My phone is dead. It will not charge through the wall or the computer. I HAVE to have my phone! Please help. I am not able to get a new phone for a while. Please help. It is a BB Curve 8900.
    07-24-10 04:43 PM
    Sounds like it is possible the USB contact may be damaged.

If your phone is under warranty you will be able to get it replaced at no charge. (as long as the phone is under it's one year warrenty period)

You can purchase a charging pod and use the charging contacts on the back of the phone. This will be less stress on the USB contact in the future.

You might have a dead battery, so replacing it "might" help, or buying an external battery charger to charge the battery can help as well. The down side is you have to remove the battery to charge it. But it's an option for getting the battery charged, while waiting on a replacement phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BlkBear; 07-24-10 at 10:22 PM.
    07-24-10 06:33 PM
    Yup, either the port went or the charging circuit. Definately warranty, assuming there is no physical or water damage.
    07-24-10 08:53 PM
    call your carrier and tell them what the issue is. they will send you a warranty replacement device at no cost.
    07-25-10 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD