Well. Noticed the 2nd from the bottom grill has two fractured pieces. On the left side where the usb and 3.5 port is between them theirs a full on crack in the Bezel. And the 3.5 connector is lose to where a headphones plugged in can "disconnect" while being plugged in.

What about you guys?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-10 01:52 PM
    Well I haven't had mine quite a year, but it still looks and performs flawlessly.
    07-23-10 02:01 PM
    Well. Noticed the 2nd from the bottom grill has two fractured pieces. On the left side where the usb and 3.5 port is between them theirs a full on crack in the Bezel. And the 3.5 connector is lose to where a headphones plugged in can "disconnect" while being plugged in.

What about you guys?

Well, after 2 years of pure abuse, which shows, the thing still works great!

07-23-10 02:05 PM
    Mine has no signs of wear after 2 years of heavy use. It's always had complete case coverage. CaseMate, now Otterbox. The only thing I've noticed is that I am getting bored with it.
    07-23-10 02:51 PM
    I've had my 9700 since February and my space bar is basically totally worn off.. Screen has some scratches, but, this thing has performed awesome. Best phone I've ever had!
    07-23-10 02:53 PM
    Not the BEST smart phone for 1,000+ songs. Other then that is great!
    07-23-10 02:55 PM
    well I'm on my third bold now but with my last one the trackball had stopped clicking, the battery door no longer opened properly you really had to fight with it, the p key was hit or miss...but like a child I couldn't love it more!
    07-23-10 03:28 PM
    yeah i have the same problem with the headphone jack

the silver seperator between my last row of keys is broken
    it still works well no major issues beside the head phone jack that really pisses me off at the gym the only place i use it for music
    07-23-10 03:38 PM
    the bold is an awesome phone <3 it was my first bb phone .. after 1 year well it still the same :P my trackball looks darker :\
    but last week i gave it 2 my brother cause he lost his phone ...
    i updated the device to 5.0.0.509 WIND... the weird part is the application memory is increasing like crazy

http://i27.tinypic.com/eugciu.jpg

Anyway Im going to miss my bold
    07-23-10 03:41 PM
    yeah i have the same problem with the headphone jack

the silver seperator between my last row of keys is broken
    it still works well no major issues beside the head phone jack that really pisses me off at the gym the only place i use it for music
    I know that feeling. I thinking of taking mine apart just to see whats wrong with the port... though, funny thing is, same problem I'm having with my Sansa E280, and 250 >.>
    07-23-10 04:16 PM
    On my 2nd refurbished phone but aside from the similar headphone jack issues described above, things are decent. There's some wear and tear on my battery cover (the "leather" seems to have rubbed off in one area). Also my mute button has become much less responsive (I used to put it in standby more every time I put it in my pocket so it got a lot of use).

Only protection I have used is a screen cover.
    07-23-10 04:39 PM
    Trackball get stuck which is inevitable with all the last generation BB's. I replaced mine.

Left application button doesn't work anymore. Otherwise solid. Bar phones shouldn't have too many problems. The keys are the only moving parts (other than the ball) and RIM has been perfecting them for over a decade so I expect them to last forever.
    07-23-10 04:42 PM
    I have noticed that my Bold 9000 never seems to get old or loose any of it's original addictive qualities.

Peace...

07-24-10 08:16 AM
    I purchased my Bold 9000 about a year and a half ago but only used it for 6 months or so. It was in Excellent condition and then last week I decided to sell it and it stopped working (trackball does not Open apps and the phone (green) and hang-up (red) keys don't work. All others keys on keypad work including the side buttons. It boots up fine. I was told today it would cost $90 to fix.

Note: I already posted this in another thread.

If I didn't take such good care of this phone and it looks almost new then I wouldn't be so upset. I am told this is a common problem with the 9000's.

Does anyone have a good contact at RIM?

-Rich
    07-24-10 08:11 PM
    If your BB9000 is looking old and worn, there are lots of places where you can buy parts like bezels, keyboards, trackballs and screens pretty inexpensively. I've blacked out my bold and reverted it back to it's original state. Not that hard to do really.
    07-25-10 06:23 AM
    Mine still works great, I have my original from Nov 08'. I did do a CN overhaul last year and replaced all of the exterior pieces. I am having the mute button issue, so I have started using lock instead. Overall if it had more memory I would still be completely satisfied.
    07-25-10 06:35 AM
    I have the same problem with my headphone jack not being detected whenever I plug in my headphones. Not too long ago, I'd have to repeatedly insert it into the jack...but now, the Bold just won't respond to my repeated insertions (yes I know that sounds a bit dirty LOL )

Have you guys considered replacing the headphone jack to see if it works? I'm thinking of ordering a replacement from cnn.cn

EDIT: I found a another thread discussing this and apparently it is a difficult repair to do yourself since the headphone jack is soldered onto the motherboard. Don't think I'm gonna bother replacing it since I can easily use my Bluetooth stereo headphones to listen to music.
    Last edited by mrk2010; 08-27-10 at 08:11 PM.
    08-27-10 07:45 PM
    Phone still performs flawlessly, best phone I have ever owned.

Trackball is less white...

a little wear on the side where I holster it (the metal finish has worn off and its black)

I love the keyboard... I hear my wife typing on her 8900 and it is sooooo loud.
    08-27-10 08:18 PM
    I'm noticing that even after I have purchased my Torch 9800 - I still love my Bold 9000 just as much as the day I first held it in my hand. I'm taking my time transferring all the info from it to my Torch. I'm still taking it everywhere I go . I'm still attached to it.

All of what I have just stated is true, but it's also sad and I know it. LOL! Yes.. I'm addicted to BlackBerry.

Peace....
    08-27-10 09:55 PM
    And - by the way - My Bold 9000 is in Mint condition. I never even dropped it once. I had no problems with it at all other than a memory leak caused by an app or two on it. It works today the same way it worked from day one!

Smilin!
    08-27-10 10:05 PM
    ive noticed about my 9000 that i still love it the same way i did the first time i saw it, touched it, used it. through all the "blacked out" bezel/trackball/buttons etc replacements, i find i still went back to the original silver bezel and white trackball...im not giving up this phone untill something much better comes along in the same form factor...NOTHING SMALLER
    08-29-10 04:39 PM
    I've noticed that the phone still gets the job done, for my needs. I also notice quite a few dents in the bezel, as it's taken many a fall. I've replaced my keypad, as I wore down some of the black, from waxy fingers (I use waxed twine in some of my work). And I've replaced the trackball as it got seemingly stuck beyond repair after 18 months of use, with often dirty hands.

At times, I wish I had some more application memory, to have extra applications (unneeded ones). Installing OS 5.0.0.822 has seemed to help memory/battery leaks, so far, though. Time will tell, but I could go on with this device for quite some time, and be happy. I'd have a hard time giving up the keyboard size, but I'll have to one of these days.

Overall, my phone has worked hard, and been beat up a bit over it's use. I can easily replace a bezel, and scratched screen, and be back to brand new condition, if I wanted to, though.
    Last edited by joemecu; 08-29-10 at 06:50 PM.
    08-29-10 06:45 PM
    It has been cased since day one. I like the size of the keyboard, I hope RIM will come out with a new one simular to this. I don't care about the form factor nor would I complain if it became bigger as long as the keyboard wasn't any smaller. I will not be holding my breath for that to happen though. I use my wife's 8900 occasionally getting ready for the day of a smaller keyboard.
    08-30-10 02:08 AM
    With the new update, the 9000 Bold seems to be a great device...again. If it had a trackpad and more memory, it would be the perfect blackberry to have. I would definitely buy one. 2 years later, it is still one of the best blackberry smartphones. That could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your perspective.

08-30-10 02:47 AM
    We upgraded all of our 8300's to the Bold 9000 back in Feb.2010.

Out of the 20. I've replaced 10 units, 1 of those was replaced twice.

3 of 10 had Keyboard problem,
    7 of 10 had Speakers problem.

Just last week I got a replacement for a bad speaker, and the replacement itself had a bad speaker, so I had to send the replacement back and wait for another replacement.

The replacements are Referbs and what bothered me with one of them is, you could clearly see the earpiece dirty with someone elses ear crud. You know the little Mesh area above the words "BlackBery" ? That part had someone elses ear wax.

That to me paints a good picture on the quality of how they referb these things.
    Last edited by Analog-X64; 08-30-10 at 09:11 AM. Reason: additional info.
    08-30-10 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD