Has anyone heard if RIM plans on designing their future OS to NOT need battery pulls. I have the Storm 9530 and overall it's not that bad considering it was my first smartphone and BB.

I have read a **** load of threads on here about the rampant problems people have had with their devices and still get blown away by it. I have had my 9530 since its release and found it to be finicky at times but it seems to be pretty solid the last few months.

But the one constant remains...Battery Pulls! Just curious to know if RIM is going to deal with this issue. I realise that there are many issues they need to deal with some worse than others, acording to some of the post I have read but when you really get right down to it what other manufacturer of smartphones has this battery pull issue.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    07-23-10 04:39 PM
    Well, they bought QNX, probably the most experienced makers of embedded Unix around. They've been great on realtime OS and in products for the auto industry, or so I've heard. If rumors for the Storm 3 (touch, not slider) are right about using a completely different OS, this might be it. QNX + Webkit + Exchange + Flash would be very nice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-10 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD