I am trying to go to the optimize website in youtube to try and get better quality of videos but it is not working for me. Just gives me a "404 Not Found" error. Is anyone else having this problem?
    07-24-10 11:10 AM
    Are you talking about using your Blackberry Browser and going to m.youtube.com ??? It just tried it and it worked just fine.
    07-24-10 11:41 AM
    well i can go to m.youtube.com and watch videos fine but they have a feature in the help section where you can optimize your device and that doesn't work for me. I have heard people say if you go in there and run that tool you can get better quality videos.
    07-24-10 11:54 AM
    Go find "those people" and ask them... the browser and m.youtube.com is the recommended way of viewing them.
    07-24-10 12:00 PM
    i was just curious about that feature that youtube has and says its for mobile devices thats all.
    i just recently got the phone and im just curious about some of these things. all i wanted is for someone to maybe try the tool and see if it works for them.
    07-24-10 12:12 PM
    Try visiting the youtube optimize page from the desktop version of the site, using your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-10 01:19 PM
    Nevermind. You still get the error.

07-24-10 01:21 PM
    I kid you not... There are over 300 threads about youtube on this forum! Does the search work anymore?

07-24-10 02:57 PM
    I had the same error, but out of frustration I kept hitting Escape and the Enter button... and it suddenly worked

Took me through the whole optimisation process, and now it works fine every time

07-24-10 05:37 PM
    I kid you not... There are over 300 threads about youtube on this forum! Does the search work anymore?

yes i know there are lots of posts related to youtube but as i said in my first posts i can watch videos on youtube just fine, thats not my issue.

all i was wondering about was the 404 error and if anyone else was getting that when going to the optimize page since i didn't see anyone else on here talking about it at the time.

so thanks to a few people on here that said they are also getting the error i know it is just a youtube issue and not mine.

so what is the purpose of you coming on here and being rude just cause i asked one simple question? i was pretty sure thats what this place was for so just relax and chill out
    07-24-10 10:56 PM
    Oh, I wasn't being rude. Just pointing out a fact.

Its just good forum etiquette to utilize the "Search" function before posting a new thread. Some people tend to clutter the board with multiple threads of the same subject instead of checking for the answer first.

I've been a member of forums for longer than I care to remember and know the frustration of sifting through thread after thread to either find an answer for myself or to just try to help other members...

07-25-10 03:46 AM
    I got the same issue yesterday when I tried, maybe try it again, lol! Is hard to watch videos on here as they look horrendous! I am hoping that the optimize really clears it up as I would like to watch some vids...not a deal breaker, but you would think this device would play them fine, without having to optimize anything.

07-25-10 07:07 AM
    any ideas how to fix this.... i can't play youtube... and i can't optimize youtube an error appear " 404 NOT FOUND" i have no ideas.... i also try to download player for youtube but i can't play a video.... "An error has occurred attempting to play media"

OS .714
    T-mobile
    08-02-10 07:03 AM
    There are by far, allot of threads regarding youtube not working.

1. Youtube made huges changes and their mobile site isn't keeping up with them. Neither are the video streams.

2. I am an Ex-Youtuber and I kniow what it feels like to not have access to watch videos from a phone or other portable device. We/you lose views.

3. There are allot of broken links which result in 404's. Deal with it. There ain't much you can do about it. Even I cannot navigate the site properly to manage my own videos.

08-02-10 08:04 AM
    this link to the optimization page has been bookmarked on my phone for at least half a year and it still works on first try:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    08-02-10 10:41 AM
    No, it doesn't. When you click "Start optimization" it returns a 404.
    08-09-10 11:07 PM
    No, it doesn't. When you click "Start optimization" it returns a 404.
    Yeah, nothing I have tried has worked. I am under the impression the optimizer is dead.
    08-10-10 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD