so lets get started from now to the end of march rim will release the following devices and software. now this is info pretty much gathered through out this site:
    * 9100 in the u.s (has allready started)
    *app world 2.0(carrier billing and more)
    *blackberry 6
    *new webkit browser
    *9670 clam shell
    *9800 Slider( a white one could also be available)
    *9700a (could be a refreshed bold)
    *storm2 refresh
    *tablet(could have a 10" or 9" or 7" screen
    *storm3 with a new os not blackbery 6
    please feel free to add to the list if i have missed somthing

this bombardment of devices and software is all going to be done within 8MONTHS, now think about all the different devices all the improvements in app wrld , the new bb6 with the new media and everything else, the new webkit that looks swt!,the tablet witch i will definitly buying, and the new OS for the storm3 that could be amazing. I got to say for those who say rim isnt listening your wrong this company is going to be a very different company with in the next 8 months and who knows whats comming the next half of 2011 i am very excited! blackberry and crackberry are going to see a lot of new people soon! now when you sit back and think and you realy think about this list you can see why jim and mike seem very excited and from what jim said he is very excited of rims road map as far as a couple bumps i'm excited to!
    07-22-10 06:34 AM
    Couldn't agree more and can't wait. Course ya know the "naysayers" have RIM halfway in the ground already, but if all this takes place then their in for a big suprise.

I'm sure the trolls are gonna attack this one and call BS, who cares, what do they know anyway. Strictly their OPINION and nothing else.
    07-22-10 06:44 AM
    Hopefully sprint will get something besides the clamshell IF that lol
    07-22-10 06:58 AM
    The problem will be if OS 6 requires a new device I.e. 512 mbs of RAM. If they can't get it running well on 256 mbs devices then they won't be smiled uppon by a lot of poeple. Also things like releasing a Storm update and an S3 so close together won't go over so well either.

Further of OS6 requires 512 why are the devices only getting 512? Not exactly learning our lessons are we? (S1 should have had 256 and S2 and 9700 should have had 512).

So how long will the 512 devices last?

I agree they have a lot coming but they need to spell out the roadmap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by The_Engine; 07-22-10 at 09:14 AM.
    07-22-10 07:30 AM
    They may have learned their lesson. OS6 is being developed for the S2, but Verizon stopped testing it because it performs sub-par. It may only NEED 225MB to run on, but that would lead to the same issue they had with the S1.

I don't see the tablet or the S3 coming out this year, but I'm hoping I'm wrong on the S3. I want to upgrade to it.

I'm really on the fence with RIM at this point. They need their WOW factor back.
    07-22-10 07:40 AM
    The problem will be if OS 6 requires a new device I.e. 512 mbs of RAM. If they can't get it running well on 256 mbs devices then they won't be smiled uppon by a lot of poeple. Also things like releasing a Storm update and an S3 so close together won't go over so well either.

Further of OS6 requires 512 why are the devices only getting 512? Not exactly learning our lessons are we? (S1 should have had 256 and S2 and 9700 should have had 512).

So how long will the 512 devices last?

I agree they have a lot coming but they need to spell out the roadmap. Other

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    512 could go a long way if RIM would stop this BS and let us use the currently useless 1GB+ of device memory for applications. Heck, even 256 could go a long way.
    07-22-10 07:42 AM
    I don't consider adding stuff that should have been there in the first place grounds for "exploding."

Further, as the Engine stated, if OS6 needs at least 512MB RAM to run smoothly, why are you building devices with only 512MB? Further, I'm sure OS6 testing has been going on for a while; why not give 512 to the now current selling phones?

Are these welcome additions? Yes, I'm not being ungrateful. However, past OS6 (mainly with a webkit browser finally), everything else is meh. The hardware specs don't impress me as much, especially considering what is currently out there in the market.
    07-22-10 08:10 AM
    I think "The Engine" nailed it right on the head...the reason for all these new devices coming out is because the current hardware cannot support OS6. Now I recently switched from the Tour to the Droid X and to be honest, I'm loving it but I think RIM will remain the frontrunner for corporate mobile communications solutions but for a lot of people, they are looking for that "wow factor" as earlier stated. Maybe OS6 will have it, maybe it wont but I think a lot of it has to depend on what you are looking for from your mobile device. Are you wanting a secure means to communicate within your corporate email system well then right now RIM has it going for you but if you are looking for the "cool device" with the must have apps, well then Apple and/or Droid based devices might be the answer. I guess all we can do is wait and see.
    07-22-10 08:13 AM
    IMO its not that RIM can't compete or develop an amazing more robust OS. The problem is that they have chosen to wait until now to do so. RIM has the capability, the available cash and technical know how to be the in the forefront, however they chose not to. I think Blackberry is great, but lets be unbiased- OS 6 should really have been OS 5 a year ago
    07-22-10 08:44 AM
    Quality, not quantity...
    07-22-10 09:07 AM
    First of all I did say there are a couple bumps and secondly if your not on crackberry people don't even know about these refreshed devices and they wouldn't even no the difference! The people on crackberry is a small % of blackberry user. Finally you guys are all hung up on the bb6 better run on current devices who cares your telling me when the slider or tablet or even the really storm 3 come out your not going to buy it ? Move on already jesus! You guys are so hung up on these refreshed devices who cares look at what else is coming in 8 months this company is going to look a lot different and its for the good !
    07-22-10 09:10 AM
    so lets get started from now to the end of march rim will release the following devices and software. now this is info pretty much gathered through out this site:
    * 9100 in the u.s (has allready started)
    *app world 2.0(carrier billing and more)
    *blackberry 6
    *new webkit browser
    *9670 clam shell
    *9800 Slider( a white one could also be available)
    *9700a (could be a refreshed bold)
    *storm2 refresh
    *tablet(could have a 10" or 9" or 7" screen
    *storm3 with a new os not blackbery 6
    please feel free to add to the list if i have missed somthing

this bombardment of devices and software is all going to be done within 8MONTHS, now think about all the different devices all the improvements in app wrld , the new bb6 with the new media and everything else, the new webkit that looks swt!,the tablet witch i will definitly buying, and the new OS for the storm3 that could be amazing. I got to say for those who say rim isnt listening your wrong this company is going to be a very different company with in the next 8 months and who knows whats comming the next half of 2011 i am very excited! blackberry and crackberry are going to see a lot of new people soon! now when you sit back and think and you realy think about this list you can see why jim and mike seem very excited and from what jim said he is very excited of rims road map as far as a couple bumps i'm excited to!
    *9100 & 9300 both only have 256MB of memory... so they may not get the OS6 upgrade, and lets face it both are entry level smartphones - nothing to get too excited about.
    *app world 2.0 - should be an improvement (could not get app world to work on my S1), but without RIM supporting Developers more, don't see too many apps for BB. Wonder how many apps will be broken by OS6?
    *BB OS6 and Webkit browser are the same item - but it is a step in the right direction for RIM and will be great for any NEW BB owners.
    *9700a & Storm2R are both stop gap measures so Cell companies will have more than one device that will be capable of running OS6.
    *Tablet & S3 - 8Months may be questionable, no real word from RIM on either. And if RIM Tablet is based on the same OS and application storage design....

I maybe a glass half full type of person... but I think RIM has more than just a few bumps on their road map. With them sticking to 512 MB of Device Memory on their top of the line new new devices and no allowance to install apps on the SD Card. I just don't see RIM as a company that is looking too the future all that much. One company I know of has some database apps that require almost 300MB of memory (medical field)... currently the App will only run on a Windows Mobile phone, but thy are working on an Android Version - No way they could even consider a BB.
    07-22-10 09:19 AM
    First of all I did say there are a couple bumps and secondly if your not on crackberry people don't even know about these refreshed devices and they wouldn't even no the difference! The people on crackberry is a small % of blackberry user. Finally you guys are all hung up on the bb6 better run on current devices who cares your telling me when the slider or tablet or even the really storm 3 come out your not going to buy it ? Move on already jesus! You guys are so hung up on these refreshed devices who cares look at what else is coming in 8 months this company is going to look a lot different and its for the good !
    You are right in that Joe Consumer walking into the VZW store in October with their NE2 and sees a brand new Storm 2a (or Whatever) running OS 6 with a blazing fast web browser and nice UI will be happy to buy it. Especially since it will be $149 or less vs the latest Droids at $199. But when LTE drops in November, and than a Storm 3 Drops shortly there after, Joe Consumer is going to be wondering what those lube stains are in his shorts. Also in about Q4 2011 when the 512 RAM on his device isn't enough to run a QNX based OS (6.1 or maybe 7) and his 12 month old device is now obsolete, he will kinda be wondering what the **** happened to him. Conversely Jane Consumer who has a Storm 2 (Original) sees the new BB browser on a friend's device, (maybe someone she recommended the Storm to, because she loves it, and who bought the S2a) She will be wondering why her 10 month old device can't hack it.

Just like you said that Joe Consumer isn't on these boards getting their panties in a knot about rumors (as the rest of us are) he does want the device he spent his hard earned $$$ on to last for the contract, which is 2 years. It is poor business to have new releases of software in that life-cycle that the device can't support.

Having to refresh devices like this means either incompetence on the part of RIM in not tying their hardware and software road maps together properly, or they are just greedy and figure we'll all just buy new devices to run OS6 even though we are 10 months into a 24 month contract. Do you really want to put your stamp of approval on that, with your purchase?

That being said there is still a lot we don't know. AS we get more facts and less rumor, some of this may pan out to be more sensible than these rumors seem. RIM has a lot of good stuff coming, and I would love to buy a Storm 3 in October. But not it is a crappy Storm 2 refresh.
    07-22-10 09:29 AM
    Don't forget that when Joe and Jane the consumer walk into a VZW store these days looking to buy a BlackBerry, they walk out with Androids. VZW pretty much deserted RIM, lol.
    07-22-10 09:57 AM
    They walk out with androids it has a lot to do with what the sales people are pushing this month
    07-22-10 10:48 AM
    My only concern is what will happen to developers if they are deveploping for 5.0 now, hopefully get some tools for 6.0 in the near future, then QNX-based OS drops. Will they all have to go back to the drawing board?

Hopefully 6.0 SDK arrives very soon. Otherwise it could be a nightmare for developers to try to support 6.0 when it does finally make its appearance.
    07-22-10 10:52 AM
    My wife bought her 9700 last november she loves it I tell her the bb6 is coming then slider she doesn't care she pounds away emails and bbm on that thing like crazy she doesn't care about what's coming some of my friends have 8530s and 9100 they love it don't know or care about bb6 see these are average joes they love there blackberrys all these changes are just to stay current
    07-22-10 10:59 AM
    You are right in that Joe Consumer walking into the VZW store in October with their NE2 and sees a brand new Storm 2a (or Whatever) running OS 6 with a blazing fast web browser and nice UI will be happy to buy it. Especially since it will be $149 or less vs the latest Droids at $199. But when LTE drops in November, and than a Storm 3 Drops shortly there after, Joe Consumer is going to be wondering what those lube stains are in his shorts. Also in about Q4 2011 when the 512 RAM on his device isn't enough to run a QNX based OS (6.1 or maybe 7) and his 12 month old device is now obsolete, he will kinda be wondering what the **** happened to him. Conversely Jane Consumer who has a Storm 2 (Original) sees the new BB browser on a friend's device, (maybe someone she recommended the Storm to, because she loves it, and who bought the S2a) She will be wondering why her 10 month old device can't hack it.

Just like you said that Joe Consumer isn't on these boards getting their panties in a knot about rumors (as the rest of us are) he does want the device he spent his hard earned $$$ on to last for the contract, which is 2 years. It is poor business to have new releases of software in that life-cycle that the device can't support.

Having to refresh devices like this means either incompetence on the part of RIM in not tying their hardware and software road maps together properly, or they are just greedy and figure we'll all just buy new devices to run OS6 even though we are 10 months into a 24 month contract. Do you really want to put your stamp of approval on that, with your purchase?

That being said there is still a lot we don't know. AS we get more facts and less rumor, some of this may pan out to be more sensible than these rumors seem. RIM has a lot of good stuff coming, and I would love to buy a Storm 3 in October. But not it is a crappy Storm 2 refresh.
    The bolded captures the feelings of us Tour owners right about now. First, the device is a POS and those of us lucky enough to have one that still works are left to wonder why a new device that is almost exactly the same is out 8 months after the Tour arrived that can handle the new stuff that is coming.
    Save the BS about how technology always changes, etc., because RIM knew that all of this was coming and the Tour (even 9700) should have been ready for it. It is just a crappy way to do business and will turn a lot of people off to Blackberry, present company included.
    07-22-10 11:28 AM
    Don't forget that when Joe and Jane the consumer walk into a VZW store these days looking to buy a BlackBerry, they walk out with Androids. VZW pretty much deserted RIM, lol.
    They have been pushing Android like mad lately! Crazy. I went in to buy one of their awesome privacy screens for my 9630 and to look at the 'X' the other day. Total of maybe 20-25mins in the store and I had all things Android pushed at me throughout the entire time. I was shocked. They even had two of the reps running around the store with Android devices in their hands.
    07-22-10 12:09 PM
    They have been pushing Android like mad lately! Crazy. I went in to buy one of their awesome privacy screens for my 9630 and to look at the 'X' the other day. Total of maybe 20-25mins in the store and I had all things Android pushed at me throughout the entire time. I was shocked. They even had two of the reps running around the store with Android devices in their hands.
    Because if you're an employee there trying to open an account or push an
    upgrade it's a lot easier to push an Android device on someone than a BB. Same
    goes for an AT&T employee trying to sell a smartphone to someone. He/she is
    going to have a much easier time pushing an iPhone than a BB as well.

Imagine all the things they can show you that you can do with an Android right
    then and there in the store. It's a lot tougher to do with a Blackberry.

"Let me show you the full HTML browser on this Droid X. Let me show you this
    sub-par mobile browser on this BB." lol
    07-22-10 12:50 PM
    I suppose so, but do you think they'll be running around pushing BB6 then? Webkit, etc, but I seriously doubt it.
    07-22-10 12:53 PM

I suppose so, but do you think they'll be running around pushing BB6 then? Webkit, etc, but I seriously doubt it.
    Exactly. I can't blame them at all. Verizon is making money and signing new contracts hand over fist thanks to Android. BlackBerry will never do that for them. Ever.
    07-22-10 12:55 PM
    Blackberry 6 looks and feels incredible. I use devices from all all the majors for development, reviews, etc and had been a bit down on RIM's course ...until recently. 6 will be a BIG wakeup call to the industry. Blackberry is pulsing!

App User Reviews Dot Com | App Forum, Review, Apps, Forum, iPhone, iPad, iPad Touch, Android, Blackberry
    07-22-10 01:01 PM
    Blackberry 6 looks and feels incredible. I use devices from all all the majors for development, reviews, etc and had been a bit down on RIM's course ...until recently. 6 will be a BIG wakeup call to the industry. Blackberry is pulsing!
    Welcome to Crackberry.
    07-22-10 01:08 PM
    Not sure. Seems like no one is pushing for RIM these days. VZW is very happy so far with Android and is fully committed to the platform now. It will be interesting to see what happens when OS6 comes out and how the carriers respond. WP7 should be out at the end of the year as well.
    07-22-10 01:19 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD