What if verizon decides the 2 isnt OS6 worthy? They wont be able to give that phone away. And pretty much everyone still has at least another year on contract. Can you wait a year watching all these other awesome phones come out?
    07-21-10 05:40 PM
    Well if your plan ois over $59.99, you can upgrade yearly, you just lose your n/e $50 off.
    07-21-10 05:44 PM
    i love my Storm 2 i just got it like a month ago and i think its a great device i see where you are coming fomr and where all the older stomr 2 users may feel diferntly but ive been using it heavaly for a lil over a month now and i think its a beast of a device
    07-21-10 05:46 PM
    It works for what I need it for. Pretty well at that. I don't even care about os 6 right now really. I'm currently waiting for three things (in order):

Moving back home to stl and transferring to a different college
    Football season and fantasy football
    The storm 3 or 4

I don't want os 6 on my phone if os 6 will make it suck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 05:52 PM
    I'm in the same boat as Pyrus. As a device I chose for work (email and calendaring) it's tough to beat. I like carrying it. A co-worker showed up Monday morning with a DroidX and my first thought after he handed it to me was wow, this is a big device, much bigger than my Storm2. I didn't like the form factor but I was amazed at how fast it was. Web browsing over 3g rivaled any iPhone or iPod touch. I was hoping OS6 would bring that same feeling of having a real web experience to the Storm2 but it sounds as if it's not going to happen.

I'll probably keep the Storm2 for a year or more. As I said, I like it for what it does best, email, messaging and work/home calendaring. If RIM can backport the webkit browser to the Storm2 I probably won't switch.

Full disclosure ... I purchased the Storm2 about 10 weeks ago and it's my first smart phone as well as my first blackberry.
    Last edited by fdisker; 07-21-10 at 05:57 PM.
    07-21-10 05:53 PM
    The storm 2 will continue to sell regardless of being compatible with OS6. Just like the older devices continued to sell when OS 5.0 was realeased for some newer devices.
    07-21-10 06:00 PM
    Verizon has already deemed the Storm 2 not OS6 worth.
    07-21-10 06:04 PM
    RIM has screwed up with OS6, releasing too little info and making it a marketing hype. It will NEVER live up to expectations.

There will be so much disappointment in it because of that, people are going to be jumping ship anyway.
    07-21-10 06:06 PM
    Did you guys think verizon would of released bb6 to the storm2 right away anyways no chance first they want you to big a new phone. If storm2 does ot want be till after christmas just the new blackberrys will get it first
    07-21-10 06:08 PM
    based on heresay and nothing more. There is no solid evidence that OS6 will not be 9550 compatible. As with everthing that has to deal with RIM, I will believe it when it see it or I dont see it.
    07-21-10 06:10 PM
    All evidence points to OS6 not making its way to the Storm 2. The Storm 2 "refresh" is probably the other clue. I would like to have the refresh, but not to drop another $200 for it.

RIM will lose big time if they move forward with just new phones using OS6.
    07-21-10 06:16 PM
    Well if your plan ois over $59.99, you can upgrade yearly, you just lose your n/e $50 off.
    I only have the 450 min for 39.99. I barely use the phone. I use the data more.

Its not worth it for me to upgrade phone plans. Will cost me a ton of money in the long run. Im jumping on my parents plan. I have to pay 135 term fee but then i pay 20 bucks less and get a brand new phone.
    07-21-10 06:18 PM

based on heresay and nothing more. There is no solid evidence that OS6 will not be 9550 compatible. As with everthing that has to deal with RIM, I will believe it when it see it or I dont see it.
    All evidence points to OS6 not making its way to the Storm 2. The Storm 2 "refresh" is probably the other clue. I would like to have the refresh, but not to drop another $200 for it.

RIM will lose big time if they move forward with just new phones using OS6.
    Did Verizon halt BlackBerry 6 testing on the BlackBerry Storm 2?!? | CrackBerry.com

I only have the 450 min for 39.99. I barely use the phone. I use the data more.

Its not worth it for me to upgrade phone plans. Will cost me a ton of money in the long run. Im jumping on my parents plan. I have to pay 135 term fee but then i pay 20 bucks less and get a brand new phone.
    Pretty sure that $59.99 includes the data portion of your contract. (but not 100% on that).
    07-21-10 06:29 PM
    [/QUOTE]Pretty sure that $59.99 includes the data portion of your contract. (but not 100% on that).[/QUOTE]

It doesnt. believe me. I called verizon and begged them to let me buy another phone. People with the cheap plans get pretty much no leeway.

The best they would do is let me upgrade to the first droid for 289.00 or trade for the tour.
    07-21-10 06:33 PM
    The world will still revolve on its axis, the sun will rise and the stars will still come out at night...and I will continue to be happy with my Storm2 until the Storm3 comes out. It does everything I want it to do; do I want more, sure I do, but let's keep things in perspective.
    Last edited by corymcnutt; 07-21-10 at 06:53 PM.
    07-21-10 06:47 PM
    The amount of "rumors & speculation" over something that hasn't released and the fact that there are those on here that write it off without having anything credible to base that on continues to amuse me all we can do is wait and see.

Geez ppl, get lives.

One person repeats from some he said/ she said isht and the next thing you know 50 others are spreading it like wildfire and the worse part is those that "critique" the device and give it a bad rap without them knowing a d*mn thing about it.
    07-21-10 06:51 PM
    i think os6 will be out for most phones over time just like os5 was...
    07-21-10 06:52 PM
    The amount of "rumors & speculation" over something that hasn't released and the fact that there are those on here that write it off without having anything credible to base that on continues to amuse me all we can do is wait and see.

Geez ppl, get lives.

One person repeats from some he said/ she said isht and the next thing you know 50 others are spreading it like wildfire and the worse part is those that "critique" the device and give it a bad rap without them knowing a d*mn thing about it.

Agree completely!
    07-21-10 06:57 PM
    Even if it does run on the S2, it will probably entertain you lot for about 5 seconds.
    07-21-10 06:58 PM
    Even if it does run on the S2, it will probably entertain you lot for about 5 seconds.
    no no no! More like 6-7 seconds
    07-21-10 07:05 PM
    Step 1: Wait for all carriers to stop stocking the original S2.
    Step 2: Destroy your phone in some epic explosive way.
    Step 3: Use insurance to get the refresh.
    Step 4: If you realized you never had insurance, facepalm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 07:39 PM
    The storm 2 will continue
    to sell regardless of being compatible with OS6. Just like the older devices continued to sell when OS 5.0 was realeased for some newer devices.
    Not even close.
    07-21-10 08:33 PM
    07-21-10 09:37 PM
    i think os6 will be out for most phones over time just like os5 was...

Just like OS 5 was available for the 9000 (at least on ATT) and still is right?
    07-21-10 09:40 PM
    I wish Rim would move a little faster. I picked up a Droid incredible and I have to say I'm impressed. I still have my storm 2 in a desk and I don't know if I will pick it back up. I have been using Blackberry for awhile and have to say I am impressed with the incedible.
    07-21-10 11:31 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD