Why is the Charging Pod appealing to people? Does it do something beside charge the phone that I am unaware of?
    07-24-10 11:29 PM
    No, but it is extremely convenient. Just set it in. No cables to worry with. Less wear and tear on the USB port.
    07-24-10 11:37 PM
    No... just looks cool and holds your phone. I would probably have one but you can't use it with a case on the phone. I just stand my phone up sideways against my jewelry box. I think it looks better for the storm as you can keep the phone in landscape. Works the same.
    07-24-10 11:41 PM
    It's about $8 on Amazon.
    07-24-10 11:56 PM
    They need to make it compatible with phone cases. I think most people use some kind of case on their phone. Who wants to take it off every time you have to charge your phone. They would sell a lot more of them if they did.
    07-25-10 12:01 AM
    They need to make it compatible with phone cases. I think most people use some kind of case on their phone. Who wants to take it off every time you have to charge your phone. They would sell a lot more of them if they did.
    That'd be great, but I don't know how they'd go about doing that. First, they'd have to make cases that were compatible with the charger.
    07-25-10 02:06 AM
    I use a case with mine-seidio case has the cut out for the contacts. Works like a dream. I use it bedside and it is my alarm clock too. Shows the clock, easy to reach, txt turned off at night and LED off at night-all works great for me. Drop in and to sleep I go. When I get up, it is ready to go. Both my husband and I have one. Mine in the bedroom, his in the living room.
    07-25-10 04:05 AM
    I have one at the office and one at home....helps save the usb port. Charges quickly too...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-10 06:57 AM
    Does the charging stand for the Tour the same as the Bold? Could I buy a Tour charging stand and put my new Bold in it?
    07-25-10 06:58 AM
    Yes. There is no charging pod specifically for the 9650 since it is fully compatible with the 9630's pod. Both of my pods are 9630 pods and they fit like a glove

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-10 07:00 AM
    Fantastic, Thank you so much. Ordering my bold today and looking to buy some stuff on the cheap.

Here is a link for a tour charging pod on Amazon for $3.20+ shipping

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Charging Pod for BlackBerry Tour 9630: Cell…
    07-25-10 07:03 AM
    you might want to check to see if it includes the charger
    07-25-10 07:30 AM
    Oh wow! I'd be lost without the charging pod on my desk! I stand my Bold in it and watch my video podcasts without having to hold my phone!
    It's like a stand for your tv!
    woo hoo!
    07-25-10 07:30 AM
    This sounds pretty slick, but could someone explain how it contacts to make the charge. Does it just sit there kinda loose? Every other charging pod I've had, the phone actually plugged into the usb and was a wear point.
    Last edited by cbreze; 07-25-10 at 09:07 AM.
    07-25-10 09:04 AM
    This sounds pretty slick, but could someone explain how it contacts to make the charge. Does it just sit there kinda loose? Every other charging pod I've had, the phone actually plugged into the usb and was a wear point.
    Look next to the latch for the battery door. There is a metal contact on each side of the battery door latch that makes contact with the charging pod. I know mine seems to charge a lot faster with the pod over the regular USB charger. Not sure why but it does.
    07-25-10 09:16 AM
    Look next to the latch for the battery door. There is a metal contact on each side of the battery door latch that makes contact with the charging pod. I know mine seems to charge a lot faster with the pod over the regular USB charger. Not sure why but it does.
    Thanks for the info. I was just wondering where the contacts were. I have a case on mine and might cut the holes for the contacts. Can anybody with a pod measure the inside dimensions for me, please.
    07-25-10 09:26 AM
    As stated earlier Seidio make about the best cases in the buisness
    and they are all made to work with there compatible cradle with the case
    always on. Go to seidioonline
    07-25-10 09:26 AM
    Thanks for the info. This sounds great. I was in need of a second charging source anyway. Gonna pick one up.
    07-25-10 09:30 AM
    I used it because it is convenient. Also, I don't have to worry about laying the phone down and picking it up to see time and such.
    07-25-10 09:41 AM
    Thanks for the info. I was just wondering where the contacts were. I have a case on mine and might cut the holes for the contacts. Can anybody with a pod measure the inside dimensions for me, please.
    I'm not sure the OEM charging pod will work with any cases at all. I know the one post above someone stated that seidio makes their charging pods so they work with their cases. I just would hate to have to buy a new aftermarket charging pod just so i can charge my phone with a case. Because of that I just use my phone naked.
    07-25-10 09:48 AM
    I'm not sure the OEM charging pod will work with any cases at all. I know the one post above someone stated that seidio makes their charging pods so they work with their cases. I just would hate to have to buy a new aftermarket charging pod just so i can charge my phone with a case. Because of that I just use my phone naked.
    My Verizon shell/holster combo is just a couple days old. I just might return it and buy the whole seidio set-up.
    07-25-10 10:28 AM
    My Seidio has a little plate that fits in it so my bold will fit in it perfectly when it is naked or skinned. Take the little plate out and it fits with the case. I don't really think that I could measure it properly. It is a great fit and yes it is my 9630's pod.
    07-25-10 10:38 AM
    Not one person said anything about syncing to the computer with the pod, like the "information site on it" says it does. I guess you all use it with the charger and not have it next to your computer. Is that for "slow charging reasons, or no computer in your room reasons".

Thanks.
    07-25-10 10:38 AM
    The pod won't sync the BB to the computer. You have to use the USB port for that (or Bluetooth). No data is transferred through the metal contacts on the back of the phone. Just + and - for battery charging.
    07-25-10 10:58 AM
    I love my charging pods. They are great! I have one in my room on my nightstand and one in my office.
    07-25-10 11:10 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD