It has a white screen after being dropped, i tried replacing lcd and its still there. I actually bought it as is and the phone doesn't appear water damaged or even being opened before (had warranty seal on it).

The model number on the back of the lcd's matched but had the same white display, the screen acts up with black lines but never colors, also has a vertical strip that lights slower when lcd comes back from dim mode.

Any ideas???

All I find is information on shorts on old blackberry models. Phone connects to pc had to wipe data (in progress blank screen can't tell) as I don't know the pass (as-is phone). Should I even bother trying to reload OS on it though? Cuz im pretty sure its physical.
    07-24-10 11:38 PM
    07-24-10 11:45 PM
    the lcd i swapped is acting the same way. i mean on the working phone. Now two screwed up lcds on two 9700 bolds, wow this is bad. Battery is tested working, so its no the issue. Removing battery and tricks of that sort like holding power button down and later putting battery back in won't work either. Guessing board fried both lcds.
    Last edited by ha9981; 07-25-10 at 12:40 AM.
    07-25-10 12:02 AM
    the lcd i swapped is acting the same way. i mean on the working phone. Now two screwed up lcds on two 9700 bolds, wow this is bad. Battery is tested working, so its no the issue. Removing battery and tricks of that sort like holding power button down and later putting battery back in won't work either. Guessing board fried both lcds.
    wanna sell me those two lcd screens since you have no use for them?, I could use 'em
    08-25-10 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD