phone and several prof. reviews have supported that. Please post some of those bb pics please. I need to see some for myself and don't strip the exif data.
    07-26-10 01:22 AM
    The pics I have taken with my X have been very good. I'm sorry yours aren't. Also, the call quality on this device is outstanding. I have used every BB to date and NONE have sounded this good. I don't know if you know, but the X has 3 mics. 1 for talking, a noise cancelation mic and a mic on the back for shooting HD video. Everyone tells me I sound crystal clear on the phone. Maybe you just got a dud.
    07-26-10 02:54 AM
    Its all about personal preference. Some features are cool, but there is some serious updating needing to happen with this phone. 2.2 comes out in Aug and i will wait till then. Your right, not in the same league.
    What serious updating? The phone is still on 2.2 and it is almost getting the same Quadrant scores as an N1 on 2.2. The device is blazing fast, the screen is gorgeous and it is insanely good at multitasking. My only complaint about the X is that it wont connect to wireless n right now for some reason, but that isn't a big deal.
    07-26-10 02:58 AM
    Well, I've mentioned this in other threads, but the X is an awesome phone but the email setup did not work as seemless for me as the Blackberry platform does. As a matter of fact, I could not get Exchange to work on one account even when I downloaded Touchdown and K9 apps. (I also love the ability to delete messages on the mailbox and handheld or just the handheld). Since push email on a variety of different accounts is important to me, the BB does this to my satisfaction. I gave back the X and am receiving a 9650. It's too bad you can't combine the best of X with the best of BB and get one phone.
    07-26-10 03:08 AM
    Well us "blackberry guys (and gals)" happen to like our devices as you like yours.
    I have been using a Droid for a while but did return to Blackberry because it just works..
    If you want all the fancy apps and bells and whistles stick with Android or the iPhone.. I love the ease of operation on my Berry.. Not bashing anyone..to each his own.. JK
    07-26-10 09:25 AM
    Motorola X FTW!!!!! lmfao but seriously i went through alot of blackberrys (6 9530, 3 9630, 1 9650) and i have to say this phone stomps the dog sh*t out of them.
    Last edited by Retrokid223; 07-26-10 at 10:07 AM.
    07-26-10 10:04 AM
    Well us "blackberry guys (and gals)" happen to like our devices as you like yours.
    I have been using a Droid for a while but did return to Blackberry because it just works..
    If you want all the fancy apps and bells and whistles stick with Android or the iPhone.. I love the ease of operation on my Berry.. Not bashing anyone..to each his own.. JK
    I have to ask then....why do people stick around these forums looking at the next best thing? I just don't get it, people are getting to fickle about everything. You know as well a I do that bells and whistles are why most people are going to smart phones and for this reason, people are leaving BB's in droves. If I had your thought process, I would sell my droid x, fire up my 9650( which is for sale in Marketplace) and be happy with my 30 bucks a month charge for e-mail and never visit this forum again till it was time for an upgrade. You can only talk about BB's so much before you run out of stuff to talk about. Android is moving forward fast, almost too fast but thats cool. It keeps the juices going.

Peace
    07-26-10 10:23 AM
    There is absolutely no way any 2.5 mp bb is coming even remotely close in picture or video quality compared to the X. The X has the best color ouput I've ever seen on a cell phone and several prof. reviews have supported that. Please post some of those bb pics please. I need to see some for myself and don't strip the exif data.
    3.2 mp not 2.5mp and if you read what people are saying that have both the x and BOLD seems the BB is taking better pics?!
    07-26-10 01:39 PM
    Ok, here is the pictures, you tell me which one looks better and I will tell you what phone took it? Sound fair?
    07-26-10 03:43 PM
    I am assuming the BB took the second pick (unless you have 2 droids). As I said the megapixels have nothing to do with picture quality unless you are looking to enlarge the pictures. If you can adjust the settings with the droid like one person mentioned try to see if that makes a difference. If not I would suggest taking a look at another phone to see if your phone is defective.
    07-26-10 05:32 PM
    I am assuming the BB took the second pick (unless you have 2 droids). As I said the megapixels have nothing to do with picture quality unless you are looking to enlarge the pictures. If you can adjust the settings with the droid like one person mentioned try to see if that makes a difference. If not I would suggest taking a look at another phone to see if your phone is defective.
    The second pic is too dark. It was taken with the BB
    07-26-10 05:41 PM
    Im gonna retract the second pic was taken with the X.
    07-26-10 05:46 PM
    The second pic is too dark. It was taken with the BB
    So you first agreed with my statement without saying you agreed .
    Im gonna retract the second pic was taken with the X.
    To me it does not look like it would be the X that took the second picture because based on what he said it does not take good pictures. The first picture looks very blurry and is along the lines of what he said in his first post, unless this thread is a scam on the fact the X is a really good phone that takes quality pictures.
    07-26-10 05:58 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD