So.... I have some new issues to report... and a question to ask..

I have had some problems lately like last night my phone was stuck on 1x... after a quickpull no problems reconnected to 3g...

and today. I could not reply to a Bb messenger message because it would not go into the message when i clicked on it..

SO i had to quick pull again and it worked once it rebooted 5 minutes later..

IMO its ridiculous to have to quick pull atleast once or twice a day for the phone to function correctly...

BB needs to work on this... 5 days until my 30 days are up.... HMmmmm
    07-21-10 05:50 PM
    Do you have the most up to date os?
    07-21-10 05:51 PM
    Wipe and reload time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 05:53 PM
    ive been having same problem today on sprint, and yes its annoying when u go to bbm or text and clicking to reply doesnt do anything.
    07-21-10 05:56 PM
    Wipe and reload time.

Exactly, sound like something happened to the OS. Backup, wipe and start fresh.
    Haven't had those "problems."

Re: 1x mode -- Don't blame RIM for Verizon's network. Network issues can cause what you've experienced.

Re: software issues -- wipe and reload.
    1x mode might not be an OS problem as mentioned...

Doing a reset simply forces a re-establishment of the network.
    07-21-10 06:01 PM
    WTF....... UGH my phone drops to 1x ever few hours and phone has to be rebooted in order to latch onto 3g.
    07-22-10 12:00 AM
    Haven't had those "problems."

Re: 1x mode -- Don't blame RIM for Verizon's network. Network issues can cause what you've experienced.

Re: software issues -- wipe and reload.
    The OP is on Sprint, not VZW.

1x: Connected to the cellular network on 1xRTT but not RIM's servers

edit: added the other conections as well

1x: Connected to the cellular network on 1xRTT but not RIM's servers
    1X: Connected to the cellular network on 1xRTT as well as connected to RIM's servers
    1xEV: Connected to the cellular network on EVDO but not RIM's servers
    1XEV: Connected to the cellular network on EVDO as well as connected to RIM's servers
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-22-10 at 07:21 AM.
    07-22-10 07:16 AM
    Have you done the obvious and called Sprint CS?
    When I had the same problem with my Curve 8330, I called VZW and they had me reestablish my connection to the network somehow and voila I was all set and getting a 1XEV connection right along after that.

Call CS.
    07-22-10 07:49 AM
    Try re-registering your device on the network. Go to options> advanced options> host routing table> blackberry key> register. If that doesn't work I'd call CS.
    07-22-10 09:50 AM
    WTF....... UGH my phone drops to 1x ever few hours and phone has to be rebooted in order to latch onto 3g.
    Return the phone, especially since it is still within the 30 day mark, try getting a new 9650 and ask to have another 30 days to see if you like it, that way you will know what a working 9650 is like and can make up your mind as to whether you want to keep the phone or not.
    07-22-10 11:09 AM
    Yes, I have called Sprint.
    07-22-10 11:10 AM
    Yes, I have called Sprint.
    Port your number to Verizon and your problem will be fixed. The other day I told you a friend's Sprint Bold did the same thing in Tallahassee. I explained that when a Sprint device roams on the VZW network, the signal can drop to 1X. You replied that you were OK with this...
    07-22-10 02:37 PM
    Also there have been a few people on the Sprint boards reporting that 1XEV service is more or less gone from their area, whereas it used to exist.
    07-22-10 02:46 PM
    NO way im not porting to Verizon. Its way to expensive.
    07-23-10 12:26 AM
    NO way im not porting to Verizon. Its way to expensive.
    You get what you pay for...

07-23-10 05:23 AM
    Has CS been able to determine what the problem is? Is it an area of non-service or just a temporary glitch? Will they be able to fix it for you? Verizon rep took me into a maintenance screen and had me re-register with the network using some code they gave me???? I didn't quite understand but whatever, it worked on my dumb curve 8330.....
    07-23-10 05:39 AM
    The OP lives in an area where Sprint has spotty coverage. For instance, my office is located in the northwest sector of Tallahassee and Sprint has no signal there. There are other holes in Sprint's coverage as well. To Sprint's credit, there are locations in town where their signal is superior, but overall Verizon provides the best overall coverage in the Tallahassee area, with ATT closing the gap at 2nd.

If the OP previously had 3g service at a location that now reverts back to 1x it could be a tower related issue. I experienced the same thing with VZW, finally got them to check the tower, acknowledge that the tower was at fault and they eventually repaired it a week later.

07-23-10 09:54 AM
    I contacted sprint and they said they will look at the tower, (no time frame) but yesterday I did not drop to 1x at all which made me happy.
    07-23-10 10:21 AM
    I would just swap it out with another bb before the 30 days is up that way you know you're getting a new device. If you go through sprint, or any carrier for that matter they will send you a refurbished device.
    07-23-10 10:28 AM
    Get another one? This is my second one....
    07-23-10 11:16 AM
    I don't think another device will be any different but hey who knows.
    07-23-10 11:20 AM
    I've had the exact same issues in the past.

I live in a semi-spotty area (Sprint) and to sorted my issues out from moving to the Curve, which had better reception IMO. I set my mobile network options to:
    data services: on (duh)
    while roaming: off
    network selection mode: home only
    network technology: 1XEV

I did this because my phone was always wanting to roam because it was easier, and didn't seem interested in trying to reacquire a sprint tower. It's made a big difference for me, but your mileage will probably vary. I keep a program called Signal-Location Utilities handy (I have learned a lot about my local network) and also I keep a fast way to my "manage connections" icon. Sometimes a fast disconnect/reconnect takes care of it. It's better with .699 than the default OS I shipped with. It was far far worse in my house, but WiFi is there to save the day (and battery).

You want that Signal-Location Utilities program; it's quite illuminating.
    F5 BlackBerry Utilities (from your BB browser)
    07-25-10 03:39 PM
    Tours had notoriously sketchy antennas. I know mine does. As for BBM freezing and not letting you open the message that is a bug with the current build of bbm 1.0.0.55. I am pretty sure they have fixed this bug but they haven't released a newer version yet. They are still beta testing.

07-25-10 04:46 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD